- Official title: Graduated in Electrical Engineering
- Branch of knowledge: Engineering and Architecture
- Center: Higher Technical School of Industrial Engineering of Béjar
- Type of teaching: On-site
- Spanish Language
- Regulated profession: Industrial Technical Engineer
- Duration: 4 academic courses
- ECTS credits: 240
- Places of new entry 2019-20: 30
The Degree in Electrical Engineering begins to be taught at the USAL in the 2010-11 academic year, once the verification process is passed, and replaces the studies of Industrial Technical Engineer, specializing in Electricity. In 2016, this Degree renewed its accreditation.
This Degree qualifies to practice the regulated profession of Industrial Technical Engineer (Order CIN / 351/2009, of February 9 (BOE February 20, 2009) by which the requirements are established for the verification of the official university degrees that qualify for the exercise of the profession of Industrial Technical Engineer).
This Degree aims to train future graduates who are capable of projecting, directing and coordinating all activities related to Electrical Engineering: generation, transport, distribution, maintenance, management and development of the electrical system.
These studies last 4 years (60 ECTS per year to complete 240) and are structured in five modules of semester subjects: basic training (60 ECTS), common to the industrial branch (66 ECTS), specific Electrical Engineering (60 ECTS) , elective (42 ECTS) and final thesis (12 ECTS). Among the electives, some are offered to deepen the electrical engineering, others from areas of the industrial engineering branch (mechanics, industrial and automatic electronics, design engineering and textile technology) and also include external practices (6 ECTS).
The USAL offers the possibility of studying:
- the Double Degree in Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering,
- the Double Degree in Electrical Engineering and in Industrial and Automatic Electronic Engineering.
In accordance with what is established in the white paper of the Technical Schools of Engineers and the Schools of Industrial Engineers, the objectives of the Electrical Engineer title seek to train professionals to access the labor market in the European Space, capable of working and acting in everything related to the fields of Electrical Engineering, with the ability to work in multidisciplinary teams, willing to adapt to continuous training, and with responsible participation in the social environment of their professional practice.
To achieve this goal, we must train our students to be able to acquire the following competencies established in Order CIN / 351/2009, which establishes the requirements for the verification of official university degrees that qualify for the exercise of the profession of Industrial Technical Engineer.
- Ability to write, sign and develop projects in the field of industrial engineering that have as their object, in accordance with the knowledge acquired as established in section 5 of this order, the construction, reform, repair, conservation, demolition, manufacture, installation, assembly or exploitation of structures, mechanical equipment, energy facilities, electrical and electronic installations, industrial plants and facilities, and manufacturing and automation processes.
- Capacity for the direction of the activities subject of the engineering projects described in the previous section.
- Knowledge in basic and technological subjects, which enables them to learn new methods and theories, and equip them with versatility to adapt to new situations.
- Ability to solve problems with initiative, decision making, creativity, critical reasoning and to communicate and transmit knowledge, skills and abilities in the field of Industrial Engineering.
- Knowledge for the realization of measurements, calculations, valuations, appraisals, surveys, studies, reports, work plans and other analogous works.
- Capacity to handle specifications, regulations and mandatory standards.
- Ability to analyze and assess the social and environmental impact of technical solutions.
- Ability to apply the principles and methods of quality.
- Capacity for organization and planning in the field of the company, and other institutions and organizations.
- Ability to work in a multilingual and multidisciplinary environment.
- Knowledge, understanding and ability to apply the necessary legislation in the exercise of the profession of Industrial Technical Engineer.
Competences to be acquired by the student
The training of the Electrical Engineer should be based on knowledge, and oriented towards the exercise of the profession.
It must be developed within an academic framework that guarantees a solid formation, in which foundations, techniques, abilities, abilities and / or aptitudes are acquired in the best form. The educational process must be influenced by the usefulness of knowledge (general competences) and knowledge of what is useful (specific competences).
- Capacity for analysis and synthesis. Understanding and interpretation of texts and data, development of skills for the concretion of them and their exposition in a clear and succinct way.
- Capacity for organization and planning. Aptitude for the distribution of resources and times and their implementation in real situations.
- Oral and written communication in the native language. Ability to transmit concepts, ideas, processes, etc., related to Industrial Engineering orally and in writing, clearly and correctly.
- Problem resolution. Ability to use scientific-technical tools for solving problems of calculation and design in Industrial Engineering and aptitude for the search of sustainable engineering solutions.
- Teamwork. Capacity for joint work and capacity for the development of multidisciplinary projects.
- Skills in interpersonal relationships. Ability to relate to other people and open skills in the face of the creation of new relationships.
- Adaptation to the labor world. Aptitude for professional insertion in diverse environments and with varied functions in the field of Industrial Engineering.
- Autonomous Learning. Ability to incorporate new knowledge in the area of Industrial Engineering, based on the training acquired and necessary for the evolution of the technique.
- Creativity, Initiative and entrepreneurial spirit. Development of autonomy and creativity capacities, which enhance skills for the development of own initiatives and undertake new projects.
In addition to the general and transversal competences, the student must acquire a series of specific competences that encompass those knowledge related to the area of study and that are the result of learning. The specific competences are decisive for the identification of the degrees, for their comparison and for the definition of the titles.
The Degree in Electrical Engineering must qualify for the exercise of the Electrical Engineer profession in all those professional activities related to Electrical Engineering and in its scientific, technical and teaching development. As it appears in the preamble of this project, the profession of Electrical Technical Engineer, from which this proposal of degree comes, is a regulated profession that has full professional attributions in its specialty and limited for the rest of the specialties. This fact means that the proposal for a new undergraduate degree is made taking into account the possibility that future graduates can continue to maintain these same powers. To this end, a title with generalist training is proposed in its first part, which aims, in addition to preparing for the exercise of the profession, to offer a basic training in Industrial Engineering; to later take the specific character, so that, following the philosophy of Bologna, the student can choose a training itinerary that enables him to acquire the skills and abilities that, within Electrical Engineering, best suit his professional profile.
- Generalist training
- Continuous training.
- Direct access to the Master of Industrial Engineering.
Electrical Engineering is multidisciplinary and interdisciplinary. The concepts, theories and methods of other sciences are used by electrical engineers and applied continuously in professional life. There is a direct link with the Industrial Electricity from which it takes its name but, in addition, it is necessary to support knowledge of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Mechanics, Electronics, Automation and Information Technologies, etc. The preparation in relevant aspects of such disciplines will constitute a part of the degrees in Electrical Engineering, without losing sight of the fact that these basic training subjects are the basis not only for Electrical Engineering, but also for Industrial Engineering, which again denotes the great affinity that has the family of studies.
The objectives set for the curriculum are, in principle, minimum, divided into modules, which is transcribed from Order CIN / 351/2009, of February 9, which establishes the requirements for the verification of the official university qualifications that qualify for the exercise of the profession of Industrial Technical Engineer.
This Degree is designed for students with the capacity for scientific reasoning and the resolution of real problems that allow them to project, direct and coordinate all activities related to Electrical Engineering. In addition to the essential habit of work, dedication to study and taste for the challenges posed in Engineering.
The degree is recommended for people who have passed the Bachillerato, studying in their options Mathematics, Physics and Technical Drawing subjects, and later the entrance exams to the University.
- Technical Drawing II
- Electrical engineering
- Mathematics II
- Industrial Technology II
Access, Pre-registration, Admission and Registration
In order to enroll in this Degree, special conditions or tests different from the general ones established by the basic state regulations are not provided.
Students with partial official university studies who wish to be admitted to this degree should consult the requirements in the section "Transfer of file" of the Academic Guide of the degree in this same web.
Academic and Professional Exits
Once you finish the Degree in Electrical Engineering, we suggest you study one of the following University Master's degrees at the USAL , if you opt for a greater specialization:
- Industrial engineer
- Advanced Analysis of Multivariate Data and Big Data
- Nuclear physics
- Physics and Technology of Lasers
- Intelligent Systems
- ESO and Baccalaureate Teacher, Vocational Training and Language Teaching
Professional opportunities are diverse, participating in activities in virtually all sectors: construction, electrical, electronic, chemical, gas, mechanical, industrial in general, university and pre-university education, metallurgy and derivatives, as well as numerous public administration functions. The most common work areas are: industrial production, maintenance and industrial exploitation. Virtually all sectors of economic and industrial activity demand the presence of these professionals, because any industrial activity has an electrical component.
About the School
The University of Salamanca (Spanish: Universidad de Salamanca) is a Spanish higher education institution, located in the town of Salamanca, west of Madrid, in the autonomous community of Castile and ... Read More