The program of simultaneity of the Degree in English: Linguistic and Literary Studies and the Degree in Galician and Portuguese: Linguistic and Literary Studies Offers a solid training in language, literature and culture for the Anglophone and Hispanic areas.
It also provides a broad perspective of the linguistic and literary currents applied to English and Spanish.
In addition, it facilitates the acquisition of advanced knowledge of Spanish language and literature, as well as the practical knowledge of other languages chosen by the students themselves (French, Italian).
Why study the degree
In only five years, the students get to have two degrees without additional costs. The program offers an up-to-date, rigorous and unique training in the framework of the Galician university system, since it is the only one that makes it possible to study two titles in parallel. To do this, it combines the necessary linguistic, literary and cultural knowledge with the handling of the tools derived from the new technologies.
Likewise, it offers the possibility of completing the training in prestigious foreign universities with which there are agreements and to know in this way other cultures and people in their own country.
At the end of the program, students are in optimal conditions to apply the experiences and knowledge acquired to the world of work or the continuation of higher education.
What is learned
The program provides a very broad training in the field of studies on English-speaking and Galician-Portuguese language, literature and culture. The different branches of philological knowledge (grammar, pragmatics, sociolinguistics, history of the language, movements and literary genres, authors and authors of English, Galician and Portuguese literatures, etc.) are studied, combining the two cultural spaces.
In this way, the students are very prepared to successfully develop the responsibilities of their working life. At the same time, he acquired a very good plurilingual competence (Spanish, Galician, Portuguese and English, optionally also in French and Italian), which was a positive result in his professional skills.
Structure of the Study
- Spanish Language 1
- Galician Language 1
- English 1
- General Linguistics
- Introduction to literary studies
- Language and Classical Culture
- Information and Communication Technologies
- English Language 2
- English Literature 1
- Spanish literature
- Galician Literature
- Spanish Language 2
- Galician Language 2
- English Language 3
- Modern Language: French
- Modern Language: Italian
- English Literature 2
- Translation Techniques
- English Language 4
- Galician Language and Oral Communication
- Portuguese Language 1
- Galician-Portuguese Medieval Literature
- English Language and Uses 1
- English Literature (XVI-XVII)
- Phonetics of the English Language
- Contemporary Galician Literature 1
- Galician Language and Society
- Portuguese Literature 1
- North American Literature 1
- English grammar
- Postcolonial Literature
- History of the Galician and Portuguese Language
- Language and Culture of Portuguese Speaking Countries
- Editing and Commentary on Galician and Portuguese Texts
- Portuguese Language 2
- Contemporary Galician Literature 2
- Language and Variation in Galician-Portuguese Space
- Poetry in Galician and Portuguese Language
- Culture and Civilization of English Speaking Countries
- Writing and Argumentation Techniques
- Scientific-Technical English
- English Literature (18th and 19th Centuries)
- English Language and Uses 2
- English Varieties
- English Literature and Gender
- Normalization and Planning of the Galician Language
- Galician Literature and Sociocultural Studies
- Literature of Portuguese Language
- Galician Grammar
- Narrative and Essay in Galician and Portuguese Language
- Theater in Galician and Portuguese Language
- English Language Matters
- English Literature and its Critique
- English Language Studies
- English Literature (20th and 21st Centuries)
- Irish Literature
- American Literature in its Texts
- Portuguese Literature 2
- Galician Language: Standard and Uses
- American Literature 2
- History of the English Language
- Final Project
- Final Project
Professional and academic outputs
Professional environment in which it is located
The students who finish their studies will have a very high specialization in the linguistic and literary field Anglophone and Galician-Portuguese. Therefore, it will connect with a professional context also specialized in which teaching in the public and private sphere (academies, colleges, colleges, institutes, foreign language assistants, etc.), linguistic and socio-cultural advice, translation or dynamization Cultural aspects are outlined as the main labor itineraries.
Professional and academic outputs
Among the main academic and career output profiles are: teaching, translation and interpretation, linguistic, cultural and editorial advice and mediation, cultural and linguistic advice in the business world, literary criticism, media, cultural management, literary promotion , Linguistic normalization, linguistic therapy, advertising, specialized bookstores, etc.
The students can also continue their higher education and access to masters that are offered in the faculty.
The program is designed for all those people with interest and special sensitivity to linguistic phenomena and their artistic manifestations in literature, mainly in the Anglophone and Galician-Portuguese. It is also appropriate for all students with literary and cultural concerns in these two spaces.
Common access requirements
In order to request a place, one of the following access requirements established in art. 2 of RD 1892/2008:
- To be in possession of the title of Bachillerato, or equivalent, and to pass the Test of Access to the University (PAU)
- Comply with the requirements for access to the university in the educational systems of member states of the European Union or other states with which Spain has signed international agreements in this area.
- Have passed the University Access Test for over 25 years, or have it passed, in the University System of Galicia, according to previous regulations.
- Have passed the university entrance test for those over 45 years.
- Possess a title of superior technician of professional formation, teachings of plastic arts and design or superior technical technician, or equivalent titles.
- Possess an official university degree, a degree from correspondents to the previous order of university education (graduate, graduate, engineer, etc.) or equivalent degrees.
- To be able to access the university according to educational orders prior to that established by Royal Decree 1892/2008, of November 14, not contemplated in the previous sections.
About the School
The University of A Coruña is a public institution whose primary objective is the generation, management and dissemination of culture and scientific, technological and professional knowledge through t ... Read More