Political Science / International Relations
OFFICIAL TITLE: Degree in Political Science
DURATION / ECTS: 4 years / 240 ECTS
SEATS / CAMPUS: 30 / Moncada - Alfara
IMPARTIDO EN: Spanish
- Having sound and strong views about history, society and culture today. Achieving this competition involves purchasing criteria that allow understand and appreciate the society and current culture, based on rigorous consideration of the present reality and its historical roots, with attention to the constitutional principles and the Social Doctrine of the Church, the purpose of enabling the graduate to participate responsibly in social life in order to peace and the common good.
- Being able to express themselves correctly or proper development of communication and oral and written expression. Achieving this competence involves learning about the resources of oratory and writing. verbal and nonverbal communication.
- Being able to operate with ease and efficiency in at least one foreign language. Achieving this competency involves being able to develop the skills needed to work proficiently and effectively, both in writing and orally, in English and tendentiously, in another foreign language. Ability to work in a national and international context.
- Being able to understand and synthesize complex propositions, critically, in the context in which they are presented. Achieving this competency involves being able to define, distinguish and relate both the basics and the premises on which the exposure of any argument is built, as well as to state and substantiate the content of synthetic and critically, in the scientific context , political, social, media or in organizational in which they are presented.
- Being able to apply the knowledge apprehended problem solving. Achieving this competency involves being able to, from the acquired knowledge to solve problems or make a judgment about themselves-be they theoretical, practical, moral or technical nature; and make a reasoned, prudent and effective.
- Being able to gather and interpret relevant data to develop own arguments. Achieving this competency involves being able to develop a hypothesis and plan their demonstration; obtain, interpret and select the information necessary for study; recapitulate the analysis result with arguments that give reason for the process carried out and its results.
- Being able to communicate information, ideas, problems and solutions. Achieving this competency involves being able to plan a communication process? Taking into account the subjective and objective environment in which developed and carry it out in a professional manner? In the background and the training effectively using different resources communicative.
- Being able to undertake and complete projects independently, professional and qualified way. Achieving this competency involves being able to design a work plan and undertake its culmination with perseverance and flexibility -anticipándose and overcoming the difficulties encountered in their development and integrating changes his exija- become professional and qualified way.
- Take a holistic view of human beings in its immanent and transcendent dimension. Achieving this competition implies an attitude of seeking truth from different orders of knowledge about human nature and common personal dignity to all men and women, with particular attention to the ethical and moral implications.
- Being able to participate in work teams and lead them . Achieving this competency involves being able to collaborate in teams and lead them, contributing assertively and respectful to the delimitation, planning and development objectives. Ethical commitment, dedication to service and guidance to the public.
- Being able to negotiate and manage the assumption of agreements. Achieving this competition involves being able to negotiate, manage and mediate the assumption of agreements conflicting or competing interests from the goal of achieving more just and convenient solution for all environments; seeking the understanding and integration of legitimate positions and rights of each of the parties involved. Ethical commitment, dedication to service and guidance to the public.
- Acquire an ethical and personal commitment to targeting quality, excellence and personal sacrifice. Achieving this competition involves instilling the student / a the spirit of personal sacrifice for a job well done, from the point of view of quality and ethics.
- Being able to recognize diversity and multiculturalism. Achieving this competition involves assessing how different from a perspective that allows develop emotional intelligence of students, accept the variety of opinions and schools of thought, and better manage information, in order to make a situation analysis to the issues raised including a wide and multicultural perspective.
- Being able to create study materials and / or research and build on those, in an orderly fashion , the plot of this dissertation or exhibition. Achieving this competency involves being able to build own study material by using different resources (notes, notes, manuals, monographs, databases, Internet, etc.) and present a reasoned and orderly a given theme. This means having the ability to manage information and critical thinking skills and autonomous learning.
- Acquire a habit of study based on a personal discipline seated in planning, rational use of resources and management time and space. Achieving this competition implies that the student will learn to manage study time, rhythmically to the continuous evaluation required by Degree taught at the University, achieving personal maturity, in terms of discipline and creating study habits are concerned.
- Knowing share abilities and skills with others, and seek the necessary help performing tasks that require it . This competence involves appreciating diversity, time management and human resources required teamwork and / or individual work, employ strategies of leadership, empathy and emotional intelligence, generate group synergies and enhance staff capacity to appreciate the shortcomings requiring personal resources and share information.
- Knowing the historical foundations and main theories and approaches of political science. Achieving this competency involves being able to identify the fundamentals, through its historical development, and knowing the conceptual elaborations, theoretical frameworks and approaches underpinning scientific knowledge in political science. Know the basic theoretical assumptions and methods and problems of different approaches. Knowing the nature of the object of study. Knowing the theories and approaches of power. As for professional knowledge (skills): To identify documentary sources and recognize and use theories, paradigms, concepts and principles of the discipline.
- Know and understand the structure and operation of systems and political institutions. Achieving this competency involves being able to identify and understand as well as its institutions. Supposed to know (know): Know the theories and doctrines of political systems; theories of democracy; politicians and understand the organization and activity of political institutions develop systems.
- Understand the universal Spanish political thought and political thought. Knowing universal mainstream political thought: their material, formal and knowledge sources. Know the main currents and authors of political thought in Spain. Being able to interpret political texts Achieving this competence involves learning about major international and national theories, and the deposit of Spanish political science thought.
- Understanding the basics of Public Law (Administrative Law and Constitutional Law). Students will understand the sources of public law, administrative law, public officials, the Constitution, the territorial organization of the State within the constitutional framework, fundamental rights and public freedoms, the guarantees, the Constitutional Court.
- Understanding the basics of Management Science, public ethics and ethics of management. Students will understand the basic tools of governance and public ethics. They know the theoretical and practical aspects of the planning and management of public resources. They will know design, implement, analyze and evaluate public policies. They will learn to manage human resources Administration
- Being able to understand, evaluate, criticize and discuss propositions of political theory in context. Achieving this competency involves being able to interpret and discuss texts, propositions and political theory in the historical, social, philosophical, legal, or economic context in which they fall, basing politológicamente own opinions.
- Being able to reason and argue in political science, to provide written public synthesis of their analysis. Achieving this competency involves being able to baste one political science reasoning correctly using the methodology of political science rhetoric and argument, both orally and in writing.
- Understanding the different possible methodologies in Social Sciences and Techniques of Social Research and understand the fundamentals of Sociology. The achievement of this competence implies that students will learn the theoretical and practical foundations of methodologies in the social sciences. They advance in the application of the methodologies studied in applied research. Likewise, the graduate / a in Political Science you can understand and distinguish social actions and collective actions; social actors and collective actors. It will include social movements, its historical forms and the current civil associations. You can perform and interpret sociological analysis. You know implementing policies for human resources management. You know how to develop organizational skills, management and leadership.
- Understanding the basics of political economy and public economy. This competence implies that students know the society from the perspective of economic analysis, the operation of the national and international economy, production and distribution of wealth, public sector intervention in the economy, economic policy and functions public sector, budget revenue and expenditure, and taxation.
- Understanding the processes of political integration and economy, the structure and functioning of the European Union. The student will understand the integration process, its reasoning and theories, and the legal and institutional framework of the European Union, its policies and mechanisms for cooperation and action
- Understand international politics, public international law and international relations. This competition is to understand the sources of public international law and international legal framework. In addition, students will understand the complex international stage through identifying their political, institutional, organizational and political structure, besides interaction and activity developed. Knowing the underlying theories of international politics. Knowing the structure and functioning of the major international organizations. Analyze and evaluate scenarios of international politics and the development and management of foreign policy and diplomacy.
- Assume as essential values in the development of the work of political scientists that take shape in the general principles of law and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Achieving this competency involves being able to interpret and apply political knowledge basis of the general principles, fundamental rights and duties enshrined in the Spanish Constitution, respecting the universal doctrine of human rights and according to a culture of peace and democratic values.
- Understand the psychology of political actors and processes electorales.El graduate / a in Political Science distinguish the various political actors interacting in public life. You will understand the political behavior of these actors. You know how to interpret the relationship between political culture and stability of political regimes. You know interpret and analyze the election results.
- Understand and develop strategies for political leadership. Graduate / a in Political Science know to develop strategies of political leadership, applying the techniques of electoral marketing, public speaking techniques and communication strategies appropriate to the political marketing.
- Understanding the History of Spain and World History. Graduate / a in Political Science will understand the evolution of the historical changes of Spain and the world, through the study of the History of Spain and World History. It will distinguish the main approaches and theories to analyze history, will know the actors that promote social change and know how to interpret and analyze historical processes until the advent of the modern age.
- Understanding social anthropology and political anthropology. This competition is to understand the sources of anthropology, human beings, their interrelationships, and human diversity. The grading / a handle anthropological texts, analyze and know understand the essence of being human.
Political Science Graduates have a wide and varied range of professionals, both in the public and in the private outings.
Note the work of political scientists in international bodies and organizations (NATO, UNESCO, European Union, embassies and consulates, offices of the Chambers of Commerce, etc.) as well as Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs). Likewise, they can perform their jobs in companies, foundations and research centers dedicated to sociological studies and electoral marketing. In that field it is often used exclusively to recruiting political and sociological analysts, whose work is implementation, implementation and analysis of opinion polls, opinion surveys, preparation of the election campaign materials and other sociological studies.
Thus, graduates can access, among others, the following professional activities:
- Manager / a Civil State
- Local Development Agent
- Agent Rural Development
- Agent Equal Opportunities
- Sensitization agent
- Agent citizen participation
- Public Policy Analyst
- Political Analyst
- Image consultant
- Advisory / a of Political Behavior
- Advisory / a Job
- Getter / a Funds
- Consultant / a External (International)
- Diplomatic / a
- Expert / a in public opinion
- Expert / a Security
- Manager autonomous bodies, corporate public entities, public foundations or organizations
- Manager / a Administrative
- Manager / a Cultural
- Manager / a Project
- Researcher / a
- Mediator / a Conflict
- Mediator / a Intercultural
- University professor
- Technical / Superior Public Administration, both the state level, as regional and local (in various branches and specialties)
- Technical / Superior constitutional organizations
- Technical / a in Cooperation and Development
- Technical / Applied Research in Social Studies and Public Opinion
- Technical / a in International Organizations
- Technical / a Public Policy
What makes us different?
1. IEF: International Expert Focus
Our degree provides a special intensification in areas that enable you to international relations. This approach is articulated:
- Structure materials of international content in the curriculum: European Institutions, History of International Relations, Theory of International Relations, Public International Law, International Organizations, International Cooperation, Humanitarian Aid, External Administration, Foreign Policy Spain, Foreign Policy European and comparative Politics.
- Subjects are taught in English: Public International Law / Public International Law (3rd year) and Humanitarian Aid / Humanitarian Aid taught in English (4th year). Thus specialized in English language of these areas is acquired, note that during the first and second we will have helped you to improve your English so you can follow these matters without problems
- Free English classes: to improve your level and thus be able to practice outside Spain and working in international institutions.
2. Your international experience
With our coordinated Erasmus mobility in France, Germany, Belgium, Italy, Poland, Portugal, Hungary and the Czech Republic program. So you can study a semester or course in another country.
With our international internship program if you want to guarantee you a professional experience in Brussels, in the Italian Legislative Assembly or the Federation Umbria Valencia-European Region in Belgium.
3. A training plus connected to your employability
We offer the opportunity to study, parallel to grade and free of charge, the Own Degree in Communication and Political Marketing, which links to the transversal competences of the degree and one of its main areas of employability. so you will increase your skills in public speaking and political discourse in our television sets, tools of political marketing and campaign planning.
5. Double grades doubles specialist degrees
You can take while two university degrees with compatible schedules, with all classrooms in the same facilities and, of course, without paying twice. So are doubles specialist degrees from the University in double degrees.
- Journalism Political Science +
- Political Science + Advertising and Public Relations
- Political Science + Business Management
- Political Science & Law
- Law + Political Science
- Journalism + Political Science
About the School
Somos una Universidad católica, pionera en el desarrollo de proyectos educativos innovadores. Estamos orientados a ayudar a las personas que aprenden con nosotros a entender la disciplina que estudian ... Read More