We train qualified professionals to practice the profession of Primary Education Teacher as a regulated profession, providing them with a practical knowledge of the classroom and its management so that they are able to regulate the processes of interaction and communication in groups of students aged 6-12 years .
If you are interested in learning to
- Know the curricular areas of Primary Education, the interdisciplinary relationship between them, the evaluation criteria and the body of didactic knowledge around the teaching and learning processes of this stage.
- Design, plan and evaluate teaching and learning processes.
- Design and regulate learning spaces in contexts of diversity.
- Effectively address language learning situations in multicultural and multilingual contexts.
- Design and regulate learning spaces in contexts of diversity and that attend to gender equality, equity and respect for human rights that conform the values of citizen education.
- Promote coexistence in the classroom and outside it.
What we offer you
- Internships in schools.
- Adequate infrastructure for teaching and learning.
- Qualified teachers committed to learning.
- National and international mobility programs (Germany, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, United States, France, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Peru, Poland, Portugal, United Kingdom, Romania, Russia, Sweden, Taiwan and Vietnam).
- Public educational centers (previous opposition).
- Educational centers arranged and private by employment contract.
RD 1393/2007 establishes, in Annex I, section 3.2., The generic or transversal competences that the student who has completed a Degree must have acquired:
That students have demonstrated to possess and understand knowledge in an area of study that starts from the base of general secondary education, and is usually found at a level that, although supported by advanced textbooks, also includes some aspects that imply knowledge coming from the vanguard of his field of study.
That students know how to apply their knowledge to their work or vocation in a professional manner and possess the skills that are usually demonstrated through the elaboration and defense of arguments and the resolution of problems within their area of study.
That students have the ability to gather and interpret relevant data (usually within their area of study) to make judgments that include a reflection on relevant social, scientific or ethical issues.
That students can transmit information, ideas, problems and solutions to a specialized and non-specialized public.
That the students have developed those learning skills necessary to undertake further studies with a high degree of autonomy.
Access and admission of students
The access to the Official University Teaching of the University of León as well as its admission procedures, are regulated by Royal Decree 1892/2008, in its modifications and by the agreements reached by the Interuniversity Commission of Castilla y León