The management provides an interdisciplinary and holistic approach to developing skills and knowledge in decision making, problem-solving and leadership. The curriculum includes a foundation in business, accounting, economics, business communications and management theory and focuses on analysis and decision making across a wide spectrum of management activities. The major prepares students for a variety of management-related careers.
The student who graduates with a major in management studies will be able to:
- Evaluate ethical, social, cultural and political issues as they relate to effective management of organizations.
- Apply management concepts and theories from across multiple academic disciplines.
- Analyze the global dimensions involved in managing all types of organizations.
- Apply critical thinking concepts to data analysis, problem-solving and decision making.
- Develop leadership skills and knowledge using a multidisciplinary approach.
- Develop skills in relevant use of computer software.
A minimum of 128 credit hours consisting of the following:
- 36 required credit hours
- Applicable university global citizenship or general education program hours
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 19, 2018