In 2020, the Department of E7 - “Nuclear Reactors and Installations” conducts recruitment in the specialty 05/14/01 “Nuclear Reactors and Materials” .
The department trains specialists (physical engineers) to improve the designs of modern and create new nuclear reactors, to develop technologies for the efficient use of nuclear fuel. The deep specialization of the graduates of the department ensures their successful work in the field of special ship, space, energy, research nuclear reactors, nuclear fuel cycle technologies.
On the basis of the traditionally high for MSTU fundamental physical, mathematical and general engineering training, students of the department study in-depth
- neutron physics
- reactor thermal physics,
- reactor strength theory,
- properties of reactor materials,
- radiation safety issues,
- theory of automatic regulation and control of reactor plants,
- modern technologies of physical and mathematical modeling and computer-aided design in nuclear engineering,
- special issues of ecology and economics.
Students of the department consolidate their theoretical knowledge during internships at the leading enterprises of the nuclear industry:
- OJSC Machine-Building Plant (Elektrostal, Moscow Region),
- Smolensk Nuclear Power Plant (Desnogorsk, Smolensk region)
Senior students, starting from the 5th year, begin to work at industry enterprises, where, as a rule, they carry out a graduation project.
The composition of the research and educational laboratory equipment of the department E7 includes:
- Subcritical assembly;
- Sources of radioactive radiation;
- Hydrodynamic test bench: mock-ups of fuel assemblies; bundles of steam generator pipes; processes of mixing coolant flows in water-cooled vessel reactors;
- Models of fuel assemblies of energy and research reactors, gas-dynamic test bench: elements of fuel assemblies; bundles of steam generator pipes;
- Models of CPS drives with models of control and protection systems; information-measuring and control system for providing thermophysical experiments;
- Equipment and systems providing remote access to the information-measuring system.
On this equipment, a laboratory workshop of students is carried out, as well as experimental research work of students.
To participate in the competition for a budget / paid form of study, you must:
- Unified State Exam in Physics (1st priority) ,
- USE in mathematics (2nd priority) ,
- USE in the Russian language (3rd priority) ;
List of documents required for participation in the competition
Applicants to the 1st year of MSTU. N.E. Bauman is provided with the following documents to the selection committee:
- Statements (filled out at the University) in the name of the Rector on the acceptance of documents, on participation in the competition (the areas of training / specialty selected for training are indicated in the Application in the order priority for the applicant) and on consent to enrollment subject to passing through the competition ;
- consent to the processing of personal data (filled out at the University);
- present passport , and also provide a copy of it (turns 2 and 3 with personal data);
- original document established standard of education / or a copy of it (for the following categories of applicants, the original is immediately necessary: applicants for the targeted admission; with special admission rights without entrance examinations, to places within a special (10%) quota);
- copies of diplomas of winners or prize-winners of school olympiads giving special rights to admission without entrance examinations or to participate in the competition with the highest possible score of 100 points in the subject corresponding to the profile of the Olympiad;
- copies of documents confirming the possible existence of rights for applicants : for admission according to the results of entrance tests conducted by MSTU. N.E. Bauman alone; for admission to places within a special (10%) quota; preemptive right of enrollment;
- copies of documents confirming that applicants have individual achievements, evaluated by additional points;
- for applicants for targeted admission - an agreement on targeted training between the applicant and the state authority of the Russian Federation, local government, institution, enterprise;
- special medical report;
- 6 photos 3x4 (required - for those who pass exams conducted by MSTU named after N.E.Bauman independently);
- (optionally) a registered certificate / military ID (for young people);
- (preferably) SNILS - Insurance number of an individual personal account
- other documents, the presentation of which is in the interests of applicants.
About the School
Today BMSTU, a National Research University of Engineering and Technology, is one of the three leading universities in Russia and is ranked number one among Russian technical universities. According t ... Read More