Early Childhood Education Primary Education
OFFICIAL DEGREE: Double Degree in Early Childhood Education Primary Education
DURATION / ECTS: 5 years / 312 ECTS
PLACES / CAMPUS: 80 / Moncada - Alfara; 80 / Elche; 80 / Castellón
TAUGHT IN: Spanish
- Know the essential foundations of the human person and to establish the dignity of the person.
- Know and assimilate the anthropological foundations, which support the great principles of educational work, especially those based on the Christian message.
- Analysis and synthesis of social realities and currents of thought that affect the historical evolution of humanity, which are based on the Christian message.
- Know the guidelines that Christian anthropology offers for social issues, and especially for everything related to family and education.
- Analyze the complex world of social relationships that condition the destiny of man, trying to give a meaning to the existence and the mystery that surrounds Humanity.
- Analyze the different proposals and solutions that are given to the social issue, emphasizing the social perspective of the Magisterium.
- Critical awareness of the existence of a transcendence and its experience in the religious event.
- Systematic knowledge of the religious fact in different cultures, as well as its social, ethical and cultural influence.
- Awareness of and respect towards the religions of other cultures.
- Ability to identify and understand the meaning of religious language as a way of expressing the ineffable.
- Critical awareness of the inextricable relationship between a belief and its praxis.
- Knowledge of the centrality of the figure of Jesus Christ in the message and Christian morality.
- Detailed knowledge of the essential contents of the Christian Faith.
- Know the value of the Christian family as a support for educational processes and as an area of excellence for harmonious growth.
- Know the anthropological foundations of the educational task.
- Know the objectives, curricular contents and evaluation criteria of Early Childhood Education.
- Promote and facilitate learning in early childhood, from a globalizing and integrating perspective of the different cognitive, emotional, psychomotor and volitional dimensions.
- Design and regulate learning spaces in contexts of diversity that address the unique educational needs of students, gender equality, equity and respect for human rights.
- Promote coexistence in the classroom and beyond and address the peaceful resolution of conflicts. Know how to systematically observe learning and coexistence contexts and know how to reflect on them.
- Reflect in a group about the acceptance of norms and respect for others. Promote the autonomy and uniqueness of each student as factors of education of emotions, feelings and values in early childhood.
- Know the evolution of language in early childhood, know how to identify possible dysfunctions and ensure their correct evolution. Effectively address situations of language learning in multicultural and multilingual contexts. Express yourself orally and in writing and master the use of different expression techniques.
- Know the educational implications of information and communication technologies and, in particular, television in early childhood.
- Know foundations of children's dietetics and hygiene. Know foundations of early attention and the foundations and developments that allow understanding the psychological processes, learning and personality construction in early childhood.
- To know the organization of the schools of infantile education and the diversity of actions that comprises their operation. Assume that the exercise of the teaching function has to be perfected and adapted to scientific, pedagogical and social changes throughout life.
- Act as counselor of parents in relation to family education in the period 0-6 and master social skills in the treatment and relationship with the family of each student and with all families.
- Reflect on classroom practices to innovate and improve teaching. Acquire habits and skills for autonomous and cooperative learning and promote it in students.
- Understand the role, possibilities and limits of education in today's society and the fundamental competences that affect early childhood schools and their professionals. Know models of quality improvement with application to educational centers.
- Understand the educational and learning processes in period 0-6, in the family, social and school context.
- To know the developments of the evolutionary psychology of childhood in periods 0-3 and 3-6.
- Know the basics of early attention.
- Recognize the identity of the stage and its cognitive, psychomotor, communicative, social, affective characteristics.
- Knowing how to promote the acquisition of habits around autonomy, freedom, curiosity, observation, experimentation, imitation, the acceptance of norms and limits, the symbolic and heuristic game.
- Know the pedagogical dimension of interaction with peers and adults and know how to promote participation in collective activities, cooperative work and individual effort.
- Identify learning difficulties, cognitive dysfunctions and those related to attention.
- Know how to inform other professional specialists to address the collaboration of the center and the teacher in the attention to the special educational needs that arise.
- Acquire resources to favor the educational integration of students with difficulties.
- Create and maintain communication links with families to effectively influence the educational process.
- Know and know how to exercise the functions of tutor and counselor in relation to family education.
- Promote and collaborate in actions inside and outside the school, organized by families, town councils and other institutions with an impact on citizen education.
- Analyze and critically incorporate the most relevant issues of current society that affect family and school education: social and educational impact of audiovisual languages and screens; changes in gender and intergenerational relationships; multiculturalism and interculturality; discrimination and social inclusion and sustainable development.
- Know the historical evolution of the family, the different types of families, lifestyles and education in the family context.
- Know the basic principles of healthy development and behavior.
- Identify disorders in sleep, nutrition, psychomotor development, attention and auditory and visual perception.
- Collaborate with specialized professionals to solve these disorders.
- Detect affective, nutritional and welfare deficiencies that disturb the students' adequate physical and psychic development.
- Understand that the daily dynamics in early childhood education is changing depending on each student, group and situation, and know how to be flexible in the exercise of the teaching function.
- Assess the importance of stability and regularity in the school environment, schedules and moods of teachers as factors that contribute to the harmonious and comprehensive progress of students.
- Know how to work as a team with other professionals inside and outside the center in the care of each student, as well as in the planning of learning sequences and in the organization of work situations in the classroom and in the game space, identifying the peculiarities of period 0-3 and period 3-6.
- Address the needs of students and convey security, tranquility and affection.
- Understand that systematic observation is a basic instrument to be able to reflect on practice and reality, as well as contribute to innovation and improvement in early childhood education.
- Domine observations and register's tecnics.
- Address field analysis using observational methodology using information, documentation and audiovisual technologies.
- Know how to analyze the data obtained, critically understand the reality and prepare a report of conclusions.
- Place the nursery school in the Spanish educational system, in the European and international context.
- Learn about international experiences and examples of innovative practices in early childhood education.
- Appreciate the importance of teamwork.
- Participate in the development and monitoring of educational projects for early childhood education within the framework of center projects and in collaboration with the territory and with other professionals and social agents.
- Know the legislation that regulates nursery schools and their organization.
- Value the personal relationship with each student and their family as a quality factor in education.
- Know the scientific, mathematical and technological foundations of the curriculum of this stage as well as the theories about the acquisition and development of the corresponding learning.
- Know didactic strategies to develop numerical representations and spatial, geometric and logical development notions.
- Understand mathematics as sociocultural knowledge.
- Know the scientific methodology and promote scientific thinking and experimentation.
- Acquire knowledge about the evolution of thought, customs, beliefs and social and political movements throughout history.
- Know the most outstanding moments in the history of science and technology and its importance.
- To elaborate didactic proposals in relation with the interaction science, technique, society and sustainable development.
- Promote interest and respect for the natural, social and cultural environment through appropriate educational projects.
- Promote initiation experiences in information and communication technologies.
- Know the language and literacy curriculum of this stage as well as the theories about the acquisition and development of the corresponding learning.
- Encourage speech and writing skills.
- Know and master oral and written expression techniques.
- Know the oral tradition and folklore.
- Understand the passage from orality to writing and know the different registers and uses of the language.
- Know the learning process of reading and writing and its teaching.
- Addressing situations of language learning in multilingual contexts.
- Recognize and value the proper use of verbal and non-verbal language.
- Know and use appropriately resources for the animation of reading and writing.
- Acquire literary training and especially learn about children's literature.
- Be able to foster a first approach to a foreign language.
- Express yourself, orally and in writing in a foreign language.
- Know the fundamentals of music, plastic and body language of the curriculum of this stage as well as theories on the acquisition and development of the corresponding learning.
- Know and use songs to promote auditory, rhythmic and vocal education.
- Know how to use the game as a teaching resource, as well as design learning activities based on playful principles.
- Develop teaching proposals that promote musical perception and expression, motor skills, drawing and creativity.
- To analyze the audiovisual languages and their educational implications.
- Promote sensitivity to artistic expression and artistic creation.
- Acquire a practical knowledge of the classroom and the management of it.
- Know and apply the processes of interaction and communication in the classroom, as well as master the skills and social skills necessary to foster a climate that facilitates learning and coexistence.
- Control and monitor the educational process and, in particular, teaching and learning by mastering the necessary techniques and strategies.
- Relate theory and practice with the reality of the classroom and the center.
- Participate in the teaching activity and learn to know how to do, acting and reflecting from practice.
- Participate in the proposals for improvement in the different areas of action that can be established in a center.
- To regulate the interaction and communication processes in groups of students from 0-3 years and from 3-6 years.
- Know ways of collaboration with the different sectors of the educational community and the social environment.
Degree in Early Childhood Education
The profession for which the qualification qualifies is Teacher in Infantile Education. In addition, the degree in Early Childhood Education can develop its activity in the following areas:
- Teacher public and private centers: Early Childhood Education
- Official (Children's Education Teachers): National; Autonomic; Local; International organizations; Diplomatic career
- Qualified staff of museums and cultural centers: Educational management; Maintenance of fixed and renewable funds; Temporary exhibitions; Personalized and group guide; Creation and maintenance of exchange channels; Preparation of inventories and creation of catalogs; Cultural intermediation
- Cultural services agent: Design of products, facilities and cultural services; Intercultural mediation and international cooperation; Animation and cultural diffusion; Audiovisual sector; Curator of exhibitions; Intervention in the rehabilitation and restoration of heritage
- City councils and civic entities: Cultural and educational revitalization; Organization of projects and citizen events and recreational activities
- Investigator; Superior Council of Scientific Investigations; Culture Ministry; Universities; Foundations
Degree in elementary education
The profession for which the qualification qualifies is Teacher in Primary Education.
The degree in Primary Education can develop its activity in the following areas:
- Teacher in private and private schools: Primary Education
- Access to the Teachers' Corps of the public system: Primary Education
- Research staff: Universities; Foundations; Culture Ministry; Superior Council of Scientific Investigations
- City councils and civic entities: Cultural and educational revitalization; Organization of projects and recreational activities
- Agent of cultural services: Animation and cultural diffusion
- Qualified staff of museums and cultural centers: Educational management; Personalized and group guide
- Other cultural centers: Ludotecas; Farms Schools; Holiday centers
That makes us different?
1. The 5 pathways of employability: Master's Comprehensive Employability Plan
To be a teacher in the Valencian Community, several accreditations are required. Our bet is that the student of Education of the CEU -UCH finishes the degree in the 4th year with those accreditations also in his power. And of course, without paying more. So that its employability is maximum from minute zero that leaves the university:
- Training in English: you will finish the degree with the qualification that enables you to teach any subject in English.
- Training in Valencian: you will obtain at the end of the degree the qualification that enables you to teach any subject in this language.
- Title for the teaching of the Catholic Religion: to teach catholic religion. Something that most employers require, whether public or private.
- Preparation for Oppositions: In addition, in 4th year, we offer you advanced training in techniques of preparation of oppositions.
- Transversal Competence Accreditation: formative support in techniques to improve your employability conditions and your capacity for entrepreneurship. And we credit you at the end of the degree to enrich your curriculum.
2. Direct contact with the profession
Because we understand that in order to become a good teacher you must be in contact with the best professionals first:
- Many of our teachers are outstanding active teachers who work innovating in educational centers.
- And the subjects that are developed in the degree are completed with direct training in schools and institutes, with workshops and seminars that are physically developed in these centers.
3. Recognition of credits
If you have completed a higher cycle of Vocational Training you can have an important credit validation. For more information about these credits validations and recognitions you can check the CFGS equivalence table or ask for a personalized interview.
On the other hand, also the graduates in Physical Activity and Sports Sciences can access our Education degrees in advantageous conditions regarding the credits to be completed in the degree.
4. The international dimension
- Language: free complementary training in English to improve your level.
- International exchanges: with our Erasmus coordinated program with mobility in several European countries, so you can study a semester or course in another country.
- Practices outside Spain: in educational centers in the United Kingdom, Poland, Ireland ...
- Practices in bilingual schools: bilingual and British centers of the Valencian Community.
5. Double degrees of the specialist in double degrees
You can study at the same time two university courses with compatible schedules, with all the classrooms in the same facilities and, of course, without paying twice as much. So are the double degrees of the University specialist in double degrees.
CEU.es/estudios/doble-grado/educacion-infantil-primaria">http: //www.uch CEU .es / estudios / doble-grado / educación-infantil-primaria
Program taught in: