- Official title: Graduated in Early Childhood Education Teacher
- Branch of knowledge: Social and Legal Sciences
- Center: University School of Education and Tourism of Ávila
- Type of teaching: On-site
- Spanish Language
- Regulated profession: Teacher Infant Education
- Duration: 4 academic courses
- ECTS credits: 240
- Places of new entry 2019-20: 70
The Degree in Teacher in Infant Education begins to be taught at the USAL in the 2010-11 USAL year, once the verification process has been passed, and it replaces the Infant Education Teacher Diploma. In 2016, this Degree renewed its accreditation.
This Degree enables you to practice the regulated profession of Teacher of Early Childhood Education, Order ECI / 3854/2007, of December 27, which establishes the requirements for the verification of the official university degrees that qualify for the exercise of the profession of Teacher in Early Childhood Education (BOE 12/19/2007)).
These studies last 4 years (60 ECTS per year to complete 240) and are structured in four modules: basic training in early childhood education (100 ECTS), disciplinary didactic in early childhood education (60 ECTS), elective and mentions (30 ECTS); external internships (44 ECTS) and final thesis (6 ECTS).
The Degree in Teacher in Infant Education by the USAL offers the possibility of taking qualifying mentions (training itineraries) in its three centers. The Faculty of Education offers the itineraries of Special Education; and French Foreign Language. The EU of Education and Tourism of Ávila offers the itineraries of English Foreign Language; Hearing and Language; and Music Education. The EU de Magisterio de Zamora offers the itineraries of German Foreign Language and English Foreign Language.
The internships in early childhood education centers allow students to start in the direct teaching reality and know the pedagogical, organizational and operational aspects of the centers, with the support and under the tutelage of practicing teachers accredited as teacher tutors of practices. The Practicum is guaranteed by the Agreement signed between the Ministry of Education of the Regional Government of Castile and Leon and the USAL to provide the necessary tutors and school centers of practice and by the corresponding agreement with the centers (Order EDU / 641/2012, de July 25, which regulates the implementation of the practices of the subjects of the practicum of university education of Degree in Early Childhood Education and Degree in Primary Education in schools supported by public funds of the Community of Castilla y León that impart these teachings (BOCyL 7/31/2012)).
In the academic year 2011-12, once the favorable report of the ACSUCyL is received, the Adaptation Course for the Degree in Early Childhood Education Teacher begins with the purpose of providing the Specialized Teachers with Early Childhood Education and the Teachers of Basic General Education. Preschool, graduates of the previous ordination, obtain, after passing it, the title of Graduate / a in Teacher of Infantile Education. In the section Adaptation of previous lessons you will find information about it.
The objectives of the Master's Degree Curriculum for Early Childhood Education correspond to those required by Order ECI / 3854/2007, of December 27, which establishes the requirements for the verification of official university degrees that qualify for the exercise of the profession of Teacher in Infantile Education.
- Know the objectives, curricular contents and evaluation criteria of Early Childhood Education.
- Promote and facilitate learning in early childhood, from a globalizing and integrating perspective of the different cognitive, emotional, psychomotor and volitional dimensions.
- Design and regulate learning spaces in contexts of diversity that address the unique educational needs of students, gender equality, equity and respect for human rights.
- Promote coexistence in the classroom and beyond and address the peaceful resolution of conflicts. Know how to systematically observe learning and coexistence contexts and know how to reflect on them.
- Reflect in a group about the acceptance of norms and respect for others. Promote the autonomy and uniqueness of each student as factors of education of emotions, feelings and values in early childhood.
- Know the evolution of language in early childhood, know how to identify possible dysfunctions and ensure their correct evolution. Effectively address situations of language learning in multicultural and multilingual contexts. Express yourself orally and in writing and master the use of different expression techniques.
- Know the educational implications of information and communication technologies and, in particular, television in early childhood.
- Know foundations of children's dietetics and hygiene. Know foundations of early attention and the foundations and developments that allow understanding the psychological processes, learning and personality construction in early childhood.
- To know the organization of the schools of Infantile Education and the diversity of actions that comprises their operation. Assume that the exercise of the teaching function has to be perfected and adapted to scientific, pedagogical and social changes throughout life.
- Act as counselor of parents in relation to family education in the period 0-6 and master social skills in the treatment and relationship with the family of each student and with all families.
- Reflect on classroom practices to innovate and improve teaching. Acquire habits and skills for autonomous and cooperative learning and promote it in students.
- Understand the role, possibilities and limits of education in today's society and the fundamental competences that affect Early Childhood schools and their professionals. Know models of quality improvement with application to educational centers.
Although the objectives of Order ECI / 3854/2007, of December 27 do not include them explicitly, it is understood that, given the profession to which this title is intended, it is necessary to achieve objectives aimed at guaranteeing equal opportunities for people with disabilities, students and teachers, when implementing the official university education of the Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education.
Accordingly, the general objectives should be applied taking into account fundamental rights and equal opportunities for men and women, the principles of equal opportunities and universal accessibility for persons with disabilities, and the values of a culture of peace and of democratic values.
In order to enroll in the Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education, it is necessary to meet the legal requirements for access to university education, but no special tests are required.
A specific income profile is not required for those who are going to begin the studies of this degree, except for their own interest in the teaching profession to which they are directed.
Access, Pre-registration, Admission and Registration
In order to enroll in this Degree, special conditions or tests different from the general ones established by the basic state regulations are not provided.
Students with partial official university studies who wish to be admitted to this degree should consult the requirements in the section "Transfer of file" of the Academic Guide of the degree in this same web.
Academic and Professional Exits
Once you finish the Bachelor's Degree in Early Childhood Education, we suggest you study one of the following University Master's Degrees at the USAL , if you opt for a greater specialization:
- Advanced Studies in Learning Difficulties
- Advanced Studies in Education in the Global Society
- Advanced Studies on Language, Communication and Pathologies
- Research on Disability
- ICT in Education: Analysis and Design of Processes, Resources and Training Practices
- Public Services and Social Policies
- Communication Disorders: Neuroscience of Hearing and Language
- Advanced Analysis of Multivariate Data and Big Data
- Advanced English Studies: Languages and Cultures in Contact
- Advanced Studies in Philosophy
- Logic and Philosophy of Science
- ESO and Baccalaureate Teacher, Vocational Training and Language Teaching
The studies of Degree in Teacher of Infantile Education by the Universidad de Salamanca prepare and train basically for the exercise of the regulated profession of Teacher in Infantile Education. The Organic Law 2/2006, of May 3, of Education, in its article 92, conforms the profession of Teacher in Infantile Education like regulated profession whose exercise requires to be in possession of corresponding official title of Degree, obtained, in this case, in accordance with the provisions of Article 12.9 of the aforementioned Royal Decree 1393/2007, in accordance with the conditions established in the Agreement of the Council of Ministers of December 14, 2007, published in the Official State Gazette of December 21, 2007.
Therefore, the most immediate purpose is the education of the population in the infant stage (from birth to six years) in the educational framework, that is, in public and private schools. This stage is ordered in the current educational system in two cycles: the first up to three years and the second from three to six years of age. And the purpose of Early Childhood Education is to contribute to the physical, emotional, social and intellectual development of boys and girls.
The qualities required for practicing this profession are fundamentally communication and intellectual and methodological skills, as well as a willingness and openness to new learning and educational innovation, especially in the new information and communication technologies. The teacher must be aware of the responsibility in the education of values and of the training that society grants him and demands, as well as his participation in social integration.
The studies of Degree in Teacher of Infantile Education offer the possibility of acquiring competitions in diverse fields: Psychological Knowledge in the education and of the different stages of the infantile development. Pedagogical knowledge of the organization and management of schools. Didactic knowledge of the school curriculum, in general, methods and techniques of specific areas. Skills organization and planning of school work. Knowledge of Communication, linguistic as well as idiomatic or technological.
Notwithstanding the above, there are other areas of professional performance of the Graduates in Early Childhood Education Teacher that include educational projects aimed at children: hospitals, language centers, museums, galleries, publishers, sports centers and clubs, libraries, sectors of tourism, prisons, special education centers (residences, NGOs, speech therapy, deaf people, etc.), day care centers, etc.
The USAL facilitates your professional insertion. Links of interest:
- Professional orientation.
- Training for employment.
- Employment exchange.
- Advice on business creation.
- Practices for students.
- Practices for graduates.
About the School
The University of Salamanca (Spanish: Universidad de Salamanca) is a Spanish higher education institution, located in the town of Salamanca, west of Madrid, in the autonomous community of Castile and ... Read More