We train professionals with complementary skills to work in the energy and mining sectors, designing, planning and directing mining operations and power generation and distribution plants.
If you are interested in learning to
- Design, plan and direct mining operations.
- Perform geotechnical studies applied to mining, construction and civil works.
- Design, operate and maintain plants for the preparation and treatment of minerals, industrial rocks, ornamental rocks and waste.
- Design, operate, maintain and manage energy facilities.
- Develop energy plans and policies. Audit and optimize the energy and economic consumption of an installation, sector or region.
- Manufacture, transport and use explosives and pyrotechnics
What we offer you
- Practices agreements for all students.
- Great tradition in the training of Engineers.
- Specialization in a multidisciplinary sector with many employment opportunities.
- Training available in very few centers in Spain.
- Specialization in a very versatile profession.
- National and international mobility programs (Germany, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Slovakia, United States, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Peru, Poland, United Kingdom, Czech Republic, Russia, Taiwan, Turkey and Vietnam).
High degree of labor insertion in a wide range of professional activities.
- Extraction and use of ornamental and industrial rocks, mineral resources, oil, gas and water.
- Civil works and underground works: tunnels, caverns, subway, etc.
- Manufacture, storage and use of explosives and pyrotechnics.
- Design of energy facilities: energy generation, renewable energy, energy transport, heating and air conditioning, industrial processes.
- Management of equipment and activities in companies in the oil and gas sector.
- Management of manufacturing, transport and use of explosives plants
- Teaching in ESO, Baccalaureate and Vocational Training.
What advantages does a double degree have?
The University of León offers students the possibility of training in two complementary fields and obtaining two complete Bachelor Degrees, through the institutional itinerary of double degree. The Higher and Technical School of Mining Engineers of the University of León, with more than 65 years of experience in training related to Mining Engineering, has the satisfaction of being a pioneer in the proposal of double degree: Degree in Mining Engineering - Degree in Energy Engineering
This new offer allows the student to obtain two degrees, after passing 5 courses and 301.5 ECTS, which include all the theoretical and practical training that the student must acquire to obtain the knowledge and skills necessary to perform in the professional fields of the Mining and Energy