We train professionals providing a modern training adapted to the European Higher Education Area, aimed at the specialization of engineers in fields and disciplines related to Geoinformation.
What we offer you
- Training with a strong practical orientation, through field work and in specific laboratories.
- Excellent provision of topographical instruments, GPS, drones and cameras.
- Agreements of practices with companies of the sector and town halls.
- Faculty with extensive experience in the practice of the profession.
- Specialization in a very versatile profession.
- National and international mobility programs (Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Slovakia, United States, Japan, Lithuania, Mexico, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Taiwan and Vietnam).
Projects for the construction of bridges, dams, roads, structures and constructions in general, in civil and industrial works
Direction and execution of cadastral, topographic and population surveys
Generation of maps of all kinds for integration in web applications, maps in virtual reality, interactive cartography and GIS with GPS, systems for cars, mobile phones, etc.
Photogrammetry, photogrammetric surveys and terrestrial photogrammetry for restoration and conservation of monuments
Remote sensing, applications based on satellite images, for environmental studies, agro-forestry and global change
Auscultation and control of deformations of large structures
Georeferencing and certification of surfaces, farms and lots for registration in the Registry
- CB1 That students have demonstrated to possess and understand knowledge in an area of study that starts from the base of general secondary education, and is usually found at a level that, although supported by advanced textbooks, also includes some aspects that they imply knowledge coming from the vanguard of their field of study.
- CB2 That students know how to apply their knowledge to their work or vocation in a professional manner and have the skills that are usually demonstrated through the elaboration and defense of arguments and the resolution of problems within their area of study.
- CB3 That students have the ability to gather and interpret relevant data (usually within their area of study) to make judgments that include a reflection on relevant social, scientific or ethical issues.
- CB4 That students can transmit information, ideas, problems and solutions to a specialized and non-specialized public.
- CB5 That the students have developed those learning skills necessary to undertake further studies with a high degree of autonomy.
- CG1 Design and develop geomatic and topographic projects.
- CG2 Analyze, record and organize the knowledge of the environment and the distribution of the property and use that information for the planning and administration of the land.
- CG3 Understand and analyze the problems of implementation in the field of infrastructures, buildings and buildings projected from the topography engineering, analyze them and proceed with their implementation.
- CG4 Capacity for decision making, leadership, human resources management and management of interdisciplinary teams related to spatial information.
- CG5 Determine, measure, evaluate and represent the terrain, three-dimensional objects, points and trajectories.
- CG6 Collect and interpret information about the land and all that geographically and economically related to it.
- CG7 Management and execution of research projects, development and innovation in the field of this engineering.
- CG8 Planning, project, direction, execution, and management of measurement processes, information systems, image exploitation, positioning and navigation; modeling, representation and visualization of territorial information in, under and on the terrestrial surface.
- CG9 Planning, project, direction, execution and management of processes and products of application to the civil work and the building, in the geomatic field.
- CG10 Planning, project, direction, execution and management of processes and products of application to environmental, agronomic, forestry and mining engineering, in the geomatic field.
- CG11 Planning, project, direction, execution and management of processes and products of application in the information society in the geomatic field.
- CG12 Planning, project, direction, execution and management of processes and products of application in cadastre and registry, territorial planning and valuation, in the geomatic field.
Access and admission of students
Access to the Official Bachelor University Teaching of the University of León as well as its admission procedures are regulated by Royal Decree 1892/2008, as amended and by the agreements reached by the Interuniversity Commission of Castilla y León.
The Office of the Vice-Rector of Students, during the first days of the course, takes place a Welcome Seminar addressed to new students of the first year, which consists mainly of
Presentation of the Center and facilities by the Decanal / Management team:
- School calendar and exams
- Exchange Programs (Exchange Coordinator)
- General Guidelines of the Degree
- Action Plan Tutorial
- Presentation of the professors' picture of the first year of the Degree.
Guided visit to the Center's facilities.
In addition, printed material with all the information related to the Center and the University Services is available to the students at the venues.
Action Plan Tutorial
Since 2002, the University of León has been developing the Tutorial Action Plan (PAT), which has as GENERAL OBJECTIVE: to be a permanent system of academic guidance in which each student will be assigned a tutor during the first courses of their studies.
Quality guarantee system
The University of León following the guidelines of the ENQUA (European Association for Quality Assurance) that establishes what are the European Criteria and Guidelines for internal quality assurance in Higher Education institutions, has developed, for years, the policy and internal procedures for the quality assurance of the institution, with a commitment to the culture of quality through strategies of continuous improvement and the development of procedures at the service of the institution that allow to involve all the agents of the same.
In this sense, from the Office of Evaluation and Quality (OEC) of the University of Leon has developed a Support Tool for Tracking of Titles with the main objective of providing Quality Commissions of the Centers / Departments / Institutes of the ULE of an internal information management tool that facilitates the coordination and proper development of the FOLLOW UP of the Official Degrees of the University of León.
In the tool, the necessary information is available to perform:
- Follow-up Process of the Official Degrees both internally by the ULE, and externally according to the criteria established by the Agency for the Quality of the University System of Castilla y León (ACSUCYL)
- Decision making of the institution.
Different types of users have been determined for access to the Application, based on the function they perform in the monitoring process. In the same way it is possible to establish different levels of dissemination of the information of the official titles of the ULE.
Adaptation procedure for students from previous education.
The degree in Technical Engineering in Topography is extinguished with the implementation of the Degree in Engineering in Geomatics and Topography.
The implementation of the Degree in Engineering in Geomatics and Surveying will be carried out by courses, beginning in the academic year 2010/20011, in which it was implemented for students who first accessed the University. The remaining courses will be progressively implemented in successive years. Thus, the next course, 2011-2012, the new degree will affect second-year students and new students who start the first year. In the 2012-2013 academic year, the first three grades of the degree will be taught; and the following year, 2013-2014, the four courses of the degree will be taught. As the Degree is being implemented, the degree of Technical Engineer in Topography will be extinguished.