We train competitive professionals in the labor market, with extensive knowledge of biological and technological systems, who can develop procedures and products in the fields of biomedicine, agri-food, industrial production and the environment, taking into account the ethical and legal aspects of Biotechnology
If you are interested in learning to
- Manage molecular, instrumental and bioinformatics techniques useful in Biotechnology.
- Design and execute experiments of cloning and genetic modification of organisms.
- Cultivate and properly manipulate cells with different biotechnological applications.
- Design production strategies and improvement of biotechnological products.
- Work in industrial biotechnological production processes
What we offer you
- Training with a strong orientation to practice and with emphasis on research activity.
- Accessible teaching staff with extensive experience in teaching and research.
- Small number of students with excellent academic level.
- Quality and well-managed infrastructure and laboratories.
- Internship agreements with more than 50 companies and research centers.
- National and international mobility programs (Germany, Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Slovenia, United States, France, Holland, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Peru, Poland, Portugal, United Kingdom, Russia , Sweden, Taiwan, Turkey and Vietnam).
- Biosanitary-pharmaceutical-veterinary industry.
- Agricultural, food and chemical industry.
- Consulting companies specialized in Biotechnology.
- Research centers
- Hospital centers.
- Management of technical teams and development and execution of projects in Biotechnology.
- Teaching in secondary and university education.
General and specific skills that students must acquire during their studies, and that are required to grant the degree.
CB1 That students have demonstrated to possess and understand knowledge in an area of study that starts from the base of general secondary education, and is usually found at a level that, although supported by advanced textbooks, also includes some aspects that they imply knowledge coming from the vanguard of their field of study.
CB2 That students know how to apply their knowledge to their work or vocation in a professional manner and have the skills that are usually demonstrated through the elaboration and defense of arguments and the resolution of problems within their area of study.
CB3 That students have the ability to gather and interpret relevant data (usually within their area of study) to make judgments that include a reflection on relevant social, scientific or ethical issues.
CB4 That students can transmit information, ideas, problems and solutions to a specialized and non-specialized public.
CB5 That the students have developed those learning skills necessary to undertake further studies with a high degree of autonomy.
Access and admission of students
Access to the Official Bachelor University Teaching of the University of León as well as its admission procedures are regulated by Royal Decree 1892/2008, as amended and by the agreements reached by the Interuniversity Commission of Castilla y León.