We train professionals capable of carrying out the tasks of management, advice and evaluation of economic matters, both in the private and public spheres, contributing to the proper functioning of economic systems and improving the well-being of citizens.
If you are interested in learning to
- Understand the knowledge of the subjects of Economics at the level of advanced texts.
- Apply this knowledge to any field related to the Economy.
- Contribute to the proper management of the allocation of economic resources both in the private and public spheres.
- Evaluate the consequences of the application of the different economic policy measures and select the best ones, given the objectives pursued.
- Write economic management projects at international, national or regional level.
What we offer you
- Training with a broad base that facilitates the understanding of economic problems in all their dimensions.
- Qualified and committed teachers.
- Wide range of optional subjects.
- Possibility of making up to 18 credits of internships in companies or entities.
- Curriculum appropriate to opposition agendas.
- National and international mobility programs (Germany, Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Bulgaria, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Denmark, United States, Slovenia, France, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Peru, Portugal, Russia, Taiwan, Turkey and Vietnam).
- Medium and higher responsibility tasks in financial institutions, insurance companies, SMEs and multinational companies.
- Consulting and business advice.
- Financial, stock or commercial analyst activities.
- Works in services of studies of public and private entities.
- Qualified positions at different levels of Public Administration and international institutions and organizations.
- Teaching both university and secondary education.
Basic competences (RD 1393/2007. Annex 1, Section 3.2)
Demonstrate that he possesses and understands his own knowledge of economics matters at the level of advanced textbooks, including also some aspects that imply knowledge coming from the forefront in the economic field.
Apply previous knowledge to your work in any field related to economics. In this sense, you must be able to elaborate and defend arguments, as well as solve problems in the specified area of study.
Collect and interpret relevant data on all economic areas, as well as issue reasoned judgments on relevant scientific, social or ethical issues, based on such data.
Ability to transmit information, ideas, problems and solutions in each of the areas that make up the economy, both professionals of the same level as managers or administrators (public or private) who demand their services, whether or not they have training economical
Develop the learning skills necessary to undertake postgraduate studies with a high degree of autonomy.
Learn to look for information, to select it, to make critical analyzes, to rework it, to communicate it and make ethical use of it, in the field of economics.
Achieve, through the application of critical thinking, ideological tolerance and methodological and intellectual pluralism.
Understand that in the development of their professional activity, respect for fundamental and equal rights between men and women, respect and promotion of human rights and the principles of universal accessibility must be present, as well as respecting the values of a culture of peace and democratic values.
Access and admission of students
Access to the Official Bachelor University Teaching of the University of León as well as its admission procedures are regulated by Royal Decree 1892/2008, as amended and by the agreements reached by the Interuniversity Commission of Castilla y León.