The Diploma in 2D and 3D Animation in Barcelona establishes the processes of creation, development and construction of the world of cartoons and animation through a professional environment perspective.
As a student you will immerse yourself in a program so that you develop the necessary skills to enter the labor market. You will learn different processes and animation techniques offering you a completely transversal starting point that will allow you to orientate yourself towards different specialties such as videogames, 3D animation and 2D animation.
You will be involved in an educational environment of the first level, learning from great professors of the main disciplines of animation, who actively work in the world of animation, involving you in 100% real projects and immersing yourself in the tendencies of animation.
You will have the opportunity to participate in workshops, workshops, master classes and specialized events in the world of animation to raise your creative and technical capacity to its maximum exponent.
- Qualification: Higher Diploma of the San Jorge University.
- Credits: 180 ECTS
- Hours: 9:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Monday to Friday
- Duration: 3 years
- Modality: On-site in Barcelona
- Admissions: Baccalaureate or equivalent.
- Class period: October to June.
- Face-to-face training.
- 100% practical guidance.
- Teaching team formed by active professionals.
- Practices in studios or production companies.
- Small groups in classrooms with graphic tablets.
As a student, you will acquire the skills and technical skills to be able to carry out professional 2D and 3D animation projects. You will work and define your criteria of graphic and conceptual development, building your own style and personality. You will work both preproduction and production as postproduction so that you internalize the work processes employed in professional studies.
The University Diploma in 2D and 3D Animation is specially designed for those who, after finishing high school or a medium or higher degree, seek to expand your artistic training in a specialized way.
The Diploma is also designed for students of graphic design, fine arts, illustration or even for independent professionals who want to guide your career towards the world of animation.
The program is structured in 3 academic years during which you will tackle in depth the main disciplines within 2D and 3D animation: production, 2D animation, 3D animation, character design, digital modeling, composition, rigging, lighting, editing, sound. .
In each course you will complete the equivalent of 60 ECTS credits (for a total of 180 ECTS credits) and once you have passed, you will obtain the University Diploma in 2D and 3D Animation awarded by the San Jorge University.
History and bases of animation.
- History of animation
- Development and principles of artistic drawing.
- Principles of traditional animation.
- Software and 3D tool.
Principles of animation.
- History of animation II.
- Art drawing for animation.
- Principles of 2D animation. TVPaint and flash.
- Principles of 3D animation. Maya.
- Generalist 3D module, digital modeling.
Development of animation
- Analysis of the animation.
- Anatomical drawing
- Digital animation in 2D.
- 3d animation. Body mechanics
- Generalist 3D module. Modeling in Zbrush.
- Design of edition and postproduction.
Processes for animation.
- Conceptual illustration
- Adobe Premiere. Edition.
- Generalist 3D module. Rigging
- 3d animation.
- 2D animation.
Style for animation.
- Character design.
- Concept Art.
- Advanced 3D animation.
- Advanced digital 2D animation.
- Generalist 3D module. Draft.
Composition for animation.
- Acting for animation
- Adobe After Effects. Editing and postproduction
- Generalist 3D module. VFX
- 3d animation. Acting.
- 2D animation. Acting.
* Technical English: annual subject.
- Production for animation.
- 3d animation. Development of plans.
- 2D animation. Development of plans.
- Storyboard. TVPaint.
- Graphic Bible.
Preproduction in animation.
- Direction in animation.
- Creation of characters.
- Animation design
- Animation of the final project.
- Sound editing.
- Composition and edition.
- Personal brand.