We train professionals with theoretical and practical knowledge about the morphology, systematics, structure, function and interaction of living beings, to be able to practice professionally in fields as diverse as research, biotechnology-based companies, health, environmental management, teaching, etc.
If you are interested in learning to
- Identify, analyze and classify living organisms and biological agents and materials, as well as their remains and activity signals.
- Produce, transform, manipulate, conserve, identify and control the quality of materials of biological origin.
- Perform genetic studies.
- Perform studies of management, management and conservation of populations and ecosystems; carry out environmental impact studies; plan the exploitation of terrestrial and marine biological resources.
- Advise scientifically and technically on issues related to Biology.
What we offer you
- Solid training in basic scientific subjects of Biology.
- Highly qualified teachers with extensive teaching and research experience.
- Wide availability of infrastructure for the integral training of students.
- Laboratory practices with modern equipment.
- Numerous agreements with companies and organizations to carry out external practices.
- National and international mobility programs (Germany, Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, United States, France, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Peru, Poland, Portugal, United Kingdom, Russia, Sweden, Taiwan Turkey and Vietnam).
- Health field: clinical laboratory, human reproduction, public health, nutrition and dietetics, animal and plant health.
- Research and development: research centers, research and development departments of companies, industries and hospitals.
- Environment: planning and management of the territory, conservation of natural resources and restoration of the natural environment.
- Animal and plant production and improvement.
- Pharmaceutical, agri-food, biotechnology and chemical industry.
- Management and organization of companies related to the Biology and commercialization of pharmaceutical and biological products.
- Teaching: secondary, university and vocational education.
General and specific skills that students must acquire during their studies, and that are required to grant the degree.
CB1 That students have demonstrated to possess and understand knowledge in an area of study that is based on general secondary education, and is usually found at a level that, although supported by advanced textbooks, also includes some aspects that they imply knowledge coming from the forefront of their field of study.
CB2 That students know how to apply their knowledge to their work or vocation in a professional manner and possess the skills that are usually demonstrated through the elaboration and defense of arguments and the resolution of problems within their area of study.
CB3 That students have the ability to gather and interpret relevant data (usually within their area of study) to make judgments that include a reflection on relevant social, scientific or ethical issues.
CB4 That students can transmit information, ideas, problems and solutions to both a specialized and non-specialized public.
CB5 That the students have developed those learning skills necessary to undertake further studies with a high degree of autonomy.
Access and admission of students
The access to the Official University Teaching of the University of León as well as its admission procedures, are regulated by Royal Decree 1892/2008, in its modifications and by the agreements reached by the Interuniversity Commission of Castilla y León