Combining your preparation studies with your undergraduate degree in a single study plan, you can choose from a range of degrees including BEng Aerospace Engineering, BEng Chemical Engineering and BEng Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering.
If you do not meet the minimum entry requirements for this programme, you should apply for an International Year One in Accounting, Engineering or Management and Finance, which also offer progression to undergraduate degrees.
Opportunity to apply for one visa for the full duration of your study plan.
During Year 1 of the study plan:
- Develop the knowledge and skills for your chosen degree through a specialist pathway.
- Study academic modules that reflect the first year of your chosen degree.
- Adapt to studying in the UK thanks to modules designed to equip you with the skills you need for university.
Which degrees are available?
- Aerospace Engineering-BEng (Hons)
- Chemical Engineering-BEng (Hons)
- Civil Engineering-BEng (Hons)
- Computer Science with a Year in Industry-BEng (Hons)
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering-BEng (Hons
- Mechanical Engineering-BEng (Hons)
- Product Design Engineering-BEng (Hons)
What will I study?
During Year 1 of the study plan, you complete modules tailored to your chosen degree subject.
How will I be assessed?
Assessment throughout the first year of your study plan is both formal and informal. Progress is monitored by continuous assessment of coursework and by the use of class tests. The final grade for each unit is based on a mixture of coursework and end-of-course examinations.
Assessment will be by:
- Coursework (prepared assignments, unit tests, experimental reports, computer use).
- Mid-course and end-of-course examinations.
16 years and above.
All students commencing courses for the September start date must be 17 years old by 31 December of that calendar year. For all other start dates, students must be 17 years old on the published start date of the course.
Two ‘D’ grades from a UK A-level board, a recognised foundation, the first year of an overseas university degree programme or equivalent with good grades. Students will be expected to have studied Mathematics and preferably Physics at this level.
English Language Requirements
From: IELTS 5.5 (with a minimum of 5.5 in all subskills) or equivalent.
In addition to the UKVI IELTS, INTO is able to accept other English language qualifications. For more information on accepted qualifications, please see: www.intostudy.com/selt-alternatives
Please note: if you do not meet the minimum entry requirements, you should apply for one of our International Year One programmes which also offer progression to the degrees listed here.
|Year 1 of study plan||£17,375|
At INTO Queen's University Belfast, we are committed to helping ambitious international students like you achieve their goals of studying at a world-class university in the UK.
With a range of generous scholarships on offer, you could be eligible to receive funding to help towards your tuition fees – regardless of your background or financial circumstance.
About the School
Founded in 1845 as Queen's College Belfast, we became an independent university in 1908. Today, we are ranked in the top 173 universities in the world (QS World Rankings 2020) in the top 140 in the wo ... Read More