Degree awarded: Professional Bachelor's degree in Informatics
Field of study: IT Sciences
Duration: Full-time: 3 years
Credits (ECTS) 180
Course language: English
Application deadline: September 15, 2019
Start date: October 1, 2019
To prepare qualified IT professionals who are able to perform the following tasks – information systems design, programming, hardware and software installation and management, web-based systems providing e-services development and management, computer network administration, IT company’s planning and organization of tasks. Professionals must be able to adapt to the increasing use of renewable and fast-changing technology and market conditions.
Study program aims to develop the following competencies:
1. Teamwork and use of the acquired knowledge in the subject area, use of acquired entrepreneurial competencies, adapting to changes in the market.
2. Maintenance and use of hardware and software.
3. To understand the data structures and algorithms.
4. Develop, test, and debug applications using modern development tools and technologies.
5. Ensure information security.
6. Design, development and use of information systems.
If selected specialization is Computer Network Administration
7. You will learn how to develop and deploy computer network service systems.
If selected specialization is Internet Technology
8. You will learn how to create websites, services, and information systems using modern web technologies.
What you will be taught
Programming basics, systematic programming, database programming for graphical environment, object-oriented programming, information systems design, interactive and dynamic website development, web site optimization of computer networks and server administration etc. This degree program offers two specializations: Computer Network Administration and Internet Technology.
What you will become
As a graduate of this degree program, you will:
- Become a qualified professional who is able to work in the information technologies' developing enterprises, institutions and organizations.
- Be able to use modern programming languages.
- Create complex software projects.
- Design and administer computer networks.
- Develop and maintain computerized business information and e-commerce systems.
- Organize and execute traditional and electronic publishing.
Prospects for the internship/placement
Programmers and computer specialists remain among the most demanded professions in Lithuania and in Europe for several years in a row.