The first two years
For the academic year starting September 2017, you can choose whether to start the first two years of the program at our ESSEC France, ESSEC Asia-Pacific (Singapore), ESSEC Atlantic-Africa (Morocco) or ESSEC Africa-Indian Ocean (Mauritius) campus! What's even better, is that there is a possibility of mixing these campuses, during your curriculum.
Courses are taught entirely in English on the Mauritius and the Asia-Pacific campus, entirely in French on the Atlantic-Africa campus and in English or in French on the France campus, and cover the same subject matter with a strong focus on the geographical environment.
- Acquire knowledge in all the fundamentals of management such as marketing, finance, economics, law, productive behaviour etc.;
- Open up your international horizons with courses on geopolitics, international trade, etc.;
- Become truly multilingual by learning 3 languages: French and English are compulsory foreign languages for non-native speakers.
Carry out summer internships anywhere in the world and gain varied and valuable experience for both your personal and career development.
- a 3-month internship gives you a real first taste of company life and an operational experience in a junior-level position
- a 1-month humanitarian or social work project gives you hands-on field experience and opens you up to new challenges and way of thinking
The International Business Education Alliance "IBEA" is an academic program in joint cooperation between ESSEC and 3 prestigious partner universities:
- University of Mannheim, Germany
- Fundacao Getulio Vargas - Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- University of South Carolina, USA
At the end of the 1st year, students from each school can apply to be part of the IBEA program. Students admitted in the IBEA-track that started in Singapore or Morocco can choose to do their first semester of the second year in both Cergy and Singapore. The second semester of the second year will be back at the campus where they started. At the end of the 2nd year, admitted students will spend one semester at each of our partner schools. This is the perfect opportunity to spend time at some of the most prestigious business schools around the world, meet and interact with people from all different backgrounds and nationalities, study in several environments and by the time you obtain your degree, you will have the truly international profile sought after by employers.
After the first two years
Whichever campus you choose to begin your studies, all students, except from IBEA track, come together in France at the beginning of the 3rd year, to choose to continue the program in one of three tracks, all of which focus on providing you with opportunities for more international exposure and professional experience.
You have hundreds of electives to choose from so whether you wish to stay an all-rounder and test and try many different fields or whether you may prefer to specialise in one chosen area, you will be able to do so. Examples of courses and seminars include: Management, Marketing Accounting, Economics, Human Resources, Information Systems, Financial Mathematics, Business Law, Operations, Entrepreneurship, Statistics, etc.
Whatever track you choose to follow, you will do a university exchange abroad. This will not only open you up culturally to a new country, way of life, way of thinking etc. but will also improve your linguistic skills as the choice is often linked to the foreign languages you learned in the 1st cycle.
This unforgettable experience will contribute to making you a more open and flexible manager, able to work in multicultural and multilingual teams and companies.
The good news is that you are not limited to 1 or 2 possibilities for your exchange but potentially have to choose from the 136 Global BBA partners. Whatever your personal interests and links, whatever your future career goals, you are sure to find the right exchange for you!
Complete your first longer internship to really have an advantage in the workplace as a young graduate.
- the final 6-month decision-making internship will see you take on a position with greater responsibilities where you can dedicate yourself to concrete projects
- You can also choose a 2-year apprenticeship contract, which means that you will be employed by a company and alternate between study and work
In addition to acting as a powerful career booster, the apprenticeship is an attractive financing solution as interns and apprentices are paid a salary and with apprenticeships, the company also covers the 2 years’ tuition.
Where our alumni are now
44% enter the job market
- 88% of students find a job within 4 months of graduation
- 70% work in an international environment
- Average starting salary of €37,000
- Major sectors where our graduates work: ICT, Luxury, Audit & Consulting, Business & Distribution, Food Processing, and Finance.
- Their principal job functions are spread out as such:
52% pursue a Master's degree
- At ESSEC in the MSc in Management or the Advanced Master’s programmes
- Or in the most prestigious universities worldwide i.e. London Business School, London School of Economics, Bocconi University, ESADE Business School, HSG St Gallen, Stanford University, University of Sydney, etc.
4% create their own companies
ESSEC Ventures and Antropia business incubators on the French campuses house start-ups and provide support in terms of coaching and resources.
Our alumni with entrepreneurial talents include:
- Corinne Vigreux, Class of 1987, Founder of “Tom-Tom”
- Patrick Dalsace, Class of 1999, Creator of “La Fourchette”
- Nicolas Wolfovski, Class of 2009, Creator of “La Fabrique du Sur-Mesure”
- Louis Bataille and Guillaume Caffin, Class of 2011, Creators of “Les Deux Gourmands”
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 26, 2017