Strengthen your creative capacity and the generation of ideas as a way to advance biotechnological research and its technological applications in sectors such as healthcare, pharmaceutical, agro-food, chemical or environmental.
The Degree in Biotechnology of the Universidad Europea applies the Project Based Learning: from small projects in a subject, to large transversal projects along a complete course, where you can work on the development of a real biotechnological process, from the laboratory poyata until the commercialization of the product. Can you imagine yourself designing the strategy of cloning and expression of a gene of biotechnological interest and putting it into practice? It is possible here
Because from the second grade you can have the possibility of experiencing an early immersion in biotechnology research working with research professionals and being able to obtain a scholarship as an assistant student. Because you will have teachers who are world leaders in their field of knowledge.
So that you can get the most out of our Project Based School model, the Faculty of Biomedical and Health Sciences puts at your disposal the most modern facilities equipped with the materials used by professionals in the main research centers such as: Specialized laboratories in biomedicine, biology, genetics, microbiology, chemistry, pharmaceutical technology, etc .; Laboratory for the development of biotechnological projects, research laboratories guided by first level researchers.
In addition to facilities outside the university in centers of recognized national and international research prestige such as: Higher Council for Scientific Research (CSIC), the Carlos III Health Institute for Immunology and Virology practices or the Research Center of the Paraplegics Hospital of Toledo for the development of more complex practices of the degree that require the use of large equipment. And of course our work rooms, bioinformatics classrooms, Hub Emprende, etc.
During the last year of the Degree in Biotechnology, you will also carry out internships in the main institutions, research centers and companies of the biotechnology sector at a national and international level that will allow you to start up all the acquired knowledge: Companies associated with ASEBIO, Higher Council of Scientific Research (CSIC), The Hospital Group Quirónsalud, and in biotechnological and pharmaceutical companies such as Genómica, ERCROS, Lilly, BMS, Quintiles, etc.
At the end of your degree you will also obtain two own degrees in innovative and professional fields of biotechnology: Expert Course in Molecular Architecture in Biology and the Expert Course in Management of Biotechnological Companies and International Projects IDI
You can take part of your studies at universities in the United Kingdom, Germany, Croatia or the United States, with a stay at the University of Riverside, in California, one of the most prestigious centers for this area. In this way you get a double degree in Biotechnology from the Universidad Europea and the Postgraduate Diploma in Biotechnology Management from UC Riverside University (California), with which you will also have the opportunity to extend 6 more months of work experience in the biotechnology sector in U.S.
Practical, useful, real training:
As a student of the Degree in Biotechnology of the Universidad Europea learn under the Project Based School methodology, which consists of a totally innovative learning system where you will enjoy learning and working on real biotechnological research projects, obtaining an eminently practical and multidisciplinary training. For this, we use methodologies such as:
- Inquiry Based Learning, where we will help you to develop an own and innovative research idea throughout the first two academic years, giving you all the necessary tools so that your idea can be transformed into a real business project. For this we have Hub Emprende, where big ideas become companies. Entrepreneurship programs for startups and a co-working space to take your project forward.
- Project Based Learning, from small projects in a subject, to large transversal projects along a complete course, where you can work developing a real biotechnological process, from the laboratory pollata to the commercialization.
All this, with an individualized academic follow-up, as well as the support of a personal mentor who will accompany you in your academic and professional career
The Universidad Europea of Madrid puts at your disposal the most innovative facilities in which you will work in simulation environments through real research cases, which allow you, in a safe way, to apply the acquired knowledge and develop basic skills for your future position. I work as a biotechnologist.
The places where these skills are enhanced so that you work in real technological research and development environments are:
- Specialized laboratories equipped with the most advanced equipment and computer equipment in which you will apply all the knowledge experimentally: biomedicine, biology, genetics, microbiology, chemistry, pharmaceutical technology, etc.
- Research laboratories guided by first level researchers and in which scholarship students collaborate
- Facilities of the CSIC and the Carlos III Health Institute for Immunology practices. Collaboration with the research center of the hospital of Paraplegics of Toledo for the development of more complex practices of the degree that require the use of large teams.
- Work rooms, bioinformatics classrooms, Hub Emprende, etc.
- Simulated Hospital Learn more about Simulation Environments and Experimental Laboratories
Along with your degree studies you will carry out two Expert Course
Expert course in Molecular Architecture in Biology (9 ECTS), with which you will be trained in one of the most innovative fields of biotechnology such as Docking and Molecular Dynamics. You will learn the rational design of drugs, phytopharmaceuticals and nutraceuticals, the identification of pathology targets, the rational design of biocatalysts, etc. A professional field of growing demand that is allowing great savings in costs and time to the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industry.
This expert program has a duration of 9 ECTS that he teaches after the third year.
Expert Course in Management of Biotechnological Companies and International Projects ID i (12 ECTS), with which you will be trained in the operation of biotechnology companies, intellectual property and how it is managed, which are patents or the search for financing for the development of projects, etc.
Expert program with a duration of 12 ECTS that is taught gradually from the first year.
Practice with the best:
During the last year, you will carry out internships in the main institutions, research centers and companies of the biotechnology sector at a national and international level that will allow you to start up all the acquired knowledge. These include:
- Companies associated with ASEBIO
- National Center of Biotechnology (CNB)
- Higher Council for Scientific Research (CSIC)
- The Quirón Hospital Group, Foundation for Biomedical Research Hospital Gregorio Marañón, Foundation for Biomedical Research of the University Hospital of Getafe and the Paraplegics Hospital of Toledo
- And in biotechnological and pharmaceutical companies such as Genómica, ERCROS, Lilly, BMS, Quintiles, IVI, Cofares, Febiotec, Bioenergy and Technological development, Biotools, Carestream Health Spain, Spanish Federation of Technology Centers, Gamesa Innovationa
Where I can work?
At the end of your Degree in Biotechnology at the Universidad Europea of Madrid you will have become a highly qualified professional for the exercise of your profession in the field of research, development, production, marketing, management and control of biotechnological products. You will have reinforced your ability to analyze, communicate and work as a team, developing business management skills with a high level of English, which will allow an international projection.
Companies and sectors where you can develop your profession:
- Research centers
- Pharmaceutical companies
- Food industry
- Chemical and environmental industry
- Cosmetics companies and other health products
- Consultants and teaching centers
About the School
To provide our students with a comprehensive education, educating leaders and professionals who are prepared to respond to the needs of a global world, to contribute value in their professions and to ... Read More