Course at a Glance
- Code: BMEOC
- Course Length: 3 years, full-time
- Course taught in English
CRICOS Provider Code: 03567C | CRICOS Course Code: 095815G
Mechanical engineering is the field of engineering that applies physics and the material sciences to develop machinery. Mechanical engineers use the principles of force, energy, and motion to improve the safety, efficiency, and technological advancement of the world around us.
With this qualification, you will have acquired the essential knowledge which underpins both this and other fields of engineering. More importantly, you will have become a mechanical engineering technologist.
The degree consists of a combination of core units, sub-discipline specific ‘stream’ units, industrial work experience, and a final year project. The program duration is three years full-time. We deliver units over two semesters per year, and you will take 4.5 units per semester. There will be a short mid-semester break and extended breaks between semesters.
Like all Australian higher education providers and universities, EIT programs are accredited by the exacting standards of the Australian Government’s Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency (TEQSA). This bachelor's degree is provisionally accredited by Engineers Australia under the Sydney Accord. It is internationally recognized under the International Engineering Alliance (IEA) accords and the various signatories.
On-Campus Delivery Mode
EIT on-campus programmes include tutorial and lecture sessions, practical lab exercises, class/group discussions and personal study time. EIT uses a blended model of learning with industry experts and academics based locally and streamed in from around the world.
Our students have access to a personalized student portal where all course materials are available 24/7.
Each unit is composed of 10 hours of study per week. Full-time on-campus students will study 4.5 units per semester and are required to be on campus for a minimum of 20 hours per week for tutorial, lecture, lab/workshop and self-study sessions.
- A Year 12 Australian Senior Certificate of Education (or equivalent for International Students), completed within the past 2 years, with adequate achievement in Maths. Applicants who have completed Year 12 (or equivalent for International Students) more than 2 years ago will also need to show relevant work experience in the field of study applied for; OR
- A relevant (to the sub-discipline) Engineering AQF Diploma, Advanced Diploma, Associate Degree (or higher) with successful completion of all Maths units/modules; OR
- An overseas qualification equivalent to Point 2 above from a structured programme of learning that leads to the full or partial achievement of an officially accredited qualification undertaken at a tertiary institution such as a university, government technical college, or government-recognized private college (EIT assesses overseas qualifications using Australian Government guidelines to determine their comparability to qualifications); OR
- International Baccalaureate (IB) Completion with a minimum score of 24 including English and Maths completion; OR
- Foundation studies or bridging course completion in a relevant discipline with completion of Mathematics and English. e.g. Engineering enabling course; AND
- Satisfactory English language proficiency at an English pass level in an Australian Senior Certificate of Education (or equivalent for International Students); OR
- A specified level of achievement in a recognized English language test such as IELTS at a score of at least 6.0 (with no individual band score less than 5.5); or equivalent as outlined in the EIT Admissions Policy.
A Maths bridging test and English proficiency test must be completed by all Higher Education students during orientation week.
International students who wish to study on campus in Australia will need to have a valid international student visa. For more information please complete the contact form available on this page.
Prior Learning Recognition and Exemptions
EIT can give you credit for units where you can demonstrate substantial prior experience or educational background. An assessment fee may apply.
How to Apply
Once you have reviewed the above entry requirements for this course, you can commence the application process by completing the form on this page and one of our friendly Course Advisors will guide you through the process.
"The people in Perth are really easy-going, they respect each other, they care about each other. Everything happens on time."
Amrit Thakur, Nepal
About the School
The key objective of the Engineering Institute of Technology (EIT) is to provide an outstanding practical engineering and technology education; from Diplomas through to Masters Degrees. The finest eng ... Read More