The Department of IU-9 "Theoretical Computer Science and Computer Technology" provides training for bachelors in the field of "Applied Mathematics and Computer Science".
We train developers of mathematical and software for high-tech areas of technology and modern information technologies with a focus on high-performance programming, which provides in-depth knowledge of algorithms, compilation and optimization technologies of program code, and features of creating multi-threaded, parallel and distributed applications.
Curricula provide for fundamental mathematical training, close to basic mathematical training in the physical and mathematical specialties of classical universities. Additionally, students get acquainted with a number of subject areas in which the latest achievements of mathematics and programming are actively used, including linguistics, bioinformatics, and molecular modeling.
Features of preparation
The curriculum in mathematics of the first two courses is close to the curriculum of the general mathematical training of the Faculty of Mechanics and Mathematics and corresponds to the curriculum of the faculty of VMiK Moscow State University M.V. Lomonosov. The main mathematical courses are taught by graduates and employees of the Faculty of Mechanics and Mathematics of Moscow State University.
- Intensive study of algorithms is carried out from the first days of training.
- From the first course, a practical skill is developed for quick and effective language learning and programming paradigms.
Differences from similar programs of other universities
- Significant influence of the traditions of engineering education MSTU. N.E. Bauman.
- Orientation of the undergraduate program to system programming and compiler design.
- Advanced training in computer linguistics, bio- and chemoinformatics in the magistracy.
Differences from other departments of the faculty of IU
- Advanced mathematical training.
- The priority of fundamental scientific preparation over general engineering.
- Several times more volume of practical tasks on programming.
- Widespread use of the T-BMSTU automated testing system, which is an analogue of the e-judge system from the Olympiad programming, but, unlike the latter, specially adapted for the educational process and supporting a larger number of programming languages.
- Focus on UNIX-like operating systems.
The learning process (term papers and graduate work, research) and the specialization of the graduates of the department are based on the following scientific and industrial areas:
- the development of unique algorithms, including the solution of problems of class NP ;
- creation of new programming languages;
- automatic analysis of the source code of programs;
- symbolic computing, computer algebra, and automatic proof systems;
- analysis of architectures and use of operating systems, application software on high-performance computing facilities;
- computer linguistics, including a variety of tasks in word processing in natural languages;
- development and system support of complex information systems, with special data processing algorithms, including geoinformation, testing and training systems.
To participate in the competition for a budget / paid form of study, you must:
- USE in Informatics and ICT (1st priority) ,
- USE in mathematics (2nd priority) ,
- USE in the Russian language (3rd priority) ;
List of documents required for participation in the competition
Applicants to the 1st year of MSTU. N.E. Bauman is provided with the following documents to the selection committee:
- Applications (filled out at the University) addressed to the Rector on the acceptance of documents, on participation in the competition (the areas of training / specialty selected for training are indicated in the Application in the order priority for the applicant) and on consent to enrollment subject to passing through the competition ;
- consent to the processing of personal data (filled out at the University);
- present a passport , and also provide a copy of it (turns 2 and 3 with personal data);
- the original of the document of the established form on education / or a copy of it (for the following categories of applicants, the original is immediately necessary: applicants for the targeted admission; with special admission rights without entrance examinations, to places within a special (10%) quota);
- copies of diplomas of winners or prize-winners of school olympiads giving special rights to admission without entrance examinations or to participate in the competition with the highest possible score of 100 points in a subject corresponding to the profile of the olympiad;
- copies of documents confirming the possible presence of applicants' rights: for admission according to the results of entrance tests conducted by MSTU im. N.E. Bauman alone; for admission to places within a special (10%) quota; preemptive right of enrollment;
- copies of documents confirming that applicants have individual achievements, evaluated by additional points;
- for applicants for targeted admission - an agreement on targeted education between an applicant and a government body of the Russian Federation, local government, institution, enterprise;
- 6 3x4 photos (required - for those who pass exams conducted by MSTU named after N.E.Bauman independently);
- (optionally) a registered certificate / military ID (for young people);
- (preferably) SNILS - Insurance number of an individual personal account
- other documents, the presentation of which is in the interests of applicants.
About the School
Today BMSTU, a National Research University of Engineering and Technology, is one of the three leading universities in Russia and is ranked number one among Russian technical universities. According t ... Read More