Minor in Electrical Engineering
Using electricity and computers to improve people's lives is the main challenge faced by electrical engineers. They design, develop, test, and supervise the manufacture of sophisticated electrical and electronic systems, such as power generators, motors, lighting systems, computer hardware and software, advanced satellite systems, cell phone, smart appliances, etc.
In this major, elective courses may be chosen from the broad categories of controls/communications/signal processing, computer engineering, electronics, electro-physics/electro-optics/microwaves, power systems/power electronics, and biomedical imaging/sensing and systems. Electrical engineering is one of the most popular engineering fields and trends indicate that the growth in this area will continue at least into the next century.
What do you want to do with Electrical Engineering?
Electrical and Electronics Engineer, Electrical Power Engineer, Researcher, Consultant, Telecommunications Engineer, Software Engineer, Applications Engineer, and more.
Remember: Your major does not equal your career! For more ideas about how to put your education to work, talk with your specific Career Advisor.
- Presidential Scholarship: Pays full-time tuition and fees for up to 4 years for the first time full-time freshman
- Eagle Elite Scholarship: Pays $3000 a year for up to 4 years
- Transfer Scholarship: Pays $2000 a year for up to 2 years
- Donor Scholarships: TAMUT awards various donor scholarships to continuing students based on merit. These scholarships range from $250 to $2000 a year.
- Fully admitted new degree-seeking international students with an incoming GPA of at least a 2.5 or a 980 SAT are eligible to apply for the Global Heritage Scholarship. The Global Heritage Scholarship at Texas A&M University-Texarkana celebrates cultural diversity and the expansion of global mindsets. International students are encouraged to apply for this scholarship. International recipients will receive some financial assistance and will have their non-resident statutory tuition replaced with the more affordable resident statutory tuition. Overall, this scholarship can save an international student up to $14,000 per academic year.
About the School
As a member of The Texas A&M University System, Texas A&M University-Texarkana is a comprehensive regional University that provides students with academically challenging, engaging, and reward ... Read More