Official Degree: Degree in Industrial Design Engineering and Product Development
Duration / ECTS: 4 years / 240 ECTS
Places / Campus: 60 / Moncada - Alfara
Taught in: Spanish
- CG1. Ability to analyze and synthesize, making decision-making efficient, for solving problems. The achievement of this competence implies being able to gather analyze and synthesize relevant data, in order to make decisions that involve solving the problems raised or the detection of them, whether theoretical or practical, with the ultimate goal of transmitting the conclusions obtained.
- CG2. Ability to work in interdisciplinary teams, negotiation and consensus. The achievement of this competence implies being able to integrate into organizations and work teams, as well as leading them, being able to negotiate, manage and mediate in the assumption of agreements from the objective of achieving the most just and convenient solution for the proposed purposes; contributing in an assertive and respectful way to the delimitation, planning and development of the proposed objectives.
- CG3. Ability to investigate and relate the different areas of knowledge that come together in professional practice. The achievement of this competence implies the acquisition of a global vision of both problems and solutions, and the possibility and ability to relate diverse knowledge that leads to the most efficient and effective solutions to complex issues. The professionals required in a society like the current one must necessarily assume the complexity of the changes and, therefore, the consideration of the multiple variables that make up the optimal solutions.
- CG4 Self-learning capacity, responsibility of own learning. Commitment to excellence The achievement of this competence implies being able to design a work plan as well as undertake its completion, in the foreseen time, with constancy and flexibility, anticipating and overcoming the difficulties that arise in its development and integrating the modifications that are required in the development process, in a professional and qualified way.
- CG5 Ability to adapt to technological changes. Sensitivity to the need to update knowledge. Adaptation to new situations. The achievement of this competence implies being aware of the current reality and the challenges that arise, assuming changes as a constant, assuming the need for continuous learning throughout life and the necessary adaptation to the professional environment that varies in form fast and constant, and each time this trend will become more patent.
- CG6 Ethical and professional conscience. Active respect, both to people and to the environment. Professional ethics. Attitude to propose sensible solutions to social needs and assess their impact. The achievement of this competence implies having an attitude of seeking the truth from different orders of knowledge, about the human nature and the dignity of the people common to all men and women, with a particular attention to the ethical and moral implications . Respect and awareness in the maintenance of sustainable living conditions, with special emphasis on environmental aspects.
- CG7 Be able to express oneself correctly and effectively both in Spanish and in a foreign language. The achievement of this competence implies being able to develop the necessary skills to function fluently and effectively, both in writing and orally, in the official language, as well as in the English language, since it is the global language, and tendentially, in third and fourth Languages.
- CG8 Have well-founded and rigorous criteria about the current society and culture. The achievement of this competence implies acquiring criteria that allow understanding and valuing current society and culture, based on the rigorous consideration of the present reality and its historical roots, which allow then to participate responsibly in social life.
- CG9 Be able to understand and synthesize complex propositions, with critical sense, in the context in which they are presented. The achievement of this competence implies being able to define, distinguish and relate both the basic concepts and the premises on which the exposition of any argument is constructed, as well as to enunciate and base its content in a synthetic and critical way, in the context? scientific, political, media, organizational, etc.- in which they are presented.
- CE1. Capacity and instrumental ability that brings together knowledge, familiarity and mastery of communication techniques and tools, techniques and systems of visual representation (drawing, advanced and specific computer software, layout and modeling). Acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to transform ideas and abstract concepts into recognizable formations in two and three dimensions.
- CE2. Ability to apply the aesthetic fundamentals of design: color, shape, structure, space, volume. Acquire and apply the knowledge related to the aesthetic-formal bases that intervene in objects or graphic supports to be able to develop products.
- CE3. Ability to decide on the criteria for manufacturing and choosing materials for design problems. Acquire and apply in the design processes the knowledge of the technical features, referred to materials and manufacturing processes, necessary in the development of new industrial products.
- CE4. Ability to apply and integrate multidisciplinary knowledge: history of art and design, theory and methodology of design, human sciences, economics and marketing, product communication, legal aspects, work organization, etc. Acquire and apply balanced and correctly the knowledge related to the various disciplines that intervene in any project process of development of new industrial products.
- CE5 Be able to transmit information, ideas, concepts, solutions adapted to any design problem, through the different visions of the discipline. The achievement of this competence allows adapting the skills and resources acquired to communicate to others both the solutions and the factors that intervene throughout the product development process. The design professional must be able to effectively communicate the aspects related to their proposals.
- CE6. Approach and solution of design problems: analysis of the conditions and definition of criteria, evaluation of uses and functions, ability to find alternative design solutions and evaluate them. The achievement of this competence allows the necessary research to collect and interpret the relevant data for each project of Industrial Design and Development of new Products.
- CE7. Be able to undertake and complete innovative projects in an autonomous, professional and qualified way. The achievement of this competence allows the autonomous development of professional and qualified projects, with a high degree of value and differentiation through the search for innovations.
- CE8. Ability to appreciate aesthetically and creatively. Ability to innovate The achievement of this competence allows to apply and relate the knowledge proper to the discipline, providing the designed products with creativity and innovation.
- CE9. Experimentation capacity The achievement of this competence allows, in a complex context, not to give learned solutions to new problems, but to be able through the acquired skills to experience new solutions to new problems, in a context that is also absolutely new.
- CE10 Ability to project industrial products. Methodological and cultural design skills. The achievement of this competence allows us to assume the challenge of projecting new products, applying the acquired knowledge, and with an autonomous methodological and cultural capacity implicit in the project processes.
- CE11 Capacity for design management and innovation. Integration in business strategies. The achievement of this competence allows to register the professional activity in the business environments in which it will take place, being relevant the ability to integrate the activity with the rest of business activities, with a strong manager component. The design every day more, is a fundamental strategic element for companies, the design professional must be able to integrate and manage their activity by knowing the business dynamics.
- CE12. Provide the student with a competitive and innovative professional profile that integrates the latest design criteria, communication and application. The achievement of this competence allows the student to associate the importance of both a good development of products and their communication in the market.
- CE13. Ability to strategically communicate products as a factor of innovation and contribution and value. Peermite provide the student with theoretical and practical tools to develop creative and communication skills, and strategic analysis skills.
- CE14 Ability to project products, services and applications through digital media. The achievement of this competence allows the student to register his activity of design and product development in the new digital media.
There are different and varied possibilities to practice the profession of designer. On the one hand there is the option of working as an independent designer with his own studio, and on the other, as an integrated designer in a department of a company.
Professional exits depend as much on their own aptitudes and training as on the different opportunities that are presented.
The design has been establishing several fields of action or specialties that also determine the contents of the academic degrees that are taught at the School.
On the one hand, the Industrial or Product Design includes the design of furniture, lighting, transportation, toys, household appliances, packaging, footwear, etc.
Graphic Design deals with the visual communication of messages. It includes the design of brands, logos and posters, the definition of corporate identity of companies, editorial design, packaging, illustration, signage, etc.
The professional profile that defines the training in the School is that of a generalist designer, capable of solving projects in different fields as diverse as those cited and that, therefore, will be prepared to meet a vision of the most global and complete profession.
The professions related to the Degree of Engineering in Industrial Design and Product Development include:
- Products: industrial and strategic
- Industrial sectors: furniture, lighting, textiles, ceramics, technology, automotive.
- Product communication: graphic design and packaging.
That makes us different?
1. A grade to look behind things
Industrial design is the discipline that is responsible for creating and developing the equipment of the world that surrounds us. If you have a restless mind, if you have ever wondered why an object is that way, if you wonder who creates the things around you like your phone, your shoes, your bike or the chair where you are sitting, the answer is here. The industrial designer is in charge of conceiving and shaping the objects that surround the human being, from his car to the fork with which we eat every day.
2. The first University School of Design
The Industrial Design of the Valencian Community has a great national and international prestige. Our "School of Design" was the first to be a university and its long history has allowed us today to have alumni who are outstanding designers all over the world. Many of them work from Valencia creating designs that are sold in the five continents.
3. The professional approach
Our "School" is in close connection with companies as a form of professional springboard for students. And in our classrooms there is a curious mixture: we have very experienced teachers and others who are young alumni, and that is because good mixes give rise to new ideas.
4. The doors of employability
- The plus in Professional Tools: during the degree you will study most of the subjects supported by computer tools of the profession. But not only will you finish the degree knowing how to handle them, you will also take the skills endorsed by means of certificates: Certificate in Product Design Tools (150 hours: Autocad, Rhinoceros3D, VRayRendering, Catia), Graphic Tools Certificate (90 hours: Adobe Photoshop , Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Indesign) and Certificate in Tools for online design and communication (90 hours: Adobe Flash, Wordpress).
- The Portfolio of Projects: we consider it essential that every student that comes to the market carries under his arm his own portfolio of projects, the results of the subjects of projects packaged in a single document that presents them in a much more complete way than a traditional curriculum. In this way the possibilities of obtaining a job multiply, giving a much more faithful image of their abilities and evidencing the high qualification of our students
- "The portfolio, your definitive tool for accessing the labor market"
5. The international dimension
The training of our students seeks the full professional development of the designer, who must be prepared for the international market.
We also offer complementary training in English and Spanish from first to fourth to improve your level of communication in the international arena. Likewise, we offer opportunities to carry out national and international practices.
About the School
Somos una Universidad católica, pionera en el desarrollo de proyectos educativos innovadores. Estamos orientados a ayudar a las personas que aprenden con nosotros a entender la disciplina que estudian ... Read More