Sport is big business—a $435 billion-a-year industry that needs highly trained professionals with knowledge of all aspects of business operations. Students studying Sport Management will learn the ins and outs of this exciting field from our talented faculty who have years of experience working in the sport industry. Since its establishment in 1996, Sport Management has become the largest program in the College of Business.
- The Sport Management program has been accredited by the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA) for 2014-2021. It is one of only two sport management programs in the U.S. accredited by both COSMA and AACSB International.
- You will have the opportunity to work closely with real-world sport organizations on sport marketing projects.
- You will gain hands-on experience in event operations, game and tournament management, or sport information services.
- With just two additional courses added to your coursework, Sport Managment majors can double major in Marketing. Two majors in these in-demand fields will give you unparalleled flexibility when it comes to internship and career opportunities.
Sport Management Curriculum
While some colleges align Sport Management majors with physical education, Western New England University emphasizes the business side of the field. In our leading-edge major, you will take a common core of business and liberal arts classes, including:
- business law
With just two additional courses added to your coursework, Sport Managment majors can double major in Marketing. Two degrees in these in-demand fields will give you unparalleled flexibility when it comes to intersnip and career opportunities.
To expand your knowledge of the field, you will take exciting sport-specific courses such as:
- Sport Marketing
- Sport Facility Planning and Management
- Sport Law
- Economics of Sport
Learning beyond the classroom includes tours of sports facilities to see how things are managed behind the scenes.
Students have traveled to:
- Madison Square Garden
- TD Banknorth Garden
- MassMutual Center (located just a few miles from campus)
- the Baseball Hall of Fame
- the Basketball Hall of Fame (located just a few miles from campus)
You can also join the Student Sport Management Association, which sponsors sport executive speakers, sport facility tours, and the Careers in Sports panel.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 18, 2018