Our Hotel Management Associate of Science Degree and Certificate offers comprehensive coursework in rooms operations, revenue management, food and beverage, event management, human resources, marketing and support operations. Completion of an Associate's Degree is equivalent to the first two years of a Bachelor's degree and can be transferred to any Cypress College partner University.
Job opportunities abound at our local partner employers including the Hyatt Regency Orange County, Anaheim Marriott, Hyatt Huntington Beach Resort and Spa, Disneyland Resort and many more.
Hotel Management coursework emphasizes guest service strategies, effective communication skills, teamwork, leadership, ethics, and critical thinking. Students will be prepared for a careers in the dynamic hospitality industry. With the addition of 25 units of general education courses students earn an Associate of Science degree and advance your career. Hotel Management coursework for the 2015 - 2016 school year includes:
- HRC 101 C Introduction to Hospitality Careers
- HRC 120 C Sanitation and Safety
- HRC 125 C Restaurant & Banquet Operations
- HRC 152 C Hospitlaity Purchasing
- HRC 160 C Rooms Division Operations
- HRC 164 C Hospitality Law
- HRC 230 C Hotel Management
- HRC 231 C Cost Control in Hospitality
- HRC 232 C Special Event Management
- HRC 290 C Hospitaliy Career Capstone
- ECON 105 Principles of Economics-Micro
- MKT 222 Principles of Marketing
HRC classes transfer to our partner universities including Cal Poly Pomona Collins College of Hospitality Management and CSU Long Beach, Hospitality Management program.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 25, 2017