We train qualified professionals to exercise the profession of Teacher in Early Childhood Education as a regulated profession, providing them with a practical knowledge of the classroom and its management so that they are able to regulate the processes of interaction and communication in groups of students from 0-3 years and 3-6 years.
If you are interested in learning to
- Promote and facilitate early childhood learning, from a globalizing and integrative perspective.
- Design and develop didactic processes that conform to the objectives, contents and evaluation criteria determined by the regulations governing Infant Education.
- Design and regulate learning spaces in contexts of diversity.
- Promote coexistence in the classroom and outside it.
- Promote the autonomy and uniqueness of each student as factors of education of emotions, feelings and values in early childhood.
- Know the organization of the Early Childhood Education centers.
What we offer you
- Internships in schools.
- Adequate infrastructure for teaching and learning.
- Qualified teachers committed to learning.
- National and international mobility programs (Germany, Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, United States, France, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Peru, Poland, Portugal, United Kingdom, Romania, Russia, Sweden, Taiwan and Vietnam).
- Public educational centers (previous opposition).
- Educational centers arranged and private by employment contract.
- Written expression: knowing how to express yourself clearly in writing writings adapting the language style to the interlocutor and using specific and relevant vocabulary
- Oral expression: knowing how to express yourself clearly in conversations or debates adapting the language style to the interlocutor and using specific and relevant vocabulary
- Teamwork: Ability to commit with a team, a habit of collaboration and work solving conflicts that may arise
- Leadership: ability to lead work groups, meetings, supervise people ...
- Decision making and problem solving: problem location, identify causes and alternatives for solution, selection and evaluation of the most suitable
- Critical thinking: ability to analyze, synthesize and draw conclusions from an article (whether opinion or scientific)
- Daily reasoning: ability to search for arguments that are contrary to one's opinion (theoretical framework, ideology, values, social conflicts ...)
- Creativity: capacity for innovation, initiative, promotion of ideas and inventiveness
- Learning ability
- Reflective ability about their own work
- Management: ability to manage time and resources: develop plans, prioritize activities, identify criticisms, set deadlines and meet them
- Documentation skills: consultation of relevant databases in the professional field, consultation of specific journals, "expert" Internet browsing ...
- Capacity for analysis and synthesis: break down complex situations into parts for analysis and gather disaggregated information to analyze it as a whole
- Interpersonal relationship skills: ability to relate adequately to others
- Adaptation to new situations.
- Computer skills related to the field of study.
Access and admission of students
The access to the Official University Teaching of the University of León as well as its admission procedures, are regulated by Royal Decree 1892/2008, in its modifications and by the agreements reached by the Interuniversity Commission of Castilla y León