We train specialists who can develop teaching and research work in the Hispanic field and in international contexts, also trained to integrate into an expanding labor market such as the so-called language industries, focused on Spanish as an economic asset.
What we offer you
- Internship agreements designed to complement the knowledge acquired in the academic training period (in the University itself or in public institutions).
- Teaching staff with extensive teaching and research experience.
- Infrastructures and technological resources for the development of ICT in the training offer: phonetics laboratory, language laboratory, computer rooms, etc.
- Response to a growing demand for Spanish language and literature teachers in the five continents.
- Solid training aimed at increasing cultural background and valuing diversity and multiculturalism.
- National and international mobility programs (Germany, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, United States, France, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Mexico, Peru, Poland, Portugal, United Kingdom, Czech Republic, Romania, Russia, Switzerland, Taiwan and Vietnam).
Teaching and research in university centers within the various disciplinary fields related to Language and Literature
Teaching in Secondary Education and Baccalaureate
Teaching Spanish as a foreign language and teaching Spanish to immigrants
Editorial advice and correction of texts
Literary and textual criticism
Access to the public function.
- Know and understand the most important concepts, methods and results, both in the synchronic and diachronic perspective, of the different branches or areas of study related to the Spanish Language.
- Apply the theoretical and practical knowledge acquired, as well as the ability to analyze and synthesize, in the elaboration and defense of arguments and in the resolution of problems in the aforementioned field of study. Apply the knowledge and skills indicated in activities or works developed in international contexts, valuing diversity and multiculturalism.
- Collect and interpret relevant information related to the Spanish Language and its literature, draw conclusions and make reasoned judgments of a scientific, social and ethical nature.
- To teach the acquired knowledge related to the linguistic, philological and literary aspects of the Spanish Language, to transmit information, ideas, problems and solutions in this area of study.
- Acquire the ability to study and learn autonomously; work in interdisciplinary teams providing abstraction and critical thinking.
- Acquire the instrumental mastery of the Spanish Language, which allows an effective communication, argumentation and perlocution, both oral and written.
- Possess the necessary linguistic knowledge to understand and interpret languages as semiological systems, as well as to analyze the structures of languages at different levels.
- Know the grammar of Spanish at the phonological, morphological, syntactic and lexical-semantic level, the linguistic variation in its diverse manifestations (dialects, levels and registers) and its external and internal history. This knowledge has to enable for the analysis and philological, linguistic, pragmatic and discursive commentary of oral or written texts coming from the various stages of its historical development.
- Understand literary discourse as an aesthetic and communicative phenomenon, and as a channel of creation and cultural transmission; identify and describe their formal mechanisms and relate them to other forms of artistic production.
- Know the movements, genres, authors and capital works of Spanish and Latin American Literature in its various historical periods, from the theoretical point of view and through the application of this knowledge in the analysis and interpretation of literary texts.
- Acquire the theoretical-methodological knowledge necessary for the teaching of Spanish as a second language and properly use the strategies, materials and technical resources that enable the acquisition of communicative competence.
- Acquire the instrumental mastery of a second language, knowledge of its linguistic description and its literary and cultural tradition. Start in the use and knowledge of a third language.
- To properly apply the means provided by new technologies to any aspect of philological, linguistic or literary studies, and the ability to assess their usefulness and use in each specific case.
- Know how to use bibliographic resources search tools.
- Use appropriately the bibliography of consultation, systematizing it, synthesizing it, critically evaluating its contents and contributions to the studied subject and framing it in a theoretical perspective.
- Link linguistic and literary knowledge about the Spanish Language with other aspects of its history and culture, as well as with other areas, disciplines and fields of knowledge.
Access and admission of students
Access to the Official Bachelor University Teaching of the University of León as well as its admission procedures are regulated by Royal Decree 1892/2008, as amended and by the agreements reached by the Interuniversity Commission of Castilla y León.
The Office of the Vice-Rector of Students, during the first days of the course, takes place a Welcome Seminar addressed to new students of the first year, which consists mainly of
Presentation of the Center and facilities by the Decanal / Management team:
- School calendar and exams
- Exchange Programs (Exchange Coordinator)
- General Guidelines of the Degree
- Action Plan Tutorial
- Presentation of the professors' picture of the first year of the Degree.
Guided visit to the Center's facilities.
In addition, printed material with all the information related to the Center and the University Services is available to the students at the venues.
Action Plan Tutorial
Since 2002, the University of León has been developing the Tutorial Action Plan (PAT), which has as GENERAL OBJECTIVE: to be a permanent system of academic guidance in which each student will be assigned a tutor during the first courses of their studies.
Quality guarantee system
The University of León following the guidelines of the ENQUA (European Association for Quality Assurance) that establishes what are the European Criteria and Guidelines for internal quality assurance in Higher Education institutions, has developed, for years, the policy and internal procedures for the quality assurance of the institution, with a commitment to the culture of quality through strategies of continuous improvement and the development of procedures at the service of the institution that allow to involve all the agents of the same.
In this sense, from the Office of Evaluation and Quality (OEC) of the University of Leon has developed a Support Tool for Tracking of Titles with the main objective of providing Quality Commissions of the Centers / Departments / Institutes of the ULE of an internal information management tool that facilitates the coordination and proper development of the FOLLOW UP of the Official Degrees of the University of León.
In the tool, the necessary information is available to perform:
- Follow-up Process of the Official Degrees both internally by the ULE, and externally according to the criteria established by the Agency for the Quality of the University System of Castilla y León (ACSUCYL)
- Decision making of the institution.