We train modern professionals and adapted to the European Higher Education Area, combining the exclusive competences of the Mining Engineer profession with new fields and disciplines.
If you are interested in learning to
- Design, plan and direct mining operations. Perform geotechnical studies applied to mining, construction and civil works.
- Work with explosives, know their properties and operation and project large blasts.
- Design, operate and maintain plants for the preparation and treatment of minerals, industrial rocks, ornamental rocks and waste.
- Know the electrification in mining industries.
What we offer you
- Orientation to a wide range of employment possibilities.
- Practices agreements for all students.
- Training in exclusive competitions in Spain in different activities: underground excavations, use of explosives, water extraction, etc.
- Combination of experience and teaching innovation, applied to exclusive groups of students.
- National and international mobility programs (Germany, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Slovakia, United States, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Peru, Poland, Czech Republic, Russia, Taiwan, Turkey and Vietnam ).
High degree of labor insertion in a wide range of professional activities
• Management and management of mining, industrial and energy companies • Extraction of mineral resources, oil, gas and water • Extraction and use of ornamental and industrial rocks. • Projection and supervision of civil works and underground works: tunnels, caverns, subway, etc. • Manufacture, storage and use of explosives and pyrotechnics.
CB1 - That students have proven to possess and understand knowledge in an area of study that is based on general secondary education, and is usually found at a level that, although supported by advanced textbooks, also includes some aspects that imply knowledge coming from the forefront of their field of study
CB2 - That the students know how to apply their knowledge to their work or vocation in a professional way and possess the skills that are usually demonstrated through the elaboration and defense of arguments and the resolution of problems within their area of study
CB3 - That students have the ability to gather and interpret relevant data (usually within their area of study) to make judgments that include a reflection on relevant social, scientific or ethical issues
CB4 - That students can transmit information, ideas, problems and solutions to both a specialized and non-specialized public
CB5 - That the students have developed those learning skills necessary to undertake further studies with a high degree of autonomy
Access and admission of students
Access to the Official Bachelor University Teaching of the University of León as well as its admission procedures are regulated by Royal Decree 1892/2008, as amended and by the agreements reached by the Interuniversity Commission of Castilla y León.