This program offers students the opportunity to attend college in Spain at one of the best-known colleges in the US (CIS-Endicott International) while playing soccer on a professional level.
The Elite Soccer University Program is a joint endeavor that brings together higher education and high-performance soccer training.
The Elite Soccer University Program is designed for students from around the world who wish to pursue their studies at a reputable American college, while simultaneously participating in high-performance soccer training that is focused on the overall academic and professional athletic improvement of the student.
The program runs for two periods from October to May of each academic year.
Both enthusiastic male and female students are encouraged to participate in our program to develop their soccer ability while studying.
Upon completion of the Elite Soccer University Program, the student will have taken part in a high-performance soccer training program while honing his or her athletic abilities through participation in our unique program.
Students will have acquired new aptitudes and knowledge that will permit them to progress developmentally toward competing for full-time on a professional level.
The student will receive a certificate in recognition of his or her participation in the program during the first two years of college prior to potentially transferring to any American college or university in the world to complete the final two years of his or her undergraduate degree, or continue at CIS-Endicott international in Madrid if they are majoring in Business Management.
Participating students study for an Associate’s Degree (official undergraduate degree in the US) in either Business, Communication, or Liberal Studies.
Upon completion of their first two years in Madrid, students can:
- Finish their studies at Endicott College in Massachusetts, or at any other American university or college in the world to obtain their four-year Bachelor’s Degree in the area of their choosing (Sports Management, International Relations, Marketing/Communication, Liberal Studies, etc).
- Finish their four-year Bachelor’s Degree at CIS-Endicott Madrid majoring in Bussiness Management.
Participating students will receive daily, high-performance soccer training led by coaches with official Royal Spanish Football Federation (or UEFA) qualifications, at one of the best sports facilities in Madrid.
The program will feature:
- High-performance daily training sessions.
- Participation in competitions and tournaments with professional leagues in Madrid.
- Advice and management of sports and academic curriculum to facilitate the application process for sports scholarships in the US.
Elite Soccer University Program mission and objectives:
- To offer a high-level sports experience based on the Spanish training model.
- To provide training and elite competition in order to raise players’ standards and highlight talent, depending on individual skill level, to be able to demonstrate the ability to professional soccer clubs, and/or university-level soccer programs in the US.
- To offer the possibility of earning an American Associate’s Degree in Madrid.
- To facilitate a path that will allow student-athletes to improve their skills, which allows them to continue their university studies with the help of a scholarship to a college or university in the US.
- To provide a foundation and structure for student-athletes that will enable them to develop their ability, and build a standout sports CV.
What is included?
- Undergraduate studies in Business, Communication, or Liberal Studies.
- High-performance training on a daily basis.
- Participation in tournaments and competitions.
- Continuous evaluation and follow-up monitoring.
- Access to tryouts with the best Spanish teams.
- Scouting support after graduation (letters of recommendation, resume, participation certificates, etc.).
- Transcript processing and guidance in applying for scholarships at any American college or university in the world.
The admissions process at CIS is very personalized. We closely examine the application in order to get a true sense of the person behind the document, and we fully consider the personal profile, characteristics, interests, and objectives of all aspiring CIS students.
The admissions process consists of five phases:
- Initial contact for information via telephone, email or in person.
- Personal interview.
- Two entrance exams:
- Mathematics Placement Test.
- English Level Test: For non-native speakers, this allows us to determine if you speak, read, and write English well enough to effectively study at CIS. For native speakers, this helps us to see how you think and write.
- Each student must provide the following documentation:
- Completed application form (either using our online form, by traditional mail or in person)
- Official High School transcripts.
- Letter of recommendation (you can use the form included below if needed).
- An ID photo.
- Copy of ID or Passport.
- Application fee (100 €).
- Should you be admitted, you will receive an acceptance letter from CIS. At that point, you will begin to create your personalized academic program with our Academic Dean.
Upon being admitted to CIS, non-EU students must obtain a student visa in order to stay in Spain during the first two years of the program. The requirements will vary depending on nationality. Students should consult their local Spanish Consulate, and obtain information relevant to their specific situation. CIS provides non-EU students who are admitted with documentation that is necessary to help them to obtain a student visa.
Application Fee: 100€ (Non-Refundable)
(Required with the application form)
- Fall/Spring: 1.300€ (Non-Refundable)
- Summer*: 650€ (Non-Refundable)
*When attending our summer sessions.
- Fall: 7.397€ 12–15 credits
- Spring: 7.397€ 12–15 credits
- Summer: 3.458€ 6 credits
- Additional credit: 586€ –
Books and Supplies
- Fall: 340€
- Spring: 340€
- Summer: 204€
Tuition Fees may be updated each academic year.
Program taught in: