We train qualified professionals to carry out socio-educational interventions so that both individuals and groups achieve their personal and social development and their integration and participation in the community.
If you are interested in learning to
- Encourage the improvement of the social skills and abilities of individuals.
- Promote change and social transformation.
- Promote sociocultural, socio-labor, institutional and community development.
- Contribute to the creation and consolidation of the social and associative fabric.
- Plan, program, manage and evaluate institutions, plans and programs, services, actions and resources from the educational, social and cultural aspects.
- Mediate and negotiate in making decisions that affect groups and social groups.
- Observe and analyze socio-educational processes, understanding their theoretical and practical foundations.
- Work in interdisciplinary teams.
What we offer you
- Internship agreements in numerous institutions and entities.
- Adequate infrastructure for teaching and learning.
- Qualified teachers committed to learning.
- National and international mobility programs (Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, United States, France, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Peru, Portugal, Russia, Sweden, Taiwan and Vietnam).
The Social Educator is a professional of socio-educational intervention, which acts in the following areas: basic social services and social action centers; childhood, adolescence and youth; adults and seniors; drug addiction; physical and / or mental disability; Health; sociocultural animation and leisure education; intercultural mediation services; social awareness campaigns; education and development cooperation programs; women and equal opportunities, etc.
- Written expression: knowing how to express yourself clearly in writing writings adapting the language style to the interlocutor and using specific and relevant vocabulary
- Oral expression: knowing how to express yourself clearly in conversations or debates adapting the language style to the interlocutor and using specific and relevant vocabulary
- Teamwork: Ability to commit with a team, a habit of collaboration and work solving conflicts that may arise
- Leadership: ability to lead work groups, meetings, supervise people ...
- Decision making and problem solving: problem location, identify causes and alternatives for solution, selection and evaluation of the most suitable
- Critical thinking: ability to analyze, synthesize and draw conclusions from an article (whether opinion or scientific)
- Daily reasoning: ability to search for arguments that are contrary to one's opinion (theoretical framework, ideology, values, social conflicts ...)
- Creativity: capacity for innovation, initiative, promotion of ideas and inventiveness
- Learning ability
- Reflective ability about their own work
- Management: ability to manage time and resources: develop plans, prioritize activities, identify criticisms, set deadlines and meet them
- Documentation skills: consultation of relevant databases in the professional field, consultation of specific journals, "expert" Internet browsing ...
- Capacity for analysis and synthesis: break down complex situations into parts for analysis and gather disaggregated information to analyze it as a whole
- Interpersonal relationship skills: ability to relate adequately to others
- Adaptation to new situations.
- Computer skills related to the field of study.
Access and admission of students
The access to the Official University Teaching of the University of León as well as its admission procedures, are regulated by Royal Decree 1892/2008, in its modifications and by the agreements reached by the Interuniversity Commission of Castilla y León