Through the courses, students are expected to learn basic theories, fundamental professional knowledge and practical skills of fashion design as well as understand the concept of design and learn the design methods. The programme emphasizes on the firm combination of theory and practice, merging the courses with international design trends to help students have a good command of the correct way of fashion design. Moreover, it focuses on training the conceptualization of design and innovation thinking to enable graduates to become high-ranking professionals in fashion design wit ha global vision, strong design consciousness, and market competitiveness.
- With broad humanities knowledge and artistic cultural foundation
- With various abilities of fashion design, clothing structure design, fashion accessory design and garment-making
- Master the knowledge of fashion history, fashion trends and social psychology with strong aesthetic judgment capability
- Master the basic theories and practical skills relating to fashion designers such as Fashion illustration, fashion color, pattern design, fabric printing and dying and photography
- Have the capabilities of fashion advertising design and merchandise display design
- Have the basic abilities of apparel production, operation management, and market trend forecasting
About the School
Located in Shanghai, Donghua University is composed of the Yan’an Road Campus at the downtown area and the Songjiang Campus at the historical cradle of the city.