We train law professionals, both theoretically and in practice, to enable the graduate to practice the professions to which the degree gives him access and for his subsequent specialization, providing him with critical judgment, social responsibility and autonomous work capacity and as a team for issues related to law
If you are interested in learning to
- Interpret legal conflicts, analyze them, identify their causes and propose solutions.
- Apply legal knowledge to the exercise of professional activities for which the Title is prepared.
- Develop attitudes of leadership, initiative and teamwork.
- Apply conflict resolution, negotiation and mediation techniques.
What we offer you
- Highly qualified teachers.
- Training oriented to professional practice.
- Internship agreements with more than one hundred companies and institutions in the province.
- National and international mobility programs (Germany, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Slovenia, United States, France, Hungary, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Mexico, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Taiwan and Vietnam).
Employment in the various Public Administrations such as judges, prosecutors, state lawyers, notaries, inspectors, registrars, lawyers of the Administration of Justice • Free exercise of the profession (lawyer, attorney) • Administration and management of companies • Legal, labor advice and fiscal • Insurance brokerage • Mediation and conflict resolution.
General and specific skills that students must acquire during their studies, and that are required to grant the degree.
I. Generic Competences:
Possess a significant knowledge of the elements, structure, resources, interpretation and application of the legal system.
Apply legal knowledge to the exercise of professional activities for which the Degree in Law qualifies or prepares.
Demonstrate a satisfactory degree of information literacy (ALFIL).
Possess synthesis ability. Make critical analyzes of legal conflicts, forming and issuing scientific, social or ethical judgments sufficiently grounded.
Being able to transmit legal information, ideas, conflicting approaches and possible solutions in a clear, precise and informed way.
Demonstrate learning skills necessary to undertake further studies with a high degree of autonomy.
Being able to organize and plan the work.
Develop attitudes of teamwork.
Know and interpret fundamental rights, in particular equality between women and men. Resolve legal conflicts by applying these rights and the basic principles of the legal system.
Incorporate in the sectors of the legal system in which the principle of universal accessibility and design is possible; and integrate it into the professional and scientific uses of the field of law.
Apply the democratic values and values of a culture of peace to the interpretation and application of the law.
In any case, the mechanisms are guaranteed so that all teaching and teaching activities of the plan are carried out with scrupulous respect for fundamental rights, equality between men and women, non-discrimination and accessibility of persons with disabilities, their own values of a culture of peace and democratic values.
Access and admission of students
Access to the Official Bachelor University Teaching of the University of León as well as its admission procedures are regulated by Royal Decree 1892/2008, as amended and by the agreements reached by the Interuniversity Commission of Castilla y León.