Fanshawe's four-year Honors Bachelor of Commerce (Management) Degree program will give you a well-rounded education focused on effective business management. Through our business management degree program, you will acquire a strong grasp of business fundamentals in the classroom and building on that knowledge through both hands-on experience and mentoring. The bachelor of management program focuses on in-demand concepts such as sustainable business practices and effective ethical leadership from the local, national and global perspectives. You'll graduate with a wide range of employment opportunities. Available in a traditional in-class format with a September admission.
Graduating with a business management degree
A requirement for graduation is the completion of a paid Co-operative Education work term. This process combines your studies with paid, related work experience. Fanshawe will be there to help you find the right business fit for your dream. You'll have access to consultants who will deliver classes, counsel and advise you as you move from the classroom to the real business world.
Upon graduation from this business management degree, you may be eligible to complete a Master's Degree program at many other post-secondary institutions or complement your degree with a graduate certificate offered at Fanshawe College. Students currently enrolled in the Business diploma program or the Business Administration-Leadership and Management advanced diploma program may be eligible to receive advanced standing in this degree program.
Fanshawe's bachelor of management degree is accredited by the Canadian Institute of Management. When you graduate you'll be well on your way to meeting the requirements for the Certified in Management (CIM) professional designation.
OSSD with courses from the University (U) or University/College (M) stream with:
- Grade 12 English (U)
(Note: minimum final grade required is 65)
- Mathematics one of:
- Grade 12 Advanced Functions (U)
- Grade 12 Calculus and Vectors (U)
- Grade 12 Mathematics of Data Management (U)
(Note: minimum final grade required is 65)
- Plus four additional Grade 12 University (U) or University/College (M) courses
- A final minimum average of 65.0% based on the highest six Grade 12 University (U) or University/College (M) courses
Mature Applicant with standing in the required courses and grades stated above
Post-Secondary Standing* (if applicable)
English Language Requirements
Applicants whose first language is not English will be required to demonstrate proficiency in English by one of the following methods:
- A Grade 12 College Stream or University Stream English credit from an Ontario Secondary School, or equivalent, depending on the program's Admission Requirements.
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) test with a minimum score of 560 for the paper-based test (PBT), or 84 for the Internet-based test (iBT), with test results within the last two years.
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) Academic test with an overall score of 6.5 with no score less than 6.0 in any of the four bands, with test results within the last two years.
- Canadian Academic English Language (CAEL) test with an overall score of 70, with test results within the last two years.
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE) with a minimum score of 59, with test results within the last two years.
- A Cambridge English Test (FCE/CAE/CPE) with an overall score on the Cambridge English Scale of 176 with no language skill less than 169, with test results within the last two years.
- An English Language Evaluation (ELE) at Fanshawe College with a minimum score of 75% in all sections of the test, with test results within the last two years.
- Fanshawe College ESL4/GAP5 students: Minimum grade of 80% in ESL4/GAP5 Level 9 or 75% in ESL4/GAP5 Level 10.
Recommended Personal Preparation
- Students are encouraged to strengthen their critical thinking, problem-solving and time management skills prior to entering the program.
- Applicants with a Fanshawe College Diploma in Business with a minimum GPA of 3.5 can apply to Level 4 of the Honours Bachelor of Commerce (Management) Degree.
- Applicants with a Fanshawe College Advanced Diploma in Business Administration - Leadership and Management with a minimum GPA of 3.0 can apply to Level 6 of the Honours Bachelor of Commerce (Management) Degree.
- Applicants applying for individual course credits from Canadian universities must provide a detailed course content of theory and laboratory exercises (if appropriate).
- International applicants may apply for course credit achieved at the post-secondary level. The detailed course content of theory and laboratory exercises from the international institution must be included with a transcript as part of the request (official documents provided to the Office of the Registrar in a sealed envelope). If the translation of the documents into English is necessary this must be performed by a recognized service.
- Based on the guidelines established by the Postsecondary Quality Assessment Board for Honours Degree Programs, credits for advanced standing cannot exceed 50% of the program's total.
Applicant Selection CriteriaWhere the number of eligible applicants exceeds the available spaces in the program, the Applicant Selection Criteria will be:
- Preference for Permanent Residents of Ontario.
- Receipt of Application by February 1st (After this date, Fanshawe College will consider applicants on a first-come, first-served basis until the program is full).
- Achievement in the Admission Requirements.
- Achievement in Post-Secondary Studies* (if applicable).
*Applicants currently enrolled in a university or who have previously attended university or other post-secondary institutions and are applying to transfer into the Honours Bachelor of Commerce (Management) program are considered on the basis of their post-secondary standing. Specifically, applicants currently enrolled in a university or who have previously attended university must maintain a minimum average of 65.0% on the last ten full credit or full credit equivalent courses in order to be considered for admission. Applicants with less than ten full credit courses must maintain a minimum average of 65.0% on all courses in order to be considered for admission. Applicants applying from a community college must have successfully completed a diploma program with an overall GPA of 2.5 in their program. In addition, all students applying from university or college must have completed the pre-requisite courses in Mathematics and English as stated in the Admission Requirements.
Graduates will thrive in management and leadership roles across a variety of sectors, including public organizations, small, medium and large enterprises, family businesses and entrepreneurs.
About the School
Fanshawe College is a large, publicly-funded College located in London, Ontario, Canada – approximately a two-hour drive from Toronto and Niagara Falls. There are 21,000 full-time students, including ... Read More