Official Degree: Degree in Journalism
Duration / ECTS: 4 years / 240 ECTS
Places / Campus: 75 / Moncada - Alfara
Taught in: Spanish
- CG1.- To be endowed with an integral vision of the human being in his immanent and transcendent dimension. The achievement of this competence implies having an attitude of seeking the truth, from different orders of knowledge, about human nature and personal dignity common to all men and women, with a particular attention to ethical and moral implications.
- CG2. Approach in a rigorous way to the current society and culture. The achievement of this competence implies acquiring criteria that allow understanding and valuing the current society and culture, based on the rigorous consideration of the present reality and its historical roots, with attention to the Social Doctrine of the Church, which allow then to participate in Responsible way in social life in order to peace and the common good.
- CG3.- Express yourself correctly in Spanish. The achievement of this competence implies that the student will know how to express himself correctly and understandably in Spanish, both in writing and orally. Also, students can choose to study Language in Valencian or Spanish.
- CG4.- Develop proficiently and effectively in English or another foreign language. The achievement of this competence implies being able to develop the necessary skills to function fluently and effectively, both in writing and orally, in English or in another of the European Union.
- CG5.- Understanding and analysis of complex propositions, with a critical sense, in the context in which they are presented. The achievement of this competence implies being able to define, distinguish and relate both the basic concepts and the premises on which the exposition of any argument is constructed, as well as to enunciate and base its content in a synthetic and critical way, in the scientific context , political, media, organizational or whatever type - in which they are presented.
- CG6.- Application of knowledge to solve problems. The achievement of this competence implies being able, from the knowledge acquired, to solve problems or to issue a judgment on them - be they of a theoretical, practical, moral or technical nature; as well as doing it in a reasoned, prudent, empathetic and efficient way.
- CG7.- Be able to gather and interpret relevant data to develop their own arguments. The achievement of this competence implies being able to elaborate a hypothesis and plan its demonstration; obtain, interpret and select the information necessary for its study; recapitulate the result of the analysis with arguments that give reason for the process carried out and its results.
- CG8.- Be able to transmit information, ideas, problems and solutions. The achievement of this competence implies being able to plan a communication process taking into account the subjective and objective environment in which it is developed - and carry it out professionally in the background and in the form - effectively using different communication resources.
- CG9.- Acquisition of an entrepreneurial spirit for the completion of projects in an autonomous, professional and qualified manner. The achievement of this competence implies being able to design a work plan as well as undertake its completion in the foreseen time - with perseverance and flexibility - anticipating and overcoming the difficulties that arise in its development and integrating the modifications that its future demands- professional and qualified way knowing how to transform adversities on occasions to learn and improve.
- CG10.- Integrate into work teams and be able to lead them. The achievement of this competence implies being able to integrate into organizations and work teams, as well as exercising their leadership, contributing in an assertive and respectful way to the delimitation, planning and development of the proposed objectives.
- CG11.- Be able to negotiate and manage the assumption of agreements. The achievement of this competence implies being able to negotiate, manage and mediate in the assumption of agreements in conflictive environments or conflicting interests from the objective of achieving the most just and convenient solution for all; seeking the understanding and integration of the legitimate positions and rights of each of the parties involved.
- CG12.- Orienting oneself for quality, excellence and personal sacrifice. The achievement of this competence implies inculcating in the student the spirit of personal sacrifice to achieve a job well done.
- CE13.- Know the historical, philosophical, social, political and cultural foundations of Social Communication. The achievement of this competence implies being able to identify and understand the principles that are in the genesis and configuration of social communication understood as a contextual framework of the informative profession. Fundamentals that delimit, condition development and make possible the practical realization of journalism.
- CE14.- Know the methods and perspectives of the different branches of research on social communication. The achievement of this competence implies being able to identify and understand the currents that interpret social communication, and their effects on society.
- CE15.- Know the Spanish, international and Church media system. Achieving this competence involves knowing the companies and organizations through which social communication and information are put into practice, understanding their structures, working mechanisms and regulatory policies, as well as the consequences of the different models in the receiving societies. .
- CE16.- Know the historical, philosophical, social, political and cultural foundations of today. The achievement of this competence implies being able to identify and understand the elements that are in the genesis and configuration of the events of social current events and the ability to have them present when preparing the information, including them in journalistic pieces in order that the Recipients can contextualize the informative story.
- CE17.- Be able to devise, plan and execute projects and informative tasks. The achievement of this competence provides competence and ability to search, select, analyze, hierarchize and shape messages in order to be disseminated through the various media.
- CE18.- Be able to communicate in the proper language of each of the media. Achieving this competence means being able to produce journalistic messages both in the language of traditional media - text, photography, infographics, radio and television - and in the new media - multimedia, interactivity, hypertextuality.
- CE19.- Be able to locate and informatively manage sources, documentation and specialized contents. The achievement of this competence involves searching, finding and working with specialized material related to current affairs and knowing how to convert it into information with meaning, at the same time useful and appropriate to the profile of the recipients.
- CE20.- Be aware of the importance of Journalism as a central tool for knowledge and judgment about the reality of current societies, as well as the responsibility that this entails. The achievement of this competence implies being able to understand that the journalist's work in the different areas of the reality in which it is deployed has a particular transcendence in the perception of reality, the configuration of the ideology and the decision making of people, which entails considerable responsibility when making professional decisions.
- CE21.- To assume as an essential value in the exercise of journalism the social function of information as formulated by the general principles of Law, the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the Social Doctrine of the Church. Achieving this competence implies being able to practice journalism in accordance with a culture of peace, democratic values and respect for the person consistent with the general principles, rights and fundamental duties enshrined in the Spanish Constitution, Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the documentary corpus of the DSI.
Being a journalist today means craving to know and know the news, desire to tell and conviction to contribute to improving society. The White Paper of the Bachelor's Degree in Communication mentions four professional opportunities:
- Journalist Information Editor in any format
- Editor or Head of Press or Institutional Communication
- Teaching Researcher and Communication Consultant
- Portal Manager and Content Editor
The journalist can develop his skills in:
- Traditional media: press, radio, television
- Cyberjournalism supports
- Information agencies
- Press and communication cabinets
- Communication consultancies and consultancies
That makes us different?
1. Experience and career
The studies in the area of communication at CEU University have started more than 30 years ago. We are backed by several decades of training communicators committed to their profession.
2. The vanguard in the facilities
Our university offers you the most professional resources and resources. You can test your creativity through the different challenges offered by the degree, either inside or outside the classroom. You have at your disposal the Audiovisual and Multimedia Production Center, where you can practice your new knowledge in a digital newspaper or a radio or television production company, also professional contests in Advertising and even a festival of audiovisual shorts.
3. Oriented towards the new employability
- We offer you the possibility of taking, in parallel to the degree and free of charge, the Title of Expert in Sports Journalism, which introduces you to the specialization in the area of sports communication and sports journalism in radio, television, press and social networks .
- And also, we offer you the possibility of studying the Own Title in Communication and Political Marketing, which links with the transversal competences of the degree and one of its main areas of employability. You will thus increase your skills in public speaking and political discourse in our television sets, in political marketing tools and in electoral campaign planning.
- The plus in Professional Tools: during the degree you will study most of the subjects supported by computer tools of the profession. But not only will you finish the degree knowing how to handle them, you will also take the skills endorsed by means of certificates: Certificate in Graphic Design and Web (202 hours: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Adobe Acrobat Professional, Flash, Wix) and Audiovisual Assembly Certificate ( 42 hours: Avid).
4. The international dimension
Free complementary training in English from first to fourth to improve the level of departure. Opportunities for international internships or exchanges (such as the EFE Agency in Paris, Lisbon, Geneva or Athens, or in European media such as El Ibérico in London). One of the best international experiences for our communication students are IPs (International Programs)
5. Double degrees of the specialist in double degrees
You can study at the same time two university courses with compatible schedules, with all the classrooms in the same facilities and, of course, without paying twice as much. So are the double degrees of the University specialist in double degrees.
- Journalism Political Science
- Journalism Audiovisual Communication
- Journalism Advertising and Public Relations
About the School
Somos una Universidad católica, pionera en el desarrollo de proyectos educativos innovadores. Estamos orientados a ayudar a las personas que aprenden con nosotros a entender la disciplina que estudian ... Read More