We train highly trained professionals to develop teaching tasks related to History, devote themselves to historical research and develop entrepreneurial work in the field of cultural management.
If you are interested in learning to
- Know and understand from a diachronic perspective, history, becoming aware of the relationship between current events and processes and the past.
- Know and understand the relationship between the social, economic, institutional and cultural dimensions of the past.
- Develop attitudes of tolerance and respect for cultural diversity and the different points of view that derive from historical and cultural traditions.
- Know, use and assess the sources of information used in historical research (bibliographic, documentary, archaeological, etc.) to recognize their fields of application and their limitations.
- Know and manage the methods and techniques of analysis to work on historical data.
What we offer you
- Teachers with extensive experience and high qualification.
- Agreements with institutions, entities and companies for the realization of external practices.
- Practical orientation in the subjects.
- National and international mobility programs (Germany, Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, United States, France, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Taiwan and Vietnam).
Teaching in Secondary and Baccalaureate Education • Research • Professional archeology • Management work related to historical, cultural and documentary heritage for both administration and companies
That students have demonstrated to possess and understand knowledge in an area of study that is based on general secondary education, and is usually found at a level that, although supported by advanced textbooks, also includes some aspects that imply knowledge from from the forefront of its field of study
That the students know how to apply their knowledge to their work or vocation in a professional manner and possess the competencies that are usually demonstrated through the elaboration and defense of arguments and the resolution of problems within their area of study
That students have the ability to collect and interpret relevant data (usually within their area of study) to make judgments that include a reflection on relevant social, scientific or ethical issues
That students can transmit information, ideas, problems and solutions to a specialized and non-specialized public
That the students have developed those learning skills necessary to undertake further studies with a high degree of autonomy
Access and admission of students
Access to the Official Bachelor University Teaching of the University of León as well as its admission procedures are regulated by Royal Decree 1892/2008, as amended and by the agreements reached by the Interuniversity Commission of Castilla y León.