WHAT MAKES US DIFFERENT?
1. The international dimension: personalized bilingual English and Spanish education.
We offer you a whole education in English. We know that studying abroad might inspire any awe so that we support you with the following tools:
- We guarantee you a personalized attention in every subject both in tutorships and exams.
- We include free additional English lessons to improve your level. And if you wish to learn Spanish, we offer you free additional lessons as well, to improve your international profile.
- We arrange the International Week integrated into the academic calendar, in which teachers and students from all over the European universities visit us to work in a common subject through workshops, lectures, competitions, etc. completely developed in English.
As the prestige of the Spanish architecture is worldwide known, the future of an architect needs also to have a look further than our frontiers.
2. Practical training at the most important European ateliers of architecture.
We offer you professional practices at the main European ateliers of architecture. At the present we have more than 50 agreements and it increases year by year in order to give a real international professional experience: Aires Mateus y Joao A. Rocha (Portugal), Müller Sigrist (Switzerland), Cruz y Ortiz y OAB Ferrater (Spain), McCullough-Mulvin (Ireland), Merom Architects (Sweden), Mjölk (Czech Republic), etc. We can guarantee that if you want to practice in an international atelier, you will be able to do it because our groups are of maximum 25 students.
3. Prestigious international teachers invited and something else.
In addition to our solid teaching staff, there is an important number of professional teachers invited such as Guillermo Vázquez Consuegra, Javier García Solera, Ignacio Vicens or João Álvaro Rocha.
The work at classes is also complemented by other valuable activities:
- Conferences and workshops with remarkable architects: Eduardo Souto de Moura, Cruz y Ortiz, Aires Mateus, Josep Llinás, Carme Pinós, Emilio Tuñón, etc.
- Workshops: Green urban infrastructure, Modular Housing, etc.
- Sessions and seminars: Portuguese Architecture, Cinema and Architecture, etc.
- Architecture travels to Italy, Denmark, Finland, Switzerland, Portugal, etc.
- Students involved in projects with high level of innovation like the competition Solar Decathlon Europe in both editions 2010 and 2012.
4. Learning methodology.
We use a unique focus to teach architecture which is based on the case study. Through this methodology, you will apply the theoretical knowledge into a particular and real design in which you will have to analyze, to research and to make decisions so that you will add a learning process inductive to the traditional methodology. The main axis of our degree is the integration of the subjects, thanks to the transversal teaching methodology, which accelerates the process of acquiring and maturation of the knowledge of the student.
5. Focused on the new employability of the architect.
At our School, we carefully attend academics and much more, so this way we prepare our students to address the labor market with greater ease. The traditional abilities of the architect of our degree are added by:
- Intensification in the area of business administration and architectonic project management.
- Intensification in architectonic rehabilitation, renovation and regeneration.
- CEU Access: a program to show you the tools for finding a job in the 21st century.
- CEU Entrepreneurship: a support for being an entrepreneur and to know how to develop your own working space.
- CEU Networking: you will have a platform to get your first national or international job through our Information, Training and Employment Service with which you will get in touch with ex-students and companies that have agreements with us.
WHAT WILL I LEARN?
Architecture is a science and also is an art. Architecture is passion and vocation.
With us, you will learn to:
- Design and manage the building construction or restoration.
- Plan the growth of the urban areas and its territory.
- Stimulate your creative ability and develop it with continued practical exercises.
- Calculate the structure and the facilities of a building and design its building process.
- Use the computer tools which allow you to draw, design and calculate.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 14, 2018