IU-1 "Automatic Control Systems"
Department IU-1 "Automatic Control Systems" trains engineers (as a graduating department), specialty 05/24/06 "Control systems for aircraft" in five student groups at four faculties of MSTU. N.E. Bauman:
1) at the faculty of the Information Technology and Management Systems Institute (2 groups are issued);
2) at the faculty of JSC “Aerospace” (1 group is issued, the base of scientific and engineering practice at OJSC “NPO mashinostroyeniya”, Reutov, Moscow region);
3) at the faculty of Substation “Priborostroitelny” (1 group is issued, the base of TsENKI practice, Aviamotornaya St., Moscow);
4) at the faculty of the RKT “Rocket and Space Technology” (1 group is issued, the base of practice is RSC Energia, Korolev, Moscow Region).
The department trains specialists in control systems
The control system is the brain and heart of any modern machine, any organism. The management principles are the same for technical objects (airplanes, spacecraft, power plants), and for the economy (banking, enterprises of any level), and for people. Therefore, an engineer, as well as a managerial scientist, is equally able to work in a wide variety of areas of human activity.
This possibility is determined by the fact that managers deal with mathematical models of real systems. And these models turn out to be the same both for the machine and for living systems and social phenomena.
A specialist in control systems must be able to work with modern network and telecommunication technologies, know modern programming languages and software, and possess the skills of a highly qualified programmer. Therefore, graduates of the department often work as high-class programmers.
To manage a process of any nature - whether in the banking sector, in space or even in politics - you need to imagine the whole task. Any project is a system task, where in order to achieve the goal it is necessary to “assemble” the system from the initial elements, calculate the laws (algorithms) of control, determine the requirements for the blocks that make up the system for their subsequent development by “narrow” specialists (radio operators, opticians, etc.) ) Therefore, managers often act as project managers. Note that the expression system approach from the terminology of managers has become popular among specialists in many fields: among engineers of various fields, in business and marketing, and even among humanities, for example, in pedagogy, although for the most part they are not involved in solving system problems and do not own them.
To be ready to work with such tasks, graduates of the department receive deep fundamental knowledge in mathematics, natural sciences and humanities. This allows them to freely navigate among objects of any physical nature when creating control systems in the most diverse areas of human activity.
Traditionally, the Department of IU1 trains specialists who are capable of solving the most complex problems of control theory and practice at a high scientific level, including such high-tech areas in the field of rocket and space technology as:
- development and research of ballistic and cruise missile control systems, manned and unmanned spacecraft;
- development and research of orientation control systems and stabilization of rockets and spacecraft.
The department is constantly improving training in these areas in collaboration with leading scientific and industrial enterprises. To this end, the faculties of AK, PS and RKT organized the scientific and engineering practice of students of the Department of IU1 at the advanced enterprises of the rocket and space industry, distributed over the entire period of study:
- OJSC Military-Industrial Corporation (VPK) NPO Mashinostroeniya (science city of the Russian Federation Reutov, Moscow Region) - group AK4 of the department IU1 at the faculty of AK;
- FSUE “Center for the Operation of Terrestrial Space Infrastructure Facilities (TsENKI)” (Aviamotornaya St., Moscow) - group PS2 of the department IU1 at the faculty of PS;
- Rocket and Space Corporation (RKK) "Energy" (science city of the Russian Federation Korolev, Moscow Region) is a group of RCT1 of the department IU1 at the faculty of RCT.
The modern level of applied mathematics, microelectronics, and computer technology allows us to move on to the creation of a fundamentally new generation of information processing and control systems - intelligent systems. In this regard, the following new specializations were developed at the department :
The curriculum provides deep fundamental training in mathematics, physics, theoretical mechanics, control and regulation theory, systems analysis and computer science. Using the obtained theoretical knowledge, a graduate of the department can obtain complex mathematical models of the process under study or a technical system. It can synthesize information processing and control algorithms that allow, on the basis of knowledge accumulated in a dynamic expert system, to develop the necessary control to ensure the achievement of the goals set for the system.
In the learning process, students gain knowledge of universal programming languages (including parallel programming languages), applied and system programming methods, principles of building multiprocessor computing, information processing and control devices and systems. Students also study the schematic foundations of control systems - modern microprocessor computing elements. The knowledge gained allows the graduates of the department to solve applied problems of information processing and management, successfully apply both unified digital microcontrollers manufactured by the industry, and solve the issues of development and design of digital microcontroller systems for special purpose purposes. A special place in the preparation is given to acquaintance with the latest information technologies and software and instrumental complexes for research and design of intelligent control systems using any type of computer.
The curriculum provides for the scientific and industrial practice of students in industrial enterprises. At the Faculty of IU, it is held in the summer months after the session due to vacations (1 month). At the faculties of AK, PS, RKT, the practice is organized differently. The practice at the Aerospace Faculty , for example, is carried out in the same volume of hours as at the IS, but it is evenly distributed over time for the entire period of study, combined in terms with theoretical lessons. This allowed the summer time to be entirely and annually spent on vacation annually (2 months).
Where our graduates work
The range of work after graduation from the department’s graduates is very wide - these are the largest state organizations, aerospace enterprises:
- RSC "Energy" named after S.P. Koroleva,
- FSUE NPO named after S. A. Lavochkina,
- VPK OAO NPO Mashinostroeniya,
- RNII CPK them. Yu.A. Gagarin,
- Scientific institutions of the Russian Academy of Sciences
- Leading commercial banks (GB of Russia, Menatep)
- private firms (ROSNO, Beeline, Belkom).
The department has strong ties with universities in the UK, USA, Bulgaria, South Korea, where the best graduates undergo an internship and receive a master's or Ph.D.
IU-2 "Instruments and systems of orientation, stabilization and navigation"
Department IU-2 "Instruments and systems of orientation, stabilization and navigation" provides training in the direction 05/24/06 "Control systems for aircraft", specialization "Instruments of navigation ".
The department “Instruments and systems of orientation, stabilization and navigation” is one of the oldest departments graduating from developers of gyroscopic devices, autopilots and inertial navigation systems in Russian universities. Currently, the Department of IU-2 successfully continues the traditions of the well-known scientific school in Russia in the field of gyroscopic navigation technology. Specialists of the department are working on issues of the theory of navigation systems (on dynamically tuned, laser, fiber-optic and micromechanical gyroscopes) as applied to geodetic problems and mineral exploration, the theory of navigation devices based on single-crystal silicon, on test methods for precision instruments, on the theory and design of gyrostabilizers television and movie cameras, control systems of highly maneuverable aircraft, dynamically tuned and wave solid-state gyroscopes, magnetic x suspensions. Algorithms, software, schematic and structural diagrams of devices and systems developed by the department employees are widely used at leading enterprises in Russia and abroad (USA, China, France, South Korea, Canada).
Graduates of the department receive theoretical knowledge and practical skills in the field of development and production of modern precision gyroscopes, navigation devices, as well as computerized systems for orientation and stabilization of moving objects.
The main areas of scientific activity of the Department of IU-2 and training of specialists are associated with the development of the theory and the creation of
- gyroscopes (electromechanical of the traditional type, dynamically tuned, wave solid-state, laser, fiber optic, micromechanical) and gyrostabilizers based on them;
- gyroscopic and pendulum navigation accelerometers;
- autopilots (including instrumentation, calculator, actuators and visual information systems);
- navigation systems used in space, in air, on the earth’s surface, under water and underground (when drilling wells), including special on-board computers;
- aviation gravimetric systems for mineral exploration, mapping;
In addition, work is underway to develop information technologies for creating control and navigation systems; the creation of information processing methods in navigation systems; development of precision elements of devices and service electronics; the creation of micromechanical devices and element base; the creation of orientation systems, navigation and control of mobile robots.
To participate in the competition for a budget / paid form of study, you must:
- Unified State Exam in Physics (1st priority) ,
- USE in mathematics (2nd priority) ,
- USE in the Russian language (3rd priority) ;
List of documents required for participation in the competition
Applicants to the 1st year of MSTU. N.E. Bauman is provided with the following documents to the selection committee:
- Statements (filled out at the University) addressed to the Rector on acceptance of documents, on participation in the competition (the areas of training / specialty selected for training are indicated in the Application in the priority order for the applicant) and on consent to enrollment subject to passing through the competition ;
- consent to the processing of personal data (filled out at the University);
- present passport as well as provide a copy of it (turns 2 and 3 with personal data);
- original document established standard of education / or a copy thereof (for the following categories of applicants, the original is immediately necessary: applicants for the targeted admission; with special admission rights without entrance examinations, to places within a special (10%) quota);
- copies of diplomas of winners or prize-winners of school olympiads giving special rights for admission without entrance examinations or for participation in a competition with the highest possible score of 100 points in a subject corresponding to the profile of the Olympiad;
- copies of documents confirming the possible existence of rights for applicants : for admission according to the results of entrance tests conducted by MSTU. N.E. Bauman alone; for admission to places within a special (10%) quota; preemptive right of enrollment;
- copies of documents confirming the presence of individual achievements by applicants evaluated by additional points;
- for applicants for targeted admission - an agreement on targeted training between the applicant and the state authority of the Russian Federation, local government, institution, enterprise;
- 6 photos 3x4 (required - for those who pass exams conducted by MSTU named after N.E.Bauman independently);
- (optional) registration certificate / military ID (for young people);
- (preferably) SNILS - Insurance number of an individual personal account;
- other documents, the presentation of which is in the interests of applicants.
About the School
Today BMSTU, a National Research University of Engineering and Technology, is one of the three leading universities in Russia and is ranked number one among Russian technical universities. According t ... Read More