About the program
Name of Study Program: International Business
Area of study: Social sciences
Field of study: Business and Administration
Level of study: program 6
Type of study: College studies
Qualification awarded: Professional Bachelor of International Business
Certificate awarded: Professional Bachelor diploma
Minimal education for admission: Secondary
Objective(s) of a study program:
To train qualified international business specialists, capable to analyze business environment and processes, to create and manage a business, to implement international business projects, to communicate and negotiate in foreign languages by focusing on the changing international business environment, consumer needs and company’s goals by applying the latest scientific knowledge and socially responsible business principles in national and international markets.
After successful completion the study program, a student:
Knowledge and its application
- will know and understand international business, management, marketing, economic, legal, psychology sociology, philosophy and ethics theories, principles and methods and will be able to apply them for business creation, management and development in national and international market;
- will apply mathematics, statistics and informatics knowledge for solving issues in business
- will carry out applied research, which enables to get to know processes and events occurring in business and its environment and to apply the results for the development of business and for solving concrete problems of international business.
- will be able to establish a company, will plan, organize, manage, control and analyze business processes, allowing to react quickly to the changing global business environment;
- will plan, analyze, evaluate and control international business financial, human and material resources;
- will organize and manage resourcing of goods and raw materials and sales processes;
- will predict international business trends, choose innovative marketing tools and prepare business projects;
- will collect, accumulate and systemize information from various sources as well as manage business data flows using modern information technologies
- will communicate and cooperate with partners and colleagues, discuss and negotiate in multi-cultural space in Lithuanian and foreign languages;
- will work in a team while taking responsibility for his/her own and subordinate employees activity results and quality, will follow principles of social justice, professional ethics and citizenship in professional activities as well as foster ethnocultural and intercultural relations
independently, innovatively and creatively will develop knowledge and skills needed for continuous professional development as well as understand moral and social responsibility for impact of his/her activities results on society, economic and cultural development as well as for well-being and the environment
Activities of teaching and learning:
Active teaching and learning methods are used as well as virtualization of the study process and internationalization. It is intended in the study program for individual subjects topics to be taught by visiting teachers as well as mobility of students and teachers under Erasmus exchange program which ensures the program internationalization. In order to ensure innovative business specialist training, individual subjects topics will be taught by social partners from innovative businesses. The entirety of teaching and learning methods is intended to form general and special skills of professional activity required for independent and creative work of a trained specialist in the fields of international business.
The program aims for students to be actively involved in the study process: lectures seek to create a discussion environment, methods that promote student's initiative and practical activity are used. Abilities and skills are formed while studying theory basics, practicing, doing individual tasks: demonstration, information search, problem solving, situation modeling, problematic teaching, project work, group practicing, mind map, etc.
Methods of assessment of learning achievements:
The continuous assessment takes place over a period of time including the whole semester as well as exam session and the level of attainment reached by each individual student is evident from the composite score IKI = Tkn + Ekn), which is determined by the teacher and depends on the intended learning outcomes, subject content and the nature of assignments. All continuous and/or interim assessments of the subject, exams or any other form of learning outcomes assessment as well as practical tasks and defense of the practice activity (analysis) report are compulsory for students. All subjects final evaluation has intended exam method, provided test and practical tasks, there might be a project preparation and defense. Practice evaluation is ended by submitting and defending a practice report. Stages in the course of studies are assessed by giving the following assignments: practice report, course paper and graduation paper. Learning outcomes of related subjects and the requirements to demonstrate a set of skills and abilities may be included in the practice report and internship assignments.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 31, 2018