Department E6 “Thermophysics” conducts recruitment in the direction of bachelor training 03/14/01 “Nuclear energy and thermophysics”, profile “Thermophysics”.
The scientific interests of the department: thermophysical properties of substances, complex heat transfer, turbulence, thermophysical analysis of processes in plasma, thermophysics of nanostructures.
The main courses for students of the department: "Thermodynamics", "Theory of heat and mass transfer", "Statistical thermodynamics", "Mechanics of liquid and gas", "Fundamentals of the theory of turbulence", "Thermal protection", "Theory and technique of thermophysical experiment", "Methods of intensification of heat transfer "," Heat exchangers "," Computing heat transfer and hydrodynamics "," Heat engines "," Nuclear and thermonuclear installations "," Control in technical systems "," Automated systems in scientific research "," Theory of combustion and explosion "," Teplofi physics of heterogeneous flows ”,“ Thermophysics of two-phase media ”,“ Plasma physics ”,“ Introduction to nanotechnology ”,“ Thermophysics of nanostructures ”.
The department has created and operates a research laboratory to study the thermophysical properties of nanostructures.
The department is taught by experts from leading high-tech enterprises: TsIAM them. P.I. Baranova, Joint Institute for High Temperatures of RAS, TsAGI named after professors N.E. Zhukovsky, Institute of Problems of Mechanics. A.Yu. Ishlinsky RAS, Keldysh Center, Institute of General Physics A.M. Prokhorov RAS and others. Laboratory workshops, internships, and internships are conducted on the basis of these enterprises.
In the fourth year, students have the opportunity of professional internships and graduate qualifications on the basis of partner enterprises with subsequent employment and continued studies in the magistracy. The directions of students' research work are determined by the existing scientific schools of the department and the areas of work of enterprises. geralt / Pixabay
The subject of scientific schools of the department is developing in the following areas:
- Basic research of heat transfer: turbulent heat transfer in gases, liquids and high-temperature plasma; heat transfer in nanostructures; heat transfer in the interaction of hypersonic flows with solid barriers; heat transfer intensification; evaporation and condensation.
- Applied studies of heat transfer: heat transfer during the interaction of hot gas flows with porous walls through which cooling gas or liquid is supplied; heat exchange of hot gas flows with walls of complex geometry; heat transfer during boiling of liquid in the channels of heat exchangers.
- Control systems and automation of heat power plants: development and research of control systems of heat power plants, mathematical modeling of control systems of heat power plants; engine fuel supply systems; development of mathematical models of automatic control systems; study of the dynamic characteristics of piston engines; adaptation of piston engines to alternative fuels.
- High-temperature plasma technologies: creation of technological installations for three-dimensional implantation; creation of small-sized electric arc plasma furnaces; creation of stands for multilayer nanostructures; development of technology for the production of pure silicon and quartz.
- Thermophysical studies of thermonuclear plasma: development of the concept of a low-radioactive fusion reactor; development of the concept of a hybrid thermonuclear-nuclear power plant.
Graduates work at the leading enterprises of Roskosmos and Rosatom, at research institutes of the Russian Academy of Sciences and research centers of the Russian Federation. The resulting education allows you to successfully work at enterprises of almost all the leading industries, since thermal engineers are in demand everywhere.
To participate in the competition for a budget / paid form of study, you must:
- Unified State Exam in Physics,
- USE in mathematics (profile),
- USE in Russian.
List of documents required for participation in the competition
Applicants to the 1st year of MSTU. N.E. Bauman is provided with the following documents to the selection committee:
- Applications (filled out at the University) addressed to the Rector on acceptance of documents, participation in the competition (the areas of training / specialty selected for training are indicated in the Application in the priority order for the applicant) and consent to enrollment subject to passing through the competition ;
- consent to the processing of personal data (filled out at the University);
- present a passport , and also provide a copy of it (turns 2 and 3 with personal data);
- the original document of the established form on education / or a copy of it (for the following categories of applicants, the original is immediately necessary: those who are admitted for the targeted admission; with special admission rights without entrance examinations, to places within a special (10%) quota);
- copies of diplomas of winners or prize-winners of schoolchildren’s olympiads, giving special rights to admission without entrance examinations or to participate in the competition with the highest possible score of 100 points in a subject corresponding to the profile of the olympiad;
- copies of documents confirming the possible presence of applicants' rights: for admission according to the results of entrance tests conducted by MSTU im. N.E. Bauman alone; for admission to places within a special (10%) quota; preemptive right of enrollment;
- copies of documents confirming that applicants have individual achievements, evaluated by additional points;
- for applicants for a targeted admission - an agreement on targeted education between an applicant and a government body of the Russian Federation, local government, institution, enterprise, etc .;
- 6 photos 3x4 (required - for those who pass exams conducted by MSTU named after N.E.Bauman independently);
- (optionally) a registered certificate / military ID (for young people);
- (preferably) SNILS - Insurance number of an individual personal account
- other documents, the presentation of which is in the interests of applicants.
About the School
Today BMSTU, a National Research University of Engineering and Technology, is one of the three leading universities in Russia and is ranked number one among Russian technical universities. According t ... Read More