Major in Sport Management
This major is for students interested in the study of sports from a business perspective with the goal of entering the sport industry. Additionally, students may be interested in pursuing careers as administrators and managers in athletic, health, and country clubs, as well as entry-level management positions in college and professional athletic organizations. This major has two options: internship and non-internship. A Sport Management major with an internship option prepares students for careers in managing sport, fitness, and athletic programs. The internship program allows students to gain real-world experience that often opens doors to jobs in the field. Within the non-internship option, students are prepared for a diversity of roles in the areas of sports marketing and promotions, facility management and planning, activity programming, and events management. Non-internship students must also complete two minors (i.e., Business, Journalism Studies, or Communication).
stevepb / Pixabay
What do you want to do with Sport Management?
Administrators and Managers in Athletic, Health, and Country Clubs; Activity Programming and Events Management; Facility Management and Planning; Sport Marketing and Promotions, and more.
Remember: Your major does not equal your career! For more ideas about how to put your education to work, talk with your specific Career Advisor.
- Presidential Scholarship: Pays full-time tuition and fees for up to 4 years for the first time full-time freshman
- Eagle Elite Scholarship: Pays $3000 a year for up to 4 years
- Transfer Scholarship: Pays $2000 a year for up to 2 years
- Donor Scholarships: TAMUT awards various donor scholarships to continuing students based on merit. These scholarships range from $250 to $2000 a year.
- Fully admitted new degree-seeking international students with an incoming GPA of at least a 2.5 or a 980 SAT are eligible to apply for the Global Heritage Scholarship. The Global Heritage Scholarship at Texas A&M University-Texarkana celebrates cultural diversity and the expansion of global mindsets. International students are encouraged to apply for this scholarship. International recipients will receive some financial assistance and will have their non-resident statutory tuition replaced with the more affordable resident statutory tuition. Overall, this scholarship can save an international student up to $14,000 per academic year.