The Department of Biomedical Technical Systems (BMT-1) is preparing bachelors in the direction of "Biotechnical Systems and Technologies . "
Graduates of the department are in demand for work in research and production institutions specializing in the creation of modern samples of biomedical and biometric equipment and technologies.
The scientific basis of the specialty is: biophysics, which determines the fundamental principles of the functioning of living systems, the theory of biotechnological systems, which describes the technical and biological subsystems connected by a single control loop, methods for measuring and analyzing biosignals.
A feature of training is its interdisciplinary nature; along with the general fundamental preparation of MSTU, students for a deeper understanding of biomedical processes, study a number of disciplines including biology, biochemistry, anatomy, pathology, physiology and clinical medicine. Classes are held at the Moscow Medical Academy. THEM. Sechenov.
Special profiling training is laid in the study of the latest laser, ultrasound, electronic and other medical devices and systems using modern design technologies.
Graduates work in large centers, institutes and organizations engaged in the development and research of new types of medical equipment.
Under individual plans, students are given the opportunity to specialize in management in healthcare and biomedical engineering, as well as receive a diploma of secondary medical education along with a diploma from MSTU. Graduates who have a penchant for scientific work can continue their research in the framework of the 7th year of study with subsequent admission to graduate school.
Students and graduate students of the department participate in promising research and development, regularly participate in competitions of scientific projects and grants, scholarship programs, scientific and technical exhibitions, speak at conferences, publish articles in scientific journals.
The scientific and pedagogical staff of the department employs 29 highly qualified teachers, including 5 doctors and 18 candidates of science. To conduct the educational process, leading experts of the medical and technical industry, the All-Russian Research Institute of Medical Technology, as well as the Scientific Research Institute of Biomedical Technology, the Scientific Research Institute of Biometric Technology, the Scientific and Educational Medical and Technological Center, the Scientific and Educational Center "Intelligent City" of Moscow State Technical University named after N.E. Bauman. The clinical bases of the department are Clinical Hospital No. 1 named after N.I. Pirogov and PSMU them. THEM. Sechenov.
- Morphometry and analysis of biomedical images
- Laser medical equipment
- Electrophysiological methods of diagnosis and therapy
- Medical Robotics
- Morphometry of images of biomedical preparations
- Biometric Identity Technology
The enterprises where students practice:
- All-Russian Research and Testing Institute of Medical Technology (VNIIIMT)
- Subdivisions of RAMS and RAS
- Educational and Scientific Medical and Technological Center (UNMTC) MSTU named after N.E. Bauman
- Scientific Research and Testing Center of Biometric Technology (NIITs BT) MSTU named after N.E. Bauman
- Research Institute of Biomedical Engineering (NII BMT) MSTU named after N.E. Bauman
- City Clinical Hospital №1 named after N.I. Pirogov
To participate in the competition for a budget / paid form of study, you must:
- Unified State Exam in Physics (1st priority) ,
- USE in mathematics (2nd priority) ,
- USE in the Russian language (3rd priority) ;
List of documents required for participation in the competition
Applicants to the 1st year of MSTU. N.E. Bauman is provided with the following documents to the selection committee:
- Applications (filled out at the University) addressed to the Rector on the acceptance of documents, on participation in the competition (the areas of training / specialty selected for training are indicated in the Application in the order priority for the applicant) and on consent to enrollment subject to passing through the competition ;
- consent to the processing of personal data (filled out at the University);
- present a passport , and also provide a copy of it (turns 2 and 3 with personal data);
- the original of the document of the established form on education / or a copy of it (for the following categories of applicants, the original is immediately necessary: applicants for the targeted admission; with special admission rights without entrance examinations, to places within a special (10%) quota);
- copies of diplomas of winners or prize-winners of schoolchildren’s olympiads, giving special rights to admission without entrance examinations or to participate in the competition with the highest possible score of 100 points in a subject corresponding to the profile of the olympiad;
- copies of documents confirming the possible presence of applicants' rights: for admission according to the results of entrance tests conducted by MSTU im. N.E. Bauman alone; for admission to places within a special (10%) quota; preemptive right of enrollment;
- copies of documents confirming that applicants have individual achievements, evaluated by additional points;
- for applicants for targeted admission - an agreement on targeted education between an applicant and a government body of the Russian Federation, local government, institution, enterprise;
- 6 photos 3x4 (required - for those who pass exams conducted by MSTU named after N.E.Bauman independently);
- (optionally) a registered certificate / military ID (for young people);
- (preferably) SNILS - Insurance number of an individual personal account
- other documents, the presentation of which is in the interests of applicants.
About the School
Today BMSTU, a National Research University of Engineering and Technology, is one of the three leading universities in Russia and is ranked number one among Russian technical universities. According t ... Read More