English-taught Undergraduate Program of Architecture
Among more than 1,800 higher-learning institutes in China, SEU is one of the oldest and top 20 for its more than a century’s academic excellence and whole-person education. 34 of its schools and departments offer 64 Bachelor’s, 210 Master’s and 112 Ph. D programs. There are about 3000 full-time faculties and a current enrollment of 17,000 undergraduate students, 10,000 postgraduate students and nearly 1000 international students from 80 countries on 3 of its main campuses covering a total area of more than 400 hectares.
Features of the Program
The university’s discipline of architecture takes the leading position home and abroad and keeps an increasing influence in the world. The graduates, including some prominent members of the Academy of Engineering of China and many noted experts, have contributed a lot to the development of architecture.
School of Architecture, SEU (formerly National Central University and Nanjing Institute of Technology) was founded in 1927 as the origin of China’ modern architecture education. For the past 80 years, 3000 students graduated from School of Architecture, including 6 academicians of the Academy of Engineering and 10 Construction & Design Masters. 55% of the faculty in the school have doctor’s degree and 70% have the experience of studying or working abroad. School of Architecture has academic cooperation and exchanges with many countries, such as U.S.A., U.K., France, Japan, Swiss, Sweden, Netherland, Germany, Australia, Korea, Austria and Singapore, and it has close contact with international organizations including UNESCO.
Over 16 year’s old, high school graduate or above, healthy foreigners
Language Requirements (The applicant should meet one of the following language equivalents.):
1. Graduate from high schools of English-speaking countries or where English is an official language.
2. IELTS: (Academic Level): 5.0
3. TOEFL: 61 (Computer-based) or 500 (Paper-based)
Application Period: March 1 – June 30
1. SEU Application Form for International Students
2. Senior high school diploma (original or notarized version, in notarized Chinese or English translation)
3. High school transcripts (original or notarized version, in notarized Chinese or English translation)
4. Authorized Copy of TOEFL score 500 or above, or IELTS score 5.0 or above for those applicants whose mother tongue or official language is not English.
5. Valid passport copy
Application Procedure: The completed application form, together with the application fee and the required documents，should reach the Admission Office, College of International Students, SEU before June 30. Please keep the receipt of the application fee for the check.
Application Fee: RMB400
Annual Tuition: RMB26600
Annual Accommodation: RMB6000 (one occupancy in the room shared by two)
Duration of the Program: Architecture (5 years).