⚡️ Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
We have temporarily adapted programmes to virtual learning classrooms, so that all the scheduled training and support can take place online. Programmes will start in October 2020 and, if required, in virtual learning rooms and then change to on-campus learning.
The bachelor's degree in Fashion Design at Macromedia University means combining the flair of France with the creativity of Berlin. Our partner, Atelier Chardon Savard, was founded in 1988 in Paris and is one of the top fashion design schools in France.
Through this partnership, we bring the Fashion Design programme to Berlin, the fashion capital that stands out with its unique quirky style, experimentation and entrepreneurial spirit.
Visit our website to get the brochure and learn more about our Fashion Design (B.A.) programme.
Contents of the Fahion Design (B.A.) programme
During the Fashion Design programme, theoretical knowledge is combined with in-depth practical experience through real-life projects, teamwork and one-on-one support that will will prepare you for a brilliant career in fashion design. Our carefully coordinated modules include:
- Contemporary trends in fashion
- Textile technology
- Creative tailoring
- Digital design
- Machining techniques
- Fashion illustration
- Fashion design
- Digital communication
- Fashion marketing
During your studies, you will also develop your own collection which you can present to the public at the annual fashion show. This is the perfect opportunity to hone your personal style and get a taste of what it is like to be a designer.
Students on this B.A. programme are awarded the following bachelor's degree:
- Bachelor of Arts in Fashion Design
Future career opportunities
Past graduates of the fashion academy, work today for top brands of the fashion world, for instance, Jean Paul Gaultier, Kenzo, Paco Rabanne and Louis Vuitton.
After graduation from the B.A. in Fashion Design, you will also be ready to make your mark in the fashion world with your refined craft, hands-on skills and professional attitude, with possible roles including:
- Designer in a variety of fashion companies, labels or publishers
- Art director at design and photo agencies
- Artist or Illustrator for magazines and publishers
- Stylist or costume designer for film, television or theatre productions
- Trend scout for media, art and design companies
- Independent fashion designer or fashion entrepreneur
Admission requirements are as follows:
- Recognised secondary school leaving certificate
- English language proficiency certificate
- TOEFL (at least 72 out of 120)
- IELTS (at least 6 out of 9)
- CV (curriculum vitae)
- Letter of motivation
- Artistic portfolio and creative tasks
- Personal interview (optional)
4,100 € per semester
One-off registration fee
- 500 € (EU students)
- 750 € (Non EU students)
About the School
Choosing a university is a decision of a lifetime. It's the place where you lay the foundation for your future career network and where you discover your chosen area of work and start to mould your pr ... Read More