In the current international tourist landscape, the concern for sustainability, the growing competition between destinations and the demand for quality at a reasonable price are confluent challenges in an environment that is in itself changing, in continuous transformation and, in some cases, unstable.
Given this paradigm, The Ostelea School of Tourism and Hospitality offers a new Degree in Tourism and Leisure with mention in Leisure Management. This is an official qualification that is developed around the international approach, where travel is not understood only as the mere fact of traveling or tourism intermediation and marketing, but, on the contrary, corresponds to all the activities and actors involved in the tourism sector manifested through travel. Likewise, the Degree in Tourism and Leisure with mention in Leisure Management understands leisure as the consumption of tourism that is reflected transversally in all the elements of the tourism system.
The main objective of this degree is to train professionals capable of successfully managing and developing their tourism career from any functional area, companies and businesses dedicated mainly to the planning and management of international tourism and leisure destinations and products.
For this, The Ostelea School of Tourism and Hospitality offers extensive training in tourism companies, resources, products, destinations and international tourism management tools, with the aim that our students acquire a strategic and global vision in any of the professional opportunities for which this course has been designed for.
Reasons for studying a Degree in Tourism and Leisure with mention in Leisure Management
Thought to train managers
This training offer is designed for the development of skills that will be demanded in the business sector by future managers. In this degree, the knowledge and skills for those who wish to inspire other people to increase their productivity will be enhanced. From management workshops and workshops, cycles with sector executives and development of business projects, the managerial skills of their students will be enhanced.
University Degree + Master (4 + 1)
At The Ostelea School of Tourism and Hospitality we are an international training reference and this Degree in Tourism and Leisure with mention in Leisure Management fits within the levels of the most advanced training systems in the world. Students will undergo 5 academic courses (with the option of taking a master's degree), thus achieving the official degree + Master's degree specialization in the chosen area.
This Degree is fully bilingual Spanish / English, with more than 70% of the subjects taught in the English language. As it is a bilingual training offer, a minimum level of B2 is required to be able to follow the classes taught in the English language. 75% of the students of our School of Tourism are international and more than 50% of our faculty has international professional experience.
Additionally, at Ostelea we offer our students a completely free interactive online English course, designed by professionals and bearing the Grupo Planeta seal. The student can carry out and follow this course autonomously and voluntarily throughout the academic year. This English course consists of four levels: Elementary, Intermediate, Lower Intermediate and Upper intermediate.
Also, our students have at their disposal the interactive platform My English Grammar Lab by Pearson, a platform created by the prestigious international publisher Pearson. In this way, the monitoring of language learning is totally personalized to each of our students.
Practices Within the Degree
Undergraduate students will have the opportunity to carry out (compulsory) internships during each of the 4 courses of this training offer. Ostelea enables you to gain experience within companies that are a reference in the tourism and leisure sector and that allows you to improve your experience and professional CV that will make a difference when competing in the world of work. Today Ostelea collaborates with more than 2,000 companies in the Tourism and Hospitality sector, some world leaders such as Hilton, American Express or Lonely Planet.
Training objectives of the curricular practices
- At Ostelea, the curricular practices aim to ensure that the student manages to consolidate and apply the knowledge and skills reviewed during the course.
- These compulsory practices require a Training Project and a co-tutor in the company where they are carried out. In addition, they will be supervised by an academic tutor and comprise up to 30 ECTS credits throughout the 4-year duration of the Degree (6 credits in the first, second and third year, and the remaining 12 credits in the fourth year).
Ostelea Boosts International Mobility
As of the 3rd academic year, Ostelea offers its students the opportunity to carry out one or two semesters at one of the international universities that form the network of academic partners of our institution.
Currently these are the mobility programs that students of the Degree in Tourism and Leisure with mention in Leisure Management can take:
- The Erasmus program: this program provides an excellent opportunity for students of our Degree to stay at other universities during their training period. These stays can be of a quarter or two semesters, and are in higher education institutions of the European Union and other associated countries. At Ostelea we are aware of the importance of these programs and that is why we have mobility agreements with a number of renowned European universities. Furthermore, this program is compatible with grants for Erasmus scholarships from the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports, with Ajuts MOBINT grants (AGAUR, Generalitat de Catalunya), with travel grants from the University of Lleida, and with the Formula Bank Scholarships. Santander.
- The Erasmus Internship Program: This program offers an Erasmus scholarship to carry out an academic internship at an institution or company in another country of the European Union, Macedonia and Turkey. It should be borne in mind that the Erasmus Practices program can only be made compatible with the mobility grants from the UdL.
- The UdL Mobility Program: in case the student prefers to carry out their academic stay outside Europe, this program will allow mobility with universities from countries outside of Europe such as Mexico, the United States, Canada or Chile, among others. This program is compatible with grants for Erasmus scholarships from the Ministry of Education, Culture and Sports, with Ajuts MOBINT grants (AGAUR, Generalitat de Catalunya), with travel grants from the University of Lleida, with grants for solidarity mobility travel of the UdL, and with the Formula Scholarships of Banco Santander and Iberoamerican Scholarships of Banco de Santander. In Ostelea we encourage our students to take advantage of the opportunity to study abroad. For our center, student mobility is a fundamental element for the following reasons:
- Training and broader training offer to enrich the academic experience of the Degree.
- Improving adaptability to new situations and reinforcing networking between tourism professionals and business management.
- Personal enrichment and improvement of knowledge of different cultural realities.
Below we list the mobility programs within Spain to which our students of the Degree in Tourism and Leisure with mention in Leisure Management will have access:
- The SICUE program: a national program inspired by the Erasmus experience to facilitate the Exchange System between Spanish universities. The SICUE program enables exchanges between students from different universities in Spain.
- The DRAC Program: the DRAC program on the other hand has as its main objective the empowerment of the mobility of the university community of the institutions that form the Xarxa Vives d'Universitats –universities of Catalonia, Valencian Community and the Balearic Islands, in addition to the University of Andorra and some higher education centers in southern France.
- The Stella Program: the Stella program of the Group of Universities of Compostela allows the student to carry out internships at other universities within and outside of Spanish territory.
International and National Mobility in Ostelea: How it Works
The Ostelea School of Tourism and Hospitality has a Director of International Projects, who plays a very important role in the mobility of our students. The International Project Director will be in charge of guiding students when choosing destination and subjects, as well as managing agreements between educational centers. In Ostelea we evaluate the mobility of the degree as a whole in three-year cycles, placing greater emphasis on the international , taking into account both academic and training aspects, the satisfaction of our students, teachers and the academic or business counterpart.
Our center values all those aspects related to administrative management (before and after the completion of the stay and special attention will be paid to credit recognition mechanisms).
Who will be able to participate in our mobility programs?
The mobility programs that Ostelea offers to its students of the Degree in Tourism and Leisure with mention in Leisure Management can be carried out by students from the third academic year.The current regulations of the UdL in this regard allow their realization if the academic nature of the Practice requires it, academic practice during the summer or other vacation periods.
The International Projects Directorate, coordinated with the PDI responsible for the center's practices and in constant collaboration with the International Relations Office of the University of Lleida, will regulate and manage all the agreements with foreign universities to effectively manage the entire operation.
In the same way, the same body will be in charge of carrying out the procedures with companies and institutions in other countries and will be in charge of managing both the internships and, if necessary, the mobility scholarship program chosen by the student of our academic center. .
Below we detail the procedure stipulated for the international mobility of Ostelea related to the practices of the Degree in Tourism and Leisure with mention in Leisure Management: at the beginning of the academic year our center will publish the list of internship places to which our students can opt, as well as the universities, companies and foreign institutions available.
Ostelea will also add the place, the training objectives of the practice, its duration, the responsible tutor, the form of evaluation and all those elements that are relevant for the students. In the event that this practice is carried out outside the school period, the student must contract supplementary insurance if necessary. The documentation detailed below must be delivered to the International Projects Directorate of our School of Tourism in the period that it will establish to designate the beneficiaries of the places:
- Application form granted by Ostelea
- Curriculum Vitae of the candidate
- Motivation letter
- 2 color passport photos
- Photocopy of the passport
Once the candidate has submitted the required documentation, it will be sent to the destination university or educational center and it will decide in accordance with its protocols to award it to one or the other candidate within the period stipulated by the destination center. In cases, it is mandatory that there is an Educational Agreement between Ostelea and the university center, company or foreign institution that offers a place to carry out an internship, which will follow the model established by the Office of Management of External Academic Practices of the UdL.
It should be mentioned that sometimes these practices could be carried out under the auspices of the Erasmus specific program for practices, and consequently the form of their organization could vary from this general model.
Tourism Skill Development Program in Our Degree in Tourism and Leisure
Ostelea is proud to offer this exclusive program for its students, developed together with many of the most innovative organizations on the market. The Tourism Skill Development Program aims to strengthen students' competencies and skills in different aspects such as managerial and leadership skills, coaching, emotional and speaking intelligence, non-verbal language, improvisation management, stress management through yoga skills etc.
Ostelea's Innovative Methodology and Pedagogy
Year after year Ostelea's programs have been recognized by National and International Rankings, in part for the effective methodology of our programs. The educational experience in our Degree in Tourism and Leisure with a mention in Business Management and Tourist Destinations refers to the teaching methodologies detailed below:
Case method, to evaluate real situations, analyze various scenarios and balance the advantages and challenges of different decisions that professionals in the sector must make on a daily basis.
A learning process focused on challenges and problems, in order to deepen the student's capacity for analysis. Likewise, the student must learn to manage complicated situations and increase their capacity for innovation until they find their solution.
Project development, to promote holistic thinking and knowledge and use of interdisciplinary analysis techniques.
Transversal Project, to apply knowledge of all the subjects of an academic year in an organization, company, tourism or leisure event or destination.
Business Game, in order to put into practice the skills learned through the use of a tourist services simulator in a real competitive context.
Guide and Tutoring in Our Degree
The exercise that characterizes the beginning of the course of our Degree is the Welcome days, an activity that is carried out before the beginning of the academic year and whose main objective is the easy integration of students into our School of Tourism, providing them with the tools and activities necessary to study in Ostelea.
In the Welcome Days of our Degree in Tourism and Leisure with mention in Leisure Management, two essential elements in the academic life of our students will be presented: the study program and the Management team. In addition, the services to be offered from Ostelea and the operation of the school will also be explained.
In this context, the Tutorial Action Plan is presented, developed using as a reference the Néstor Program of the University of Lleida. The Plan seeks to achieve the following objectives:
- That the students feel assisted at all times through the support to the most complete students.
- Tools for adaptation to the university environment.
- Offer excellent guidance and attention to the student, be it academic, personal or professional.
- Stimulate relationships between students as a fantastic complement to education.
- Promote the improvement of academic quality.
- Being a benchmark in achieving the personal and professional training project.
In this context, both individual and group tutorials, workshops and non-curricular workshops will be held during the academic year.
Skills that the Degree in Tourism and Leisure will bring you
Respond to the Demand
Our Degree offers you a wide range of capacities and aptitudes that respond to the ascending request of experts that the tourism and leisure sector is looking for. Through innovation-based training you will be able to work in any of the different functional branches of the dedicated companies, as well as in public entities and global organizations specialized in this sector.
Actual Training Training Expert Professionals
Experts that cover both the demanded requirements on business management and the management of collective characteristics and, specifically, the good use of cultural and natural assets of the tourism sector.
Internalize and raise awareness
On the social, personal, economic and territorial importance of issues related to leisure and tourism.
Equalize the Diffusion of Knowledge
On the role and consequences of tourism and leisure developments in an unequal and globalized world like today.
The Degree in Tourism and Leisure with mention in Leisure Management is made up of 240 ECTS credits, divided into four years of academic training. The structure of the Degree, as well as its sequencing of contents and academic organization are composed according to the premises that frame Royal Decree 1393/2007, of October 29, which establishes the order of official university education in our country, modified by Royal Decree 861/2010; and the principles and philosophy of the European Higher Education Area, which are legally established in Spain through the Organic Law to Modify the Organic University Law, LOMLOU, of 2007.
Admission to Our Degree
At Ostelea our admission process has as its main objective to guarantee the suitability of the candidates. In this way, students will be able to take advantage of our educational programs.
Access requirements to our Degree in Tourism and Leisure with mention in Business Management and Tourist Destinations:
- Baccalaureate degree or equivalent and having passed the PAU (University Entrance Test)
- Have a title of Higher Technician in Vocational Training, Higher Technician in Plastic Arts and Design or Higher Sports Technician (or equivalent degree)
- Passing the University Entrance Exam for over 25 years
- Passing the University Entrance Exam for over 45 years
- Be over 40 years of age and overcome access through accreditation of work or professional experience
- Have a university degree or equivalent
- Proceed from educational systems of the European Union or other States with which Spain has signed international agreements, meet the academic requirements in their systems of origin to access their universities and have obtained the credential issued by the UNED. It is worth mentioning the new Royal Decree 967/2014 of 21 November, which establishes the requirements and the procedure for the homologation and declaration of equivalence to qualification and official university academic level and for the validation of foreign higher education studies, and the procedure to determine the correspondence to the levels of the Spanish qualifications framework for higher education of the official titles of Architect, Engineer, Bachelor, Technical Architect, Technical Engineer and Diploma
- Proceed from other foreign educational systems, taking into account here the new Royal Decree 967/2014 of November 21, which establishes the requirements and the procedure for the homologation and declaration of equivalence to degree and official university academic level and for the validation of foreign studies of higher education, and the procedure to determine the correspondence to the levels of the Spanish qualifications framework for higher education of the official titles of Architect, Engineer, Bachelor, Technical Architect, Technical Engineer and Diploma
- Have completed partial foreign university studies, or totals that have not obtained the homologation of their degree in Spain
- Other assumptions that may be determined by current legislation
The participant who successfully completes the program will be awarded a TRIPLE DEGREE:
- The title of Degree in Tourism and Leisure from the University of Lleida. (OFFICIAL)
- The Bachelor's Degree in Tourism and Leisure from The Ostelea, School of Tourism & Hospitality. (OWN)
- The Bachelor's Degree in Tourism and Leisure by EAE Business School. (OWN)
About the School
Ostelea is an international university centre, belonging to the Training division of Grupo Planeta, specializing in training professionals in the Hospitality and Tourism sectors with a passion for goo ... Read More