Do you want to be on the front line of Sport Management?
At Universidad Europea you can develop a broad business vision and understanding of the international sports industry. A high-quality, multidisciplinary, and versatile program with an international vision.
- A degree with enormous employability possibilities worldwide.
- Agreements with universities and top companies for exchanges and internships both nationally and internationally.
We’ll prepare you to develop a successful professional career
- Start date: September 10, 2020
- Duration: 4 years
- Study type: Face-to-face
- ECTS: 240
- Language: English
Why study this program?
- 89% Employability. 89% of our students are employed in less than 12 months after completing their studies
- 30000 Square meters. Top-class sports facilities to suit your needs, whatever sport you play
- 100% International Experience. A rigorous international program to be a global professional.
The admission process for degree degrees at Universidad Europea is open throughout the year, although enrollment in any of the degrees is subject to the existence of places.
After deciding to apply, you must provide the required documentation:
- Academic Record
- Two photocopies of your ID.
- File Transfer Rates.
- Proof of payment of Admission Fee before or on the date of the appointment.
The undergraduate admissions team will contact you to arrange a time for the entrance exams corresponding to the degree of your interest. The exams include:
- Evaluation test of skills and abilities.
- Language assessment test.
- Motivational survey.
At the end of this program, the student will receive the official degree of Global Degree in Sports Management issued by Universidad Europea de Madrid.
- Theory and history of contemporary sports
- Sociology and deontology of sports
- Communication skills
- Business economics
- Consumer behavior
- Financial Accounting I
- Financial Accounting II
- Analysis of economic-sports environments
- Basic foundations of sports teams
- Basic foundations of aquatic activities
- Sports law
- Managerial skills for the sports business
- Design and planning of sport areas
- Analysis of financial operations
- The industry of sport
- Modern Language
- Cost accounting
- Basic foundations of individual sports
- Basic foundations of outdoor activities
- Human resource management
- Sports policy
- Management of aquatic facilities
- Analysis of accounting statements
- Golf course management
- Fitness and wellness: sport for health
- Technical management in sports entities
- Business law
- Internship I
- University activities
- Internship II
- Final project: business plan
- Sales management and techniques
- Corporate finance
- SME accounting
- Quality control and customer service in the field of sports
- Strategic management
- Commercialization and marketing for sport and leisure
- Large event and sporting venue management
- Leisure and non-conventional venue management
Internships are a key element in your education. Acquiring experience after what you have learned in your degree is the best way to enter the labor market. There are two types of internships, curricular (included in your program) and extracurricular (which you can do voluntarily).
To complete the curricular internships, you’ll need to have 50% of the credits approved and enroll on the subject before starting your internship. Time spent at sports companies and organizations is monitored by the company and the internship leader, as well as the preparation of interim and final reports for evaluation.
If you want to improve your professional experience before completing your university education, you can do extracurricular internships. You can do them in any academic year but we remind you that they need to complement your studies. The more knowledge you have acquired throughout the program, the more you will get out of the experience.
The student completes a total of 18 ECTS (450 hours) of internships throughout the program at companies linked to the field of business in sports, physical activity, and leisure. Some of the entities are:
- Spanish Olympic Committee
- Madrid Town Hall
- Spanish Tennis Federation
- Madrid Trophy Promotion (Caja Mágica)
- Jim Mclean (Golf Banco de Santander)
- INGESPORT -GO FIT
- Virgin Active
- Manolo Santana Sports Club
Why study the Global Bachelor in Sports Management at UE?
Be at the front line of sport management
Put yourself on the front line and develop your management skills and competencies within the sports sector.
In addition, you’ll have access to professionals, content, and exclusive events at Escuela Universitaria Real Madrid – which has some of the best sports postgraduate courses in the world.
You’ll be able to make the most of the latest technology related to Big Data, which allows you to have key information for decision making or the most advanced software for simulating projects related to economic impact analysis.
You’ll also benefit from our premier sports facilities where you can see for yourself how a cutting-edge sports center works.
Contact with top sports strategists in the world
Carry out internships at top institutions such as the Spanish Olympic Committee, Mutua Madrid Open, the Spanish Tennis Federation, Holmes Place, Sanitas, or the Spanish Football Association (Asociación de Futbolistas Españoles).
We have agreements with football clubs, large fitness chains such as Go Fit, sports or adventure tourism companies, and public administrations. In addition, from the first year you are connected to the professional sector as a member of the Association of Sports Managers of Madrid.
Global program: 100% international
Expand your professional horizons and live an international experience. You will study a rigorous program to become a global professional:
- 1st year: EASM Summer School (Madrid): A great opportunity to gain new knowledge and experience in the field of international sport and to attend talks and presentations given by international experts. In addition, you can exchange experiences with other students in Sports Management from around the world.
- 2nd year: An immersion week in England within the sports industry (visits to sports facilities, clubs, sporting events) that allows you to see the management of various types of events first-hand.
- 3rd year: An immersion week in the United States within the sports industry (visit to sports facilities, clubs, sports events, NBA, MLS, NHL) allowing you to see first-hand the management in different types of events.
- 4th year: A whole year of international experience including internships. You can choose from several top universities in the United States and you’ll also be connected to the professional world from day one.
At Universidad Europea, we have international agreements with top universities in the world of sport management, such as Victoria University (Australia), University of California Irvine, Western Carolina University and University of Cincinnati (USA), Bishop University (Canada), Kendal College, Kent University o Cardiff Metropolitan University (UK).
- Professional clubs, sports federations or sport event companies
- Communication and marketing companies in the sports sector.
- National and multinational operators in the fitness-wellness, leisure, or active tourism sector.
- Companies that manage and operate: public facilities and services in town halls, schools, golf courses and clubs, watersport clubs.
- Resorts and hotel complexes offering sports facilities or services.
- Public sports administrations - local, autonomous, and state.
About the School
To provide our students with a comprehensive education, educating leaders and professionals who are prepared to respond to the needs of a global world, to contribute value in their professions and to ... Read More