The course Tourism is one of the most profitable and fastest growing activities in the world economy and, in recent years, is also gaining prominence in Brazil, a country with very high growth potential due to numerous tourist attractions. In Rio de Janeiro, tourism is a major source of income in the economy, and the state capital's most visited city in the country, both by Brazilian tourists as by foreigners. In line with this view, the course of Tourism is highlighted in the preparation of new entrepreneurs, technicians, managers, consultants and planners for the various companies operating in this segment, as hotel companies, travel agencies, tour operators, PCO - organizing companies events and public entities such as tourism departments and official public companies of Tourism, at the municipal and state level.
Pedagogical Course Project
- Note 4 in the 2006 and 2009 Enade;
- Netur - Tourist Studies Center at the University Veiga de Almeida;
- Events Workshop;
- Recognized by the MEC Ordinance No. 382 of 09.16.1983;
- technical cooperation agreements and internships with various organizations of the tourist trade;
- field classes and technical visits to hosting enterprises, transport terminals, travel agencies, tour operators, PCO - organizing corporate events, convention center and spaces for events, tourist attractions, national parks, entertainment services and food services ;
- All professionals involved in the training of students have outstanding performance in the labor market, as well as in the academic field;
- Holding events promoted by the course coordinator and also by students of Events disciplines;
- The course has three central themes for the development of research, providing students with the admission to the undergraduate area. The research areas are: Tourism, Environment and Natural Heritage; Tourism, Culture and Cultural and Tourism and Social Inclusion Heritage;
- The alumni of UVA have achieved excellent performance in public tenders for technical positions in the tourism area;
- Entrepreneurship and Environmental Management are compulsory subjects.
Job market event planner, travel agencies, hotels, hostels, cruise companies, tour operators, municipal and state tourism, tourist attractions, parks, tourism consultancies, airlines, airports.
About the School
A UVA foi fundada em 1971 e passa nos últimos anos por um acentuado processo de crescimento acadêmico, tendo obtido resultados de destaques nas últimas avaliações do Ministério da Educação (MEC). Em 2 ... Read More