Do you have a keen interest in the origins and evolution of economic issues? Are you looking to apply mathematical and statistical techniques to help answer real-life economic questions? Would you like to be able to develop and use your own models to define and explain reality systematically? Are you self-motivated and eager to study with international students?
If so, the International Bachelor Econometrics and Operations Research, with mathematics, statistics and economics at its core, is the programme for you. It enables you to take on complex issues like:
• How will the price of energy and commodities evolve over the coming years?
• How can waiting times in health care be reduced?
• How can we enhance the effectiveness of online advertising by using Big Data?
• How can public transport planning be improved?
Is this the right choice for you?
Does examining the mathematical aspects of economic problems appeal to you? Are original thoughts your forte? Does the challenge of using your own models to systematically define reality sound interesting to you? Are you ambitious, driven and looking to broaden your horizons by working with students from all over the world? Then this is the programme for you.
The following traits will stand you in good stead to be successful in this programme:
• You have an affinity with advanced mathematics (Dutch profiles “NT” or “NG” in combination with mathematics B).
• Economic and business issues fascinate you.
• Studying in English poses no serious problem for you.
• You are interested in working with computers.
• You are as persistent as you are ambitious.
Why study International Bachelor Econometrics and Operations Research in Rotterdam?
Rotterdam is a vibrant, multicultural city that is at the forefront of exciting developments in industry, logistics, science, culture and architecture. It is also the place where modern Econometrics was born at the acclaimed Econometric Institute,
in 1956 by Nobel laureate Jan Tinbergen. With this solid background, the world within reach and every opportunity to kick-off a great career, where else would you want to study but Erasmus School of Economics?
Here you will find:
• A unique combination of theory and practice
• Intensive individual academic support
• Plenty of challenges for excellent students
• An international classroom and cosmopolitan atmosphere
• A vast international business and academic network.
Program taught in: