- Official title: Graduated in Civil Engineering and Graduated in Engineering of Mining and Energy Technology
- Branch of knowledge: Engineering and Architecture
- Center: Higher Polytechnic School of Ávila
- Spanish Language
- Regulated profession: Industrial Technical Engineer
- Duration: 5.5 academic courses
- ECTS credits: 336
- Places of new entry 2019-20: 15 places (7 places of Civil Engineering and 8 of Ing. Tecn. Minas y Ener.)
The Double Degree in Civil Engineering / Technology Engineering of Mines and Energy is an "institutional program of double degree", regulated by the Regulations on Double Degrees and Simultaneity of Official Teachings of the USAL (Governing Council of 29/2/2011 ), was approved by the Government Council of the USAL of 28/3/2012 and has been implemented in the 2013-14 academic year.
This double degree comes from the Degree in Civil Engineering and the Degree in Engineering of the Technology of Mines and Energy that, after passing both verification processes, began to be taught at the USAL in the 2010-11 USAL year. It works as a specific curriculum (with specific code and a certain number of places offered annually), consists of a total of 336 ECTS, distributed over 11 semesters (5.5 academic years), at a rate of 60 credits. First, second, third and fourth courses, 63 credits in the fifth year and 33 credits in the first semester of the sixth year.
The equivalence between the subjects of the Degree in Civil Engineering and the subjects of the joint management (Table 1) and the equivalence between the subjects of the Degree in Engineering of the Technology of Mines and Energy and the subjects of the joint management (Table 2) show that with the curriculum of this double degree all the competences of each of the two Degrees involved are achieved.
This double degree qualifies for the exercise of the regulated profession of Technical Engineer of Public Works (Order CIN / 307/2009) and of the regulated profession of Technical Engineer of Mines (Order CIN / 306/2009).
The Academic Guide 2014-15 of this Double Degree is structured in two parts, one with general information (schedules, faculty, exams, etc.) and another with the teaching planning of each of the subjects.
The objectives and general and specific competences of this double degree are those of the Degree in Civil Engineering and those of the Degree in Engineering of Mining and Energy Technology of the USAL .
The recommended income profile is the Technological one. The specific profile recommended is the following:
- Interest in Mathematics and Physics and ease of calculation.
- Computer skills.
- Analisis and synthesis capacity.
- Practical sense of organization and method.
- Spatial vision and attention to detail and good manual skills.
- Ease to understand and elaborate abstract models from particular aspects.
- Concern for new technologies and permanent interest to update.
- Creative and innovative capacity before the evolution of technological advances.
- Interest in research
- Ability to work as a team
- Knowledge of a second language (English).
According to the above, the itineraries that are most suitable are those that provide a solid formation in basic scientific subjects, for which the origin of the Baccalaureate in the modality of Technology is recommended and, as a second alternative, in the modality of Sciences of the Nature and Health
Or the origin of the following Higher Level Training Cycles: Automotive; Metallic Constructions; Development of Urban Projects and Topographic Operations; Development and application of construction projects; Energy Efficiency and Thermal Solar Energy; Maintenance of Thermal and Fluid Installations; Making and work plans.
- DC. of the Earth and environment
- Technical Drawing II
- Electrical engineering
- Mathematics II
- Industrial Technology II
Access, Pre-registration, Admission and Registration
1. Routes and access requirements for new students:
They will be able to initiate their university studies of degree in this double degree those people who have surpassed the following studies or tests:
a) Be in possession of the bachelor's degree or equivalent and pass the entrance exams to the university (PAU).
b) Higher grade professional training cycle. On conformity with the expressed in the article. 10 and transitional provision 1 of RD 777/1998, of April 30 (BOE of May 8), students from Vocational Training with the title of Specialist Technician have the same direct access as those who are in possession of the title of Technician Higher.
Of the Higher Degree Training Cycles that allow access to university studies include for the Degree in Civil Engineering and the Degree in Engineering of Mining Technology and Energy the recognitions collected below (approved by the Government Council of the USAL on 10/25/2011):
Recognition of ECTS of the Higher Degree Training Cycles (CFGS) to the Degree in Engineering of Mining and Energy Technology:
- CFGS Automotive: 25,5 ECTS
- CFGS Maintenance of Thermal and Fluid Installations: 27 ECTS
- CFGS Energy Efficiency and Solar Thermal Energy: 27 ECTS
- CFGS Metallic Constructions: 24 ECTS
- CFGS Development and Application of construction projects: 30 ECTS
Recognition of ECTS of the Higher Degree Training Cycles (CFGS) to the Degree in Civil Engineering:
- CFGS Realization and construction plans: 36 ECTS
- CFGS Development of Urban Projects and Topographic Operations: 48 ECTS
- CFGS Development and Application of construction projects: 48 ECTS
c) University graduates or equivalent.
d) Proof of access to the university for over 25 years.
e) COU prior to the 1974/75 course, maturity tests of the pre-university course, baccalaureate in plans prior to 1953.
2. Access criteria from the Degree studies:
The Dual Degree Curriculum can be accessed, in addition to new students, students who are studying any of the courses in the Civil Engineering Degrees or in the Technology of Mining and Energy Technology, so that if a student of these degrees I would like to access the Double Degree would apply the criteria of recognition of credits proposed by the COTRARET (Commission of Transfer and Recognition of Credits of each of the official titles of the USAL ) and on which the Curriculum is based of this Joint Organization, so that the credits and subjects of the double degree equivalent to the subjects that were approved in the Degree were recognized.
3. Minimum number of European tuition credits per student and academic period
At present, the minimum number of credits in which students must enroll when they start the degree is 60 ECTS (Article 8 of Decree 48/2008, of June 26, of the Ministry of Education of the Regional Government of Castilla y León. However, in order to facilitate that the Degree can be cured on a part-time basis, it is proposed that the number of ECTS of enrollment per student and class period be at least 30, as long as the students request it, the Teaching Commission of the School will decide to what students grant it.
For students who continue their studies, the number of ECTS to enroll is free, with a maximum of 72 ECTS.
4. Rules of permanence
To overcome the double degree of Degrees in Civil Engineering and Engineering of Mining and Energy Technology, the student has 22 permanency units, considering that a permanency unit corresponds to one semester for a full-time student and two semesters for a student with part-time dedication.
Academic and Professional Exits
Once you finish the Double Degree in Civil Engineering - Engineering of Mining and Energy Technology, we suggest you study one of the following University Master's degrees at the USAL , if you opt for a greater specialization:
- Cartographic Geotechnologies in Engineering and Architecture
- Earth Sciences: Environmental and Applied Geology
- Advanced Analysis of Multivariate Data and Big Data
- Nuclear physics
- Physics and Technology of Lasers
- Intelligent Systems
- ESO and Baccalaureate Teacher, Vocational Training and Language Teaching
The degree of Graduate in Civil Engineering prepares, to those who attend it, for the exercise of the profession of Technical Engineer of Public Works. The degree of Graduate in Technology Engineering in Mining and Energy prepares those who study it for the exercise of the profession of Technical Mining Engineer.
The basic norm to determine the scope of professional performance of Technical Engineers is Law 12/1986, of April 1, modified by Law 33/1992, of December 9. Said law establishes, as a basic criterion, that "Technical Engineers shall have full powers and powers in the exercise of the profession, within the scope of their respective technical specialty" (Article 2.1). This principle is developed in art. 2º, whose section 1 indicates that correspond to the Technical Engineers, within their specialty, the following:
- Professional attributions:
- The drafting and signing of projects whose purpose is the construction, reform, conservation, demolition, manufacture, installation, assembly or exploitation of movable or immovable property, in their respective cases, both principally and as an accessory, provided that they are included in their nature and characteristics in the technique of each degree.
- The direction of the activities object of the projects referred to in the previous section, even when the projects had been prepared by a third party.
- The realization of measurements, calculations, valuations, appraisals, surveys, studies and reports.
- The exercise of teaching in its various degrees in the cases and terms provided in the corresponding regulations.
- The direction of all kinds of industries or operations and the exercise in general with respect to them, of the activities referred to in the previous sections.
- Scope of Action:
Its scope of action is very diverse and its field of action very broad. The Technical Engineer of Public Works and the Technical Engineer of Mines can work for their own account (individual liberal profession or associate entrepreneur) or for others in the:
- Public Sector (City Councils, Provincial Councils, Autonomous Communities, Autonomous Organizations, Central Administration, Public Teaching Centers (Secondary Education and University), Public and Mixed Companies.
- Private sector: Companies of all kinds, mainly, construction companies, mining companies, energy companies and related, Teaching Centers (Secondary Education and University).
About the School
The University of Salamanca (Spanish: Universidad de Salamanca) is a Spanish higher education institution, located in the town of Salamanca, west of Madrid, in the autonomous community of Castile and ... Read More