Engineering in Natural Resources and Environment is an interdisciplinary career that deals with the impact of human activities on natural and anthropic systems.
In the subjects of the first three years, training in basic sciences and technologies such as biology, chemistry, mathematics, physics, ecology, edaphology, economics, sociology, climatology and hydrology, among others, is emphasized. In this stage, knowledge and skills are acquired that will be later used by the subjects corresponding to the cycle of applied technologies, in fourth and fifth year. In these years, students prepare themselves in a theoretical and practical way to solve environmental problems, manage natural resources in an integrated manner, as well as design and carry out a research project in a subject of their own choosing (degree thesis).Snapwire / Pexels
Among the professional activities of the Engineer in Natural Resources and Environment, we can mention:
- Conduct diagnostic studies and inventories related to natural resources and the environment.
- Conduct and evaluate environmental impact studies caused by human activities and natural phenomena.
- Advise and monitor the environmental impact of different productive and extractive practices on the use of natural resources.
- Plan, design, program, direct, implement, manage, advise, optimize and evaluate the use and sustainable development of natural resources and the environment.
- Elaborate, interpret and implement policies and legal regulations that regulate the use, preservation, conservation and use of natural resources and the environment Perform arbitrations and expert reports that imply determinations about the use and the damages that could be caused to natural resources and the environment.
- Conduct environmental audits
- Plan, implement, direct and evaluate the restoration and rehabilitation of degraded ecosystems.
- Conduct studies, manage and control watersheds for the optimization of environmental management.
- Schedule, evaluate, direct and execute plans and programs of research and / or environmental extension with criteria of sustainability of natural resources and the environment.
- Schedule, organize, evaluate, direct and execute the implementation and use of protected natural areas.
About the School
La Universidad Nacional de La Pampa, con sede principal en la ciudad de Santa Rosa, provincia de La Pampa, es una entidad de derecho público, autónoma y autárquica, que tiene como fines interpretar la ... Read More