We train professionals capable of adapting to the different social and labor market demands related to teaching and scientific research in the field of Art History and with the conservation, management and dissemination of artistic heritage.
If you are interested in learning to
- Understand the work of art in itself and in its context.
- Appreciate the aesthetic values of artistic manifestations.
- Know the sources and the different methodologies of Art History.
- Apply the knowledge acquired to the management of cultural heritage.
- Develop an interdisciplinary vision of the humanities.
What we offer you
- Teaching staff with extensive teaching and research experience.
- Infrastructures adapted to the needs and demands of the students and of today's society.
- Complete and versatile training completed with study trips.
- Numerous agreements for the realization of practices in cultural institutions.
- Intercultural educational context.
- National and international mobility programs (Germany, Argentina, Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, United States, Estonia, France, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Mexico, Peru, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Taiwan and Vietnam).
Management of cultural heritage in the public or private sector • Development of professional activities in museums and artistic exhibitions • Teaching in secondary and higher education centers • Research in Art History • Technical advice specialized in artistic heritage, inventories, catalogs of works of art , special protection plans, restoration projects, dissemination and interpretation of heritage projects • Documentation, production and dissemination of artistic content in different media.
Possessing and understanding knowledge in an area of study that starts from general secondary education and is usually found at a level that, although supported by advanced textbooks, also includes some aspects that imply knowledge from the forefront of its field of education. study.
Apply their knowledge to their work or vocation in a professional manner and possess the skills that are usually demonstrated through the elaboration and defense of arguments and the resolution of problems within their area of study.
Develop the ability to gather and interpret relevant data (usually within your area of study) to make judgments that include a reflection on relevant social, scientific or ethical issues.
transmit information, ideas, problems and solutions to both a specialized and non-specialized public.
Develop those learning skills necessary to undertake further studies with a high degree of autonomy.
Access and admission of students
Access to the Official Bachelor University Teaching of the University of León as well as its admission procedures are regulated by Royal Decree 1892/2008, as amended and by the agreements reached by the Interuniversity Commission of Castilla y León.