We train professionals capable of designing and supervising technological processes in the food industry, managing and controlling the quality of products throughout the entire food chain and training and advising on food issues.
If you are interested in learning to
- Apply methods of analysis of food, raw materials and ingredients, assess the health risk associated with a process / food, apply food safety control procedures and implement and manage quality systems.
- Design and supervise technological processes, evaluate and manage environmental risks and establish tools for process control in the food industry.
- Formulate food products that adapt to nutritional recommendations, intervene in health promotion activities contributing to the nutritional education of the population and develop epidemiological studies on food.
- Manage collective catering services, propose adequate food programs to different groups and ensure the quality and food safety of managed foods.
- Interpret and apply the legal provisions in the food field, design and carry out commercial research and the marketing plan for a food product and advise companies, groups and associations on food issues
What we offer you
- Extensive experience in the training of food scientists and technologists.
- Training with a strong orientation to practice.
- Laboratories and pilot plant equipped with adequate equipment and technology.
- Internship agreements with more than 50 companies / entities in the food sector.
- Teaching staff with extensive teaching and research experience.
- National and international mobility programs (Germany, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Slovenia, United States, France, Hungary, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Lithuania, Mexico, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Taiwan and Vietnam).
- Development and innovation of processes and products in the food industry
- Food quality control and management
- Food safety
- Nutrition, public health and collective restoration
- Advice, marketing, communication and marketing and training
CB1 "That students have demonstrated to possess and understand knowledge in an area of study that is based on general secondary education, and is usually found at a level that, although supported by advanced textbooks, also includes some aspects that imply knowledge coming from the forefront of their field of study "
CB2 "That students know how to apply their knowledge to their work or vocation in a professional manner and possess the skills that are usually demonstrated through the elaboration and defense of arguments and the resolution of problems within their area of study"
CB3 That students have the ability to gather and interpret relevant data (usually within their area of study) to make judgments that include a reflection on relevant social, scientific or ethical issues
CB4 That students can transmit information, ideas, problems and solutions to a specialized and non-specialized public
CB5 That students have developed those learning skills necessary to undertake further studies with a high degree of autonomy
Access and admission of students
The ideal entry profile for a student who accesses the Degree in Food Science and Technology is characterized by:
- Basic scientific knowledge acquired during secondary education, in the field of biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, mainly,
- ability to solve everyday problems and skills for understanding reading, synthesis and analysis,
- ability for social relationships and teamwork,
- interest in the knowledge of the scientific bases that explain the processes of obtaining / processing / conservation of food and its control,
- interest in work in the laboratory,
- motivation for quality,
- awareness of problems related to human health, with the
- pollution of the environment and with the use of resources,
- ethical values that allow him to develop his tasks as a university student,
- knowledge of the characteristics of the degree, job expectations and their projection in society.